PDA

View Full Version : The Tooth Fairy..my story

Scarlett
June 25th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Ok, I have kids who still believe in all the magical things that make being a kid worth it. Tooth fairy and all.
Today my son FINALLY let me pull his front tooth. It has been hanging all crooked for two weeks...and today it finally started to turn black...UGH! (Yeah, N-A-S-T-Y.)
Anyhow, I yanked it out. So it is currently under a pillow in his room. I am praying to God the tooth fairy does not forget again. We do not have the best track record in my house of the tooth fairy being on schedule....and the tooth fairy is running out of creative excuses.
But that brings me to my post...I thought this might make some of you smile...it is my best "tooth fairy story" ever. I am actually planning to write a children's book about this excuse. I just got to find someone to illustrate it. (Any artists out there?)

My daughter, Stormy, had a "bad" tooth. Really bad. Cavity, blackened, infested bad. I mean, it was GROSS. The dentist decided that it was better to just pull it than it was to "fix" it. And so he did.

Tooth under pillow that night. Daughter excited, because the going rate here is $1.00. She was 5. That was a fortune.

Morning comes, and the tooth was still under her pillow. Oops. (This was my first time forgetting, thus this excuse gets good...creativity was peak.)
I told her that the tooth fairy was probably backed up, what with the holidays and all that...lots of tooth decay from sweets...

Next morning, oops...
Next morning, oops again...

This goes on for FOUR MORE NIGHTS! (Bad mom award, right here...)

Finally, on the night of the fifth day, the tooth fairy came. She left a letter explaining her folly.

The letter was on official letterhead from "Fairy Land." It explained in great, official details how Flora, the fairy assigned to her case, was in training. This was her first official solo run. And she was confused. Seems that there is a law in fairy land about refusing to accept teeth that were "rotten." (Did you know, that tooth fairy's build things out of teeth? They do, and what can you build with a rotten tooth?) So anyhow, seems there was also a law that dealt with teeth that are pulled in dentist offices. Poor Flora was confused. And who knew it....this was the first time such a case had been discovered?!?!
Needless to say, this issue had to go before the Grand Council in Fairy Land, and at the end of it, Stormy's Law was passed. (Officially known as Proposition 245-3B) It states that ALL teeth, REGARDLESS of condition, when pulled in a dentist's office, are to be paid DOUBLE the payment, to compensate for the pain and suffering of said human. Also, it was noted that previous law, aka Proposition 201-1C allows for a dollar per day late payment.
It was signed by Gloria, Head TFIC. (Tooth Fairy in Charge) and stamped and everything. There was also $7.00 in the envelope. (A dollar for each late day, as well as the $2 fee for the tooth.)

She was so excited, she took that letter to school the next morning to show her teacher. All the kindergarten teachers shared the story with their classes, and Stormy was a star. After all, how many kids have an official LAW named after them?

Night Owl
June 25th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Great story. Greater imigination!!!!

Scarlett
June 25th, 2009, 11:46 PM
I can knock out a good imagination story when the moment calls for it. It is a good quality to have...haha.
(I believe my college professor said I should have majored in BS, because I could just make **** up at the drop of a hat, AND make anyone believe it.)

xzochye
June 26th, 2009, 12:47 AM
That is a great story. You should see if there are any really great art students at your school and have them illustrate the story for you.

Scarlett
June 26th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Thank you. I can totally "visualize it" in my head, and I know I could write it the way I want...I just think it deserves more than stick people fairies! :-s

Texas Immigrant
June 26th, 2009, 7:12 AM
I LOVED the story. My mom's name was Gloria, so that's extra special to me. I have my kids call "The Tooth Fairy", my sister, and tell her that the other has lost a tooth. It's really fun to see and listen to the phone calls. This way my sister gets to be a part of the excitement, she lives back in Washington. I can send you a PM tonight to remind you if you want!! :-)

THEMEANOGRE
June 26th, 2009, 7:23 AM
I think I just found my soul mate.

Scarlett
June 26th, 2009, 8:41 AM
THE TOOTH FAIRY CAME! Holy smokes I had to stay up late. He kept getting out his gameboy because he "couldn't sleep."

It will be fun to see his face when he wakes up. I heard him telling his little sister last night that, "Sometimes around here the tooth fairy takes a few days, so don't get too excited."

Texas Immigrant
June 26th, 2009, 1:31 PM
That's funny. Was he surprised?

Scarlett
June 26th, 2009, 7:41 PM
He WAS! He came downstairs with the money in his hand and said, "Look mom, first night and it paid!"
I said, "Weird! But COOL!"

CenTexDave
June 26th, 2009, 9:55 PM
Good story. You know the old saying - "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bull****"!! :)

FieryPrincess
June 27th, 2009, 8:22 AM
The tooth fairy forgets here too. I was ablet o catch it once because she was eating breakfast and I was able to slip over and pitch some money under a pillow.

kantwin
June 27th, 2009, 9:29 AM
Many years ago, my youngest had 4 teeth pulled at the same time. Seems tooth crowding runs in my family, I had 8 pulled at once, 1st molars, both baby and adult all yanked out at once.
So, I figured - big teeth, big money. I went to just about every bank in town looking for the Ike dollars - the big ones. All they had were the Susan B. Anthony dollars, and those were in short supply. This was before the new "gold" dollar coins that started with the Sacajawea dollars in 2000.
A few had some Kennedy half dollars. One teller had a stack of $2 bills, so I figured I would get 4 $2 bills and 4 Kennedy half dollars. Took me all afternoon to run around town.