PDA

View Full Version : We will soon be able to carry knives

Mestral
May 9th, 2017, 4:45 AM
The snowflakes are going to rage over this!

http://www.newswest9.com/story/35374833/after-campus-stabbings-texas-house-eases-knife-restrictions

the state House has voted to allow carrying large knives in many areas of the state.

Bill sponsor John Frullo, a Lubbock Republican, says knives with blades longer than five-and-a-half inches would still be banned from college campuses and public schools, and prohibited in most bars, sporting events, courthouses and voting areas.

But Frullo says carrying such a knife on the street would be legal. Texas legalized switchblades in 2013.

The House had delayed the knife vote for several days after the campus stabbings. A final vote would send it to the Senate for consideration.

Government infringement of our right to carry knives varies,
but in some places the tide is being turned.
https://www.ammoland.com/tags/knife-rights/

We really need to repeal more of these unconstitutional laws and regulations while we have the adults in charge.

sojourner truth
May 9th, 2017, 6:23 AM
I heard a nasty rumor yesterday that there are establishments in Killeen that issue dangerous knives to people for money when they come inside... Places like Longhorn Steak house, Outback, and Cracker Barrel.

Oh the humanity.....

gnatsum
May 9th, 2017, 12:00 PM
There was supposedly, a BBQ joint somewhere south of Austin (Lockhart? Elgin? some wide spot in the road?) that chained their eating utensils to the walls of the restaurant. Don't recall the name of this place either.

fchafey
May 9th, 2017, 12:50 PM
There was supposedly, a BBQ joint somewhere south of Austin (Lockhart? Elgin? some wide spot in the road?) that chained their eating utensils to the walls of the restaurant. Don't recall the name of this place either.

I read that in an article that talked about BBQ joints in and around Lockhart. The place you are thinking of is Smitty's and the link is below.

http://gadling.com/2008/03/14/lockhart-texas-home-of-barbecue/

sojourner truth
May 9th, 2017, 1:01 PM
Well, every time I go into Texas roadhouse, they try to get me to sit in the Willie Nelson section so people can come and tell me how much I look like him... What a pain.

My wife gets a kick out of seeing all the teenage hotties in skimpy outfits serving the tables, and the old farts dropping utensils so they can get a better look...

kantwin
May 9th, 2017, 4:31 PM
My wife gets a kick out of seeing all the teenage hotties in skimpy outfits serving the tables, and the old farts dropping utensils so they can get a better look...
So your wife gets a kick out of you dropping utensils, eh?

sojourner truth
May 9th, 2017, 5:16 PM
Naaah. She knows me better than that. Besides, she gets a knife too... and she knows how to use it.

gnatsum
May 10th, 2017, 5:30 PM
Knives...
Reminds of a short part in the Cheech & Chong recording "Sister Mary Elephant", where the good Sister commands one of her (subsitute class) students, "Now, young man, give me that knife", followed by the sound effect of a knive slicing through the air over a short distance and sticking into a wall, followed by the Sister saying "Thank you"...:))

CenTexDave
May 10th, 2017, 6:04 PM
Hey Elephant, gotta go to the can, teach!!!!!