PDA

View Full Version : Area Schools Still Alive

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Regional finals: 6A - Midway takes on always tough Southlake Carroll, Sat at Baylor Stadium
5A - Temples plays Manvel
3A - Salado plays, but don't know who
State semis: 1A - Jonesboro (little town like Kempner just north of Gatesville) takes on Tioga.

Good luck to our area teams.

fchafey
December 5th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Nice piece in the news this morning about OU's coach coming to visit the Panther QB and OU commitment, and offer words of encouragement before the game.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2017, 3:46 PM
He's good but wasn't overly impressive when Midway barely beat Cove.

stevendub
December 9th, 2017, 3:41 AM
Idk if there’s a better QB in Texas honestly & I thought he was good before this year but he clearly improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2017, 4:44 AM
Lake Travis' QB just committed to...............Ohio State!! :)

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Both Salado and Temple lost yesterday. Guess it's up to Midway to make this district proud.

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2017, 8:48 PM
Midway beats Southlake Carroll and Jonesboro also wins.

CenTexDave
December 16th, 2017, 1:26 PM
Midway takes on Longview tonight in state semis.
Jonesboro plays next week for state championship.

sickofpc
December 16th, 2017, 2:47 PM
Midway and Longview could be interesting. Two different types of teams. ..Would like to see it if it wasn't so far.

CenTexDave
December 17th, 2017, 9:40 AM
Midway nipped Longview, something like 28-26, and will play Cypress-Fairbanks next Saturday for the 6A-II Championship.
Lake Travis plays Allen in the 6A-1 championship game.

fchafey
December 17th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Those games should be on TV probably FSSW channel 26.

CenTexDave
December 21st, 2017, 10:53 AM
Jonesboro got stomped in the championship game yesterday, 60-20. Still, a great season.
Good luck to Midway - they play Saturday night. Will be the last game of the 2017 Texas HS football season.

sickofpc
December 21st, 2017, 11:51 AM
I do hope Midway wins,but they will definitely have their hands full with Cy-Fair, who beat Westlake in the semis.

fchafey
December 21st, 2017, 4:01 PM
The Rockdale- Brock game is on and its pretty good. Brock jumped out to a 21-0 lead and Rockdale has fought back to be within 7.

gnatsum
December 21st, 2017, 5:33 PM
Midway nipped Longview, something like 28-26, and will play Cypress-Fairbanks next Saturday for the 6A-II Championship.
Lake Travis plays Allen in the 6A-1 championship game.

The Championship games will be played at JerryWorld in Arlington.
Haven't seen Lake Travis' home field, but Allen's players will think they're playing a home game! :)

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2017, 7:33 AM
Allen is a short drive from Jerry World.
When Cove played Alamo Heights for the state championship in 2007 I thought we got screwed - game was held at the Alamo Dome - a whole 10 minute drive from Alamo Heights HS.

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2017, 4:02 PM
Lovely night for football. Good thing the game is at Jerry's World. Go Midway!

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 7:32 AM
The cold and rain will be gone for the final games today. Hope Midway brings a state championship home.

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 9:46 AM
Midway's QB, Mordecai, was named 1st team All State and 6A Player of the Year!! http://www.kwtx.com/content/sports/Midways-Mordecai-named-6A-offensive-player-of-the-year-465745833.html

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 1:53 PM
College Station just nipped Aledo, 20-19, in 5A Championship Game.

sickofpc
December 23rd, 2017, 3:23 PM
That's really a surprise....

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 4:14 PM
Then good for them. Aledo has had it long enough.

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 5:50 PM
Allen just beat Lake Travis, 35-33.
And.............Army beats San Diego State in the Armed Forces Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 8:02 PM
Cy-Fair leading Midway 17-7 late 2d qtr

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 8:31 PM
Halftime and Midway getting blown out, 27-7.

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 9:17 PM
44-14, 4th quarter

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 9:42 PM
44-21, but only 6 mins left

Gramps
December 23rd, 2017, 9:43 PM
51-28, 4 minutes left.

