PDA

View Full Version : District Opening (Week 5) Games

stevendub
September 18th, 2016, 5:21 PM
Now these things count..here we go!

Friday games(9/23):

Harker Heights(3-1) @ Belton (3-1)

Copperas Cove (2-1) @ Waco Midway (3-1)

Ellison (away) (4-0) vs. Shoemaker (home) (0-4)

sojourner truth
September 18th, 2016, 6:10 PM
And just so everyone knows, the Ellison/Shoe game will be at Buckley, with Eagles fans sitting in the hard seats on the east side of the stadium... Just in case anyone is interested.

Big hometown rivalry here... Hope this year the Shoemaker kids decide to actually exchange handshakes.

CenTexDave
September 18th, 2016, 6:10 PM
Belton
Midway
Ellison

:)

Night Owl
September 18th, 2016, 8:25 PM
Belton
Midway
Ellison

:)
I agree with Dave.

CenTexDave
September 18th, 2016, 8:41 PM
I'll drink to that!!!!!!!! :glug:

sickofpc
September 18th, 2016, 10:36 PM
I'm going to pick Cove over Midway. I think Jack will pull it out !

sickofpc
September 18th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Just kidding, Dave. Just kidding...;)

CenTexDave
September 18th, 2016, 11:09 PM
Still haven't seen any articles on the papers about Cove's butt whipping on Friday.
Really looking forward to reading the spin Jack puts on it. :)

stevendub
September 22nd, 2016, 1:56 PM
Calpreps predicts Belton over Heights 44-24, Midway over Cove 38-21, & Ellison over the Grey Wolves 42-28. I think Heights-Belton could be closer but otherwise probably about right.

Ellison still seems to have those little lapses for a quarter or so, they gotta watch for that because these games count now & so everyone's turning up the intensity

sojourner truth
September 22nd, 2016, 4:41 PM
Calpreps predicts Belton over Heights 44-24, Midway over Cove 38-21, & Ellison over the Grey Wolves 42-28. I think Heights-Belton could be closer but otherwise probably about right.

Ellison still seems to have those little lapses for a quarter or so, they gotta watch for that because these games count now & so everyone's turning up the intensity

Well, they have this alarming tendency to do all their scoring in the first half and then try to cruise to the finish line. Not sure if that is cockiness or the other guys getting the hang of the Eagles offense.

Pretty sure they can pull this one off unless they have become complacent.

stevendub
September 22nd, 2016, 5:50 PM
Well, they have this alarming tendency to do all their scoring in the first half and then try to cruise to the finish line. Not sure if that is cockiness or the other guys getting the hang of the Eagles offense.

Pretty sure they can pull this one off unless they have become complacent.

Yep & they don't pay attention to social media getting caught up in verbal fights with Shoemaker kids (if that's happening) or people gassing them up around school because of their record vs Shoemaker's record. But they haven't beaten Shoemaker since 2010, they should be focused enough

sojourner truth
September 22nd, 2016, 7:36 PM
I sure hope so... and I wish the sportsmanship goes a little better this year...

We don't appreciate the petty BS at a game at all.

But I agree... never underestimate anyone on Friday night. I believe there is a good adage about "on any given Sunday" etc.....

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2016, 7:32 AM
Calpreps gives Cove too much credit. 38-21, Midway? I think it will be more like 49-14 Midway.

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2016, 10:30 PM
I was close. Midway blows out Cove 48-24. Lol

xzochye
September 24th, 2016, 12:29 AM
The SHS/EHS game was great. We lost by a field goal with 2 seconds left on the clock. To many damn false starts and illegal player substitutions. Our kicker also sucks at punting.

What I disliked the most was the kids on both teams that did not place their hand's over their heart's during the Anthem.

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2016, 7:28 AM
I read about that game. Must have been a real good one.
This "protest" crap is getting out of hand. Hope their parents are real proud of the little brats.

Ludwig
September 24th, 2016, 11:34 AM
I have heard it said that according to the statute, placing the hand over the heart is optional. Can anyone show the contrary?

sojourner truth
September 24th, 2016, 12:28 PM
That was one of the ugliest wins I ever saw... I expected better from their offense, but they were trying the same short outs on Shoe that they did last week, and the Wolves had evidently watched the game tapes....

But I will take a win in district any day.

mac
September 24th, 2016, 12:28 PM
I have heard it said that according to the statute, placing the hand over the heart is optional. Can anyone show the contrary?

Does it really matter what the Statute says? I used to have the same heartburn with NASCAR drivers who failed to uncover, or place their hand over their heart etc and would invariably write scathing letters to sponsors and owners of the offending drivers and teams. I know that I don't, but I would like to think that I had a little bit to do with the way the drivers are respecting the National anthem and flag now.....it's improved a hell of a lot in the past 5 years.....

I hope the offending school coaches and principals get flooded with letters of indignation over the way their school was represented during the playing of the national anthem is that's the case...mac

Ludwig
September 24th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Does it really matter what the Statute says? I used to have the same heartburn with NASCAR drivers who failed to uncover, or place their hand over their heart etc and would invariably write scathing letters to sponsors and owners of the offending drivers and teams. I know that I don't, but I would like to think that I had a little bit to do with the way the drivers are respecting the National anthem and flag now.....it's improved a hell of a lot in the past 5 years.....

I hope the offending school coaches and principals get flooded with letters of indignation over the way their school was represented during the playing of the national anthem is that's the case...macIf indeed it's optional, who is anyone to complain. It's kind of like I'm offended when there is more than one National Flag on display at any site, like at every lamp post at the used car lot, or every 15 feet along a city street. Such a display is directly contra the statute but no one seems to GAS.

stevendub
September 24th, 2016, 1:37 PM
If people didn't think that Harker Heights is for real this year they may want to think again after yesterday.

Shoemaker's inching closer to that 1st win, again Ellison had their on-off-on moments but they pulled this one out..I still think they're a playoff team. They gotta realize though that teams don't care about their record. Cove-Shoemsker will be big next week.

CenTexDave
September 25th, 2016, 6:56 AM
The Heights victory did surprise me.
The Cove loss didn't. :)
Of course Welch blamed the loss on that turnover right before the end of the first half. :))

Wolfdawg
September 25th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Heights wonthe Belton Homecomeing, the Belton quarterback is a transfer that live in Heights, and the student elected Homecoming King is a transfer from Heights.

Wolfdawg
September 26th, 2016, 8:58 PM
Heights wonthe Belton Homecomeing, the Belton quarterback is a transfer that live in Heights, and the student elected Homecoming King is a transfer from Heights.

I knows how to spell, but my fingers weren't working so goodly.

Let's try this again so I don't sound like mac :)):
Heights won the Belton Homecoming game, the Belton quarterback is a transfer that lives in Heights, and the student elected as Homecoming King is also a transfer from Heights.