PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 Games

stevendub
September 9th, 2017, 4:26 PM
Thursday games(9/14):

Shoemaker (0-2) @ Round Rock Cedar Ridge (1-1)

Vandegrift (0-2) @ Killeen (0-2)

Friday games(9/15):

Ellison (1-1) @ Montgomery (0-1)

Belton (0-2) @ Round Rock Stony Point (2-0)

Waco (2-0) @ Harker Heights (2-0)

Waco Midway (2-0) @ 5A #3 Temple (2-0)

Copperas Cove (1-1) vs El Paso Franklin (1-1), Andrews, Texas 8:00 PM start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CenTexDave
September 9th, 2017, 6:13 PM
Midway at Temple should be good

stevendub
September 9th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Yep Waco-Heights could be too. Might be a comeback year for Waco

stevendub
September 13th, 2017, 9:10 PM
Thursday games(9/14):

Shoemaker (0-2) @ Round Rock Cedar Ridge (1-1)

Vandegrift (0-2) @ Killeen (0-2)

Friday games(9/15):

Ellison (1-1) @ Montgomery (0-1)

Belton (0-2) @ Round Rock Stony Point (2-0)

Waco (2-0) @ Harker Heights (2-0)

Waco Midway (2-0) @ 5A #3 Temple (2-0)

Copperas Cove (1-1) vs El Paso Franklin (1-1), Andrews, Texas 8:00 PM start.

Cedar Ridge wins here, again with the Wolves just need to see improvement right now, they did cut down on the turnovers so that's good.

Vandegrift over the Roos..Killeen I hear has good talent this year they may just be doing what they did last year who knows.

Ellison bounces back & wins

Belton has a QB problem now according to their fans & sTp is rolling so Stony Point

Waco over Heights, both teams can run so whoever gets a lead first probably wins

What a game this is, this could be that DQ big game of the week on Fox Sports Southwest it's that good. Temple gets payback for last year this time. However if Midway wins this game I predict they go undefeated in the RS you've seen it here.

Cove wins out in West Texas, we'll see how travel affects them if it even does.

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2017, 11:17 AM
So Shoemaker and Killeen are both now 0-3. Like I stated previously, this district is a joke. It used to be one of the toughest in the state.

onetime
September 15th, 2017, 11:19 AM
So Shoemaker and Killeen are both now 0-3. Like I stated previously, this district is a joke. It used to be one of the toughest in the state.

Centex keep in mind that they are playing some of the best teams in the area.

fchafey
September 15th, 2017, 12:53 PM
I think 4 high schools dilutes the talent pool. I don't have an answer on how to fix it, maybe build two more so the whole district can maybe go down to 3 or 4A. Eh, but what to I know...

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2017, 1:07 PM
That 5th HS, if they build it, would probably drop all of them to 5-A. Great, then can play in a district with Temple and Whacko and still get destroyed.
I'm rapidly losing interest in HS football, which is a shame because I was a huge support of it and going to the Dawgs' games.

fchafey
September 15th, 2017, 1:33 PM
I only followed it peripherally. The girls went to KHS and it was really neat to be here in 1990 when KHS won it all and even when Cove was wining, real nice for the area. I kind of gave up when "coin toss" rules and teams with 2 wins going to district, I mean WTF, that's nuts. I guess for people that went to KHS or Ellison and live here it is a different story. I am happy for UMHB right now, again, great for the area and for those that went to the school, it has got to be real nice, I can appreciate that.

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2017, 1:51 PM
There you go - UMHB and college ball. The only NFL games I bother with anymore are the Cowboys, although did tune in for a few minutes last night to watch the Texans-Bengals (boring game).
Ever since the district was realigned back around 2010 this district has not competed well. Before we were in Region II. In Region I now and most of our district's teams are one and done in the
playoffs.
Realignment back in 1998 also cost the district. Back then the Lady Dawgs were THE TEAM in Texas girls' HS basketball. During realignment the UIL had a member that insisted our district (can't remember if we
were 13-5A or 14-5A at the time) be changed from Region II to Region I. The reason? This UIL member's wife was the girls' head coach at Georgetown and Cove had been knocking them out of the playoffs.

fchafey
September 15th, 2017, 2:00 PM
Wasn't there some kind of "Welch" experiment with student numbers that moved Cove from one district to another? I remember trying to follow that from the Coveites in the big group I used to play golf with. They would talk about that all the time when it was going on. It had to do with the "unannounced" 1030am student count by UIL....