Night Owl
December 23rd, 2017, 9:52 PM
I hear Dandy Don singing. There are only 11 chooIs in the state that did as well as Midway.

CenTexDave
December 23rd, 2017, 10:34 PM
Don't know about your math, but know what you're saying. Good year, Midway.

Night Owl
December 23rd, 2017, 11:53 PM
6 classes, div 1 and div 2. The only thing I didn't look up was class A, 6 man football. If they have only one division then it are only 10 schools that did as well as Midway.

CenTexDave
December 24th, 2017, 5:54 AM
Two divisions for Six Man also.
Although the final score doesn't reflect this game accurately, Midway deserves a lot of credit. They were down 27-7 at the half, 44-7 in the 3d and made a big
comeback to close it to 44-28. They then tried an onsides kick which blew up and Midway grabbed it and took it for a TD. Final score was 51-35. Obviously it
is apparent they learned how to start scoring quickly in the second half. If Cy-Fair hadn't scored on that onsides kick and Midway gotten the ball and scored
this could have turned out differently. Instead of 51-28 at that point, it could have been 44-35, I assume they would have tried for 2, and then they did
score again so it is possible it could have ended in a tie and then OT.

fchafey
December 24th, 2017, 7:44 AM
Don't know about your math, but know what you're saying. Good year, Midway.

There were 12 championship games at Jerry's world. I give Midway a lot of credit for not quitting. They picked a heck of a night to lay an egg. Especially with all those turn overs. Sad that Lake Travis kid reblew out his knee on the first play. I hope he heals before he gets to OSU.

CenTexDave
December 24th, 2017, 7:48 AM
Wow, I wasn't aware he got hurt. I know he was injured in the semis, but he had it treated and had been practicing all week. Lake Travis might have won if he had been in there.
I know he is graduating from HS early and plans to enroll at OSU for the spring semester.

fchafey
December 24th, 2017, 7:55 AM
He actually got hurt last week, wasn't 100 percent. The first play of the game, he planted the leg, knee buckled and he dropped the ball as he was in terrible pain. Allen picked it up 7-0. The coach from Cy Fair was very animated, so much so in fact you couldn't keep a camera on him very long, cussed like a sailor. Good year though, Hewitt Midway, Waco Midway or Midway, all three of them....

CenTexDave
December 24th, 2017, 8:20 AM
He probably shouldn't have even played. Even so, they only lost by 2.

fchafey
December 24th, 2017, 9:07 AM
Yes, all three games were good yesterday as well as Friday. I really enjoyed watching the kids. College Station's football program being as new as it is, nice to see them win and i guess as people move out of the city or move to newer suburbs as they get here, places like Midway will continue to thrive. People talk about this area growing, more and more Soldiers that move here are electing to leave their fa,ilies in better places, do 18 monhts here and either get back home via deployment or a short tour. This is especailly true in the field grade ranks and senior NCO's.

kantwin
December 24th, 2017, 10:27 AM
The Championship games will be played at JerryWorld in Arlington.
Haven't seen Lake Travis' home field, but Allen's players will think they're playing a home game! :)

I went to Lake Travis several years ago when they were in the same district as Killeen High. Heck of a campus they have.

fchafey
December 24th, 2017, 10:47 AM
I went to Lake Travis several years ago when they were in the same district as Killeen High. Heck of a campus they have.

The Lake Travis crowd looked rather upscale. The players though got pretty classless at the end when Allen was taking the victory formation and they decided to start some crap. I really thought that was pretty childish. Hope the kids were'nt so distraught they get PTSD or something.

kantwin
December 24th, 2017, 1:06 PM
The Lake Travis crowd looked rather upscale. The players though got pretty classless at the end when Allen was taking the victory formation and they decided to start some crap. I really thought that was pretty childish. Hope the kids were'nt so distraught they get PTSD or something.

Upscale is one way of putting it.

CenTexDave
December 24th, 2017, 4:31 PM

The little rich brats aren't used to losing.