PDA

View Full Version : Gas stoves repair...

circle_c
May 23rd, 2016, 4:01 PM
Anyone know of a plumber or someone who works on gas ranges? Wife concerned about too much orange in the tip of the flame. Don't know if i remember how to clean and adjust burners or not. Getting to old to mess with this stuff....Appreciate it.. :hopmad Can't get Atmos to do anything or even give advice...

mac
May 23rd, 2016, 4:08 PM
Anyone know of a plumber or someone who works on gas ranges? Wife concerned about too much orange in the tip of the flame. Don't know if i remember how to clean and adjust burners or not. Getting to old to mess with this stuff....Appreciate it.. :hopmad Can't get Atmos to do anything or even give advice...

well....she's right to be concerned, that's for sure. You don't want any orange there....just 2 shades of blue. but more than likely all you need to do is clean out the orfice with one of those welding torch tip reamers (costs less than a buck at lowes). If that doesn't do it well then, just call sears and they'll come out and do it.....mac (you don't by any chance live out here at hymesa, do you?.....mac

CenTexDave
May 23rd, 2016, 4:20 PM
Think you are getting too much air, not enough gas. Try - carefully - what Mac suggests. If it doesn't work
then call in an appliance repair person that services gas appliances - stoves, furnaces, etc.

circle_c
May 23rd, 2016, 4:28 PM
well....she's right to be concerned, that's for sure. You don't want any orange there....just 2 shades of blue. but more than likely all you need to do is clean out the orfice with one of those welding torch tip reamers (costs less than a buck at lowes). If that doesn't do it well then, just call sears and they'll come out and do it.....mac (you don't by any chance live out here at hymesa, do you?.....mac

Thanks Mac.. Not too far away from Hymesa. but No.

circle_c
May 23rd, 2016, 4:36 PM
Think you are getting too much air, not enough gas. Try - carefully - what Mac suggests. If it doesn't work
then call in an appliance repair person that services gas appliances - stoves, furnaces, etc.

Hard to find such a critter 'round here. Thought ModernTV might but Nope. I think mac has the best solution. Sears and or my self. Thought maybe to much humidity in the air from the conditioner or something of that nature. Buut I imagine the orfice is cruddy all burners are like that great blue on the bottom half 60% up the flame.. Thanks Y'all appreciate it.

mac
May 23rd, 2016, 4:41 PM
Hard to find such a critter 'round here. Thought ModernTV might but Nope. I think mac has the best solution. Sears and or my self. Thought maybe to much humidity in the air from the conditioner or something of that nature. Buut I imagine the orfice is cruddy all burners are like that great blue on the bottom half 60% up the flame.. Thanks Y'all appreciate it.

if you look on the pipe you'll prob'ly see what kind of looks like a shield screwed to the pipe somewheres 'tween the burners and the source. actually what that is is a cover (and regulator) for how much oxygen is getting to your burner...if you'll unloosen one of the scews you'll see that you can make it cover more or less of the hole it covers. now then, just fire up a burner or 2 and move that little patch around until you get that beautiful 2 tone blue color and you'll be there.....mac

circle_c
May 23rd, 2016, 7:16 PM
if you look on the pipe you'll prob'ly see what kind of looks like a shield screwed to the pipe somewheres 'tween the burners and the source. actually what that is is a cover (and regulator) for how much oxygen is getting to your burner...if you'll unloosen one of the scews you'll see that you can make it cover more or less of the hole it covers. now then, just fire up a burner or 2 and move that little patch around until you get that beautiful 2 tone blue color and you'll be there.....mac

That's what I was trying to remember... thanks again mac... Very helpful. My CRS is waking up now. :)

fchafey
May 24th, 2016, 6:22 AM
If you were to call Sears, they would send a contracted person to come out and fix it. Sears doesnt have employees of thier own to do that. You can go to Lowes or Home Despot and ask them at teh appliance place who they use and they will give you a card as well. Usally you can ask for a card and they can come off the clock and do work for you. Sure it will cost a bit the first time, but afterwards, you now have a repairman. Just my 2C.