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2017, 2:17 PM
Not that I am aware. For years Cove was one of the smallest schools in 5-A, only a few over the cut off for 4-A.
None of the schools now in our district in 6-A are very large compared to Plano, Allen, etc.

stevendub
September 15th, 2017, 8:34 PM
Belton & Stony Point tied at 14 halftime
Cove up 21-9 halftime
Midway-Temple tied at 14 halftime
Waco-Heights tied at 21 3 minutes until halftime
Ellison trails 16-10 to Montgomery about 3 minutes until halftime

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2017, 9:46 PM
Final scores?

stevendub
September 15th, 2017, 9:54 PM
Belton has won 24-21 for their 1st win, Cove wins 42-23 over El Paso Franklin. Those are the only ones for now

stevendub
September 15th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Belton has won 24-21 for their 1st win, Cove wins 42-23 over El Paso Franklin. Those are the only ones for now

Montgomery 29 Ellison 25 F

stevendub
September 15th, 2017, 10:18 PM
I will say this for the schools in some defense of this district; they are playing some pretty doggone good teams in non district.

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2017, 10:32 PM
That's what pre-district is for. It's not where you are after 4 games but where you are after 10.

sickofpc
September 16th, 2017, 1:50 PM
Chafey, I agree with you about it being good back in 1990, before the high schools split. ...KHS and Ellison were both always very good and competitive, and the stands were almost always packed. There was always high expectations from both schools and the rivalry between KHS and Ellison was meaningful.
Everything is different now. The KISD teams are not near as good as they used to be. "Crowds" at the games are absolutely pathetic now. There are never any big crowds unless some special event is happening, even then the stands are not packed like they used to be. I hate to see how empty the stands are at most of the games. What a shame.
Two more comments....the scoreboard is nice, of course, but I think it was much more expensive than it had to be, imo. To me, it is not even placed correctly, but again, that is jmo. For all of you guys that are against athletics, particularly football, I am not. I am very much for a good athletic program. I just think good sense has to prevail....But, you have to remember, a lot of what athletics, especially football, is about is prestige...like it or not. Everyone wants to be part of a winner and looked up to and admired...individuals and communities. That is why the moneys are spent.That is why high school coaches get fired like they do. Prestige and image are both what much of the feeling about athletics is about. Everyone wants a winner.
Finally, I think about teams like Ellison. They are out early early every morning working out (as many of the schools do)..spending that time and effort to be winners, and part of me feels for them. They play hard and they try to do the right things, but I just don't think they have the horses to be really, really good. I do hope they do well, tho. You don't always have to win a game to be a winner, again, imo.

mac
September 16th, 2017, 1:57 PM
For all of you guys that are against athletics, particularly football, I am not.

sheesh.....there's absolutely no one on here, PC, who is "against athletics, particularly football"......no one..........oh btw, I'd like to take one of my grandsons skeet shooting this afternoon......would you mind paying for it?......it'll be great for his prestige and image....mac

sickofpc
September 16th, 2017, 2:20 PM
You need to go back and read some prior posts, mac, and...if you can't afford to take your grandson skeet shooting this afternoon, just let me know, and I'll help you out...or ...you could stay home with him... and watch football on the television.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2017, 2:48 PM
Chafey, I agree with you about it being good back in 1990, before the high schools split. ...KHS and Ellison were both always very good and competitive, and the stands were almost always packed. There was always high expectations from both schools and the rivalry between KHS and Ellison was meaningful.
Everything is different now. The KISD teams are not near as good as they used to be. "Crowds" at the games are absolutely pathetic now. There are never any big crowds unless some special event is happening, even then the stands are not packed like they used to be. I hate to see how empty the stands are at most of the games. What a shame.
Two more comments....the scoreboard is nice, of course, but I think it was much more expensive than it had to be, imo. To me, it is not even placed correctly, but again, that is jmo. For all of you guys that are against athletics, particularly football, I am not. I am very much for a good athletic program. I just think good sense has to prevail....But, you have to remember, a lot of what athletics, especially football, is about is prestige...like it or not. Everyone wants to be part of a winner and looked up to and admired...individuals and communities. That is why the moneys are spent.That is why high school coaches get fired like they do. Prestige and image are both what much of the feeling about athletics is about. Everyone wants a winner.
Finally, I think about teams like Ellison. They are out early early every morning working out (as many of the schools do)..spending that time and effort to be winners, and part of me feels for them. They play hard and they try to do the right things, but I just don't think they have the horses to be really, really good. I do hope they do well, tho. You don't always have to win a game to be a winner, again, imo.

Interesting point about the small crowds, but KISD's wanting another stadium is absolutely idiotic.

mac
September 16th, 2017, 3:29 PM
You need to go back and read some prior posts, mac, and...if you can't afford to take your grandson skeet shooting this afternoon, just let me know, and I'll help you out...or ...you could stay home with him... and watch football on the television.

we don't allow him to watch TV in the day time or study time. he gets to watch it 1 hour after supper and that's it.......