PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 Games

stevendub
October 24th, 2016, 10:41 AM
This district race has been wacky with a chance to get even wackier (even a possibility of a 5 way tie at 3-3)

OFF: Harker Heights (6-3, 3-2)

Friday games(10/28):

Shoemaker (0-9, 0-5) @ Waco Midway (6-2, 4-0)

Copperas Cove (4-3, 2-2) @ Killeen (3-5, 2-2)

Ellison (6-2, 2-2) @ Belton (5-3, 2-2)

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Midway. Will be a total wipe out.
No longer going to say flip a coin. I'll go with the Roos.
Belton.

sickofpc
October 24th, 2016, 6:03 PM
Midway, Cove, Belton. How can you bet against your friend Jack, Dave? ;)

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2016, 8:28 PM
Ok, toss a coin!:))

fchafey
October 25th, 2016, 8:04 AM
Midway. Will be a total wipe out.
No longer going to say flip a coin. I'll go with the Roos.
Belton.

I agree, Midway, Killeen and Belton. The Midway School building is some complex. One can tell where the money is moving to in Waco.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2016, 9:35 AM
Money moved from Waco to Hewitt. Hewitt ISD has tons of money. When my daughter was in junior high (7th grade I think) they played
Midway in volleyball there. Went to the game. Was in their junior high which was their old high school - place was HUGE. The new high
school was just a hop down the street and was really HUGE.
Midway HS' rise in sports had a corresponding decline in Waco HS sports. Football coach Johnny Tusa saw this coming and retired. Waco
football hasn't been good since.

RooDawg
October 25th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Money moved from Waco to Hewitt. Hewitt ISD has tons of money. When my daughter was in junior high (7th grade I think) they played
Midway in volleyball there. Went to the game. Was in their junior high which was their old high school - place was HUGE. The new high
school was just a hop down the street and was really HUGE.
Midway HS' rise in sports had a corresponding decline in Waco HS sports. Football coach Johnny Tusa saw this coming and retired. Waco
football hasn't been good since.

Also, Waco high was tagged a low performing school and that allowed many of the Waco athletes to transfer to Midway and be eligible to play. The population of Midway was changed then.

johnwc
October 25th, 2016, 1:08 PM
Midway, Cove, and Belton... Belton and Midway being pretty much over by half time. Cove might be a concern depending on how they can match up with Killeen at the skill positions but they Killeen does not have the ability to pound Cove like Heights did.

Also, most of Waco that can has moved south. Robinson, Lorena, and Hewitt have benefitted. University has as well but they are still a few years out from it being noticeable.

stevendub
October 28th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Belton up 14, Midway rolls to another win & how bout the Killeen Kangaroos ladies and gentlemen. Whoa didn't see none of this coming. Even with a loss to Heights next week they're still in a really good spot to make the playoffs

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Atta boy, Welch!!! :))

gvls78
October 28th, 2016, 11:14 PM
That's my Roos!! Sh**y year but to come through and beat those punk ass Eagles and Bulldogs in back to back weeks make me very happy!! ROO DAWG!!

beaver
October 29th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Today's KDH had write-ups for the Killeen-Cove game and the Florence game as well as the Salado game. Nothing at all written about the Ellison-Belton game or Shoemaker-Midway game. ....... Nice job, "Local" paper!

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2016, 12:06 PM
I know. Really sucks, doesn't it? Their excuse is they don't have enough sports writers to cover football and volleyball. But they seem to have more than enough to sit at the games and send out updates over KDH Press box using Twitter. Killeen should be first for them - hell with Florence and Salado.

johnwc
October 29th, 2016, 10:53 PM
The online edition of the newspaper has the Belton-Ellison write up from the Temple Telegram.

KDH is short handed since Jordan Mason left. They don't seem to have a consistent split of high school coverage like they did when he was here. There is also a tendency to have the Temple sports guys cover the Killeen schools when they play in Belton so you will get a better story about the Tigers than any KISD school when that happens. The love affair with the small local schools is a little annoying, especially when they have their own local paper but if it sells a couple of more papers for scrap booking to Nana and PawPaw , KDH seems to be in on it. JMO, I could be wrong.

siamcat
November 1st, 2016, 4:51 PM
That's my Roos!! Sh**y year but to come through and beat those punk ass Eagles and Bulldogs in back to back weeks make me very happy!! ROO DAWG!!

Yep, we whooped that Dawg. That skeleton puppy with the Dawg shirt was too cute during the pep rally.