PDA

View Full Version : Golf legend Arnold Palmer died

Ludwig
September 25th, 2016, 8:25 PM
From the Houston Chronicle:

According to various news reports, golf legend Arnold Palmer died Sunday in Pittsburgh. He was 87.
May he RIP

kantwin
September 25th, 2016, 9:01 PM
RIP AP

Night Owl
September 25th, 2016, 9:15 PM
An amazing golfer and a great man. RIP Arnold.

ithoughtso
September 26th, 2016, 6:43 AM
What ever happened to athletes have class like this man did? RIP.

sickofpc
September 26th, 2016, 7:36 AM
One of my true heroes.

fchafey
September 26th, 2016, 7:47 AM
He once held the record for circumnavigating the globe in a Lear Jet. He was also the founding partner of the Golf Channel. OH yea, he played a little golf too. RIP, the King.

kantwin
September 26th, 2016, 7:54 AM
Living in the south, sweat tea is a food group. I mix mine with lemonade, also known as an Arnold Palmer. I was not aware of the name for mixing tea and lemonade until a few years ago.

Sped1
September 26th, 2016, 8:04 AM
Living in the south, sweat tea is a food group

I am going to skip this food group :))

ethelm
September 26th, 2016, 9:10 AM
Great guy. Think I'll go have an Arnold Palmer for him

mac
September 26th, 2016, 12:10 PM
What ever happened to athletes have class like this man did? RIP.

is 'golf' and athletic game?....mac

Ludwig
September 26th, 2016, 12:56 PM
is 'golf' and athletic game?....macIf you want to play it well, then you had best be an athlete. Duffers like me, not so much.

mac
September 26th, 2016, 1:00 PM
If you want to play it well, then you had best be an athlete. Duffers like me, not so much.

well, it's a goal of mine to learn something everyday . Guess I met the goal today already....mac

Night Owl
September 26th, 2016, 2:31 PM
Is NASCAR?:)

mac
September 26th, 2016, 3:14 PM
Is NASCAR?:)

beats the hell out of me. I'm not much into athletics.....and my only sports, I guess, I like are shooting, hunting and fishing. I'm don't think I'm into any games at all......well, I like chess, mah jong and, of course backgammon. I enjoy Poker too but didn't have any time to play any ball games when I was growin' up so I don't play any ball at all...kind of enjoy NBA and MLB though.....

back to your question...............i don't know if drivein' like that is athletic or not.....prob'ly so....mac

Ludwig
September 26th, 2016, 5:49 PM
Is NASCAR?:)There is a level of athleticism required of the drivers but for sure the members of the pit crews are athletes.

kantwin
September 26th, 2016, 6:03 PM
Is a participant in a sporting event considered an athlete?

and my only sports, I guess, I like are shooting, hunting and fishing.
Does participating in hunting or fishing make you an athlete?

Is hunting a really a sport? I suppose one could think so, but the opponent sure doesn't know they are playing.

mac
September 26th, 2016, 6:47 PM
Is a participant in a sporting event considered an athlete?

it depends on what you call a sporting event. a ball game is NOT a sporting event. a pheasant hunt is......

a ball player is not a sportsman, he's a ........ball player.....

CenTexDave
October 1st, 2016, 12:25 PM
Never been a huge golf fan, but I remember when Palmer and Jack Nicklaus had those outstanding duels.