PDA

View Full Version : Are there any cool places to live in Killeen?

onetime
May 3rd, 2016, 8:08 PM
My good friend is moving into town and I've tried to link him up with people that can help him out in the area. He's adamant about being in the area when he moves back to, go figure. He's looked at Bella charca and another place called the ridge, I drove out there with him on that one and it was nice. If anyone has any other suggestions that I could pass on to him that'd be great, also thanks again for the learning school info.

sojourner truth
May 3rd, 2016, 8:24 PM
Best place to live in Killeen is called Belton.

Grammar Rules
May 3rd, 2016, 8:35 PM
Good point. Bella Charca is Nolanville, so might as well go a bit farther into Belton.

just2cents
May 3rd, 2016, 11:08 PM
My good friend is moving into town and I've tried to link him up with people that can help him out in the area. He's adamant about being in the area when he moves back to, go figure. He's looked at Bella charca and another place called the ridge, I drove out there with him on that one and it was nice. If anyone has any other suggestions that I could pass on to him that'd be great, also thanks again for the learning school info.

Deerwood estates Killeen

fchafey
May 4th, 2016, 5:53 AM
High Crest of off 439. Deerwood Estates. Bottom of the hill off of Platinum in White Rock.

CenTexDave
May 4th, 2016, 9:24 AM
Go West, young man, go west. Thru Cove and keep going.

cnjbond
May 4th, 2016, 5:27 PM
Bella Charca is nice (but a bit overpriced for what you get in my opinion) and The Springs of Escarpment off of 2410 in Belton is a nice subdivision as well.

Is your friend in the market for custom build or nice track homes?

gnatsum
May 4th, 2016, 5:54 PM
"Cool" places to live in Killeen?
Living in Killeen is supposed to be "cool"? :))

Shotgun Jeremy
May 4th, 2016, 5:56 PM
Skyline Estates/Hill/Valley in Cove is nice.

Night Owl
May 4th, 2016, 6:39 PM
No cool places to live in Killeen unless it's cold out then it's cool all over the endless city.:))

Grammar Rules
May 4th, 2016, 7:07 PM
According to a billboard on I 35, there was a Celebrate Killeen Festival last weekend. Anything cool come out of that?

onetime
May 4th, 2016, 9:59 PM
He wants a custom home, but he is not opposed to buying a foreclosure. He bought a couple where he lived last, but I am sure he is getting out of that.

cnjbond
May 4th, 2016, 10:25 PM
The Central Texas Home-builders Association is putting on their Parade of Homes show May 14/15 & 21/22. This would be a good opportunity to check out the builders that are in the Killeen/Harker Heights/Nolanville area but the Temple Area Builders (TABA) are head and shoulders above the Killeen area builders when it comes to Custom homes...IMHO. So if he's leaning more towards custom, then the Temple/Belton area will probably provide better options for him.

Shotgun Jeremy
May 4th, 2016, 10:51 PM
According to a billboard on I 35, there was a Celebrate Killeen Festival last weekend. Anything cool come out of that?
It was ok. Not a lot of vendors. Tons of food carts. A few shows on the green. It was better back when they let the vendors set up inside.

Sent from Command Central

Imagine
May 5th, 2016, 3:17 AM

Seemed a bit smaller this year than previous years, but then I didn't really stay to see much.

sickofpc
May 5th, 2016, 7:50 AM
It was pretty much the same old same old. We took the kids to the carnival, which of course they enjoyed. I am always amazed at how much money some people spend at a place like that, with no worries...including paying 9 and 10 dollars for a turkey leg. Of course, everyone has their Iphones out....

CenTexDave
May 5th, 2016, 10:59 AM
No cool places to live in Killeen unless it's cold out then it's cool all over the endless city.:))

Wish you would get this correct - Killeen is the City Without Limits, not the endless city!! :)

Night Owl
May 5th, 2016, 1:55 PM
Wish you would get this correct - Killeen is the City Without Limits, not the endless city!! :)
Endless, without limits its all the same when it comes to their codes and wanting to put fingers in your wallet.

fchafey
May 5th, 2016, 2:02 PM
Speaking of codes, the crew that takes care of Stagecoach from East Trimmier to Mounted Lion is a stand up bunch. They keep that place looking spiffy all the time. Certainly a different crew than the one that keeps WS Young from Airfield Plaza to the right hand bend trimmed and policed.

ithoughtso
May 5th, 2016, 6:08 PM
Killeen is about carnies, developers and scammers and their minions. Nice aint here. Even nationally it is known as a scruffy town.

siamcat
May 5th, 2016, 8:15 PM
Killeen is about carnies, developers and scammers and their minions. Nice aint here. Even nationally it is known as a scruffy town.

Funny, I had family visit from up North and they kept commenting how nice everything was. Even driving through downtown before they spiffed it up.

fchafey
May 6th, 2016, 8:34 AM
Spent the last 3 weeks at Leavenworth and there were a lot of people talking about how much nicer Killeen has gotten, and they are hopeful Fayetteville will take the hint around Bragg, same with Elizabethtown, KY around Knox. What is funny to me is, only having lived here for 30 years is seeing how many people are settling down in this scruffy little town.

blueeagle
May 6th, 2016, 9:23 AM
I grew up in East Texas. When my ex was got orders for Fort Hood EVERYONE I talked to told me how horrible Killeen was. I have now lived here for 25 years, I find it is a normal town just like any other normal town, ugly parts, beautiful parts, scary parts, and safe parts. I believe Tyler, which I left, leads Killeen in gunshot wounds. You make a place what it is.

CenTexDave
May 6th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Spent the last 3 weeks at Leavenworth and there were a lot of people talking about how much nicer Killeen has gotten, and they are hopeful Fayetteville will take the hint around Bragg, same with Elizabethtown, KY around Knox. What is funny to me is, only having lived here for 30 years is seeing how many people are settling down in this scruffy little town.

In the stockade?? :)

fchafey
May 6th, 2016, 1:11 PM
In the stockade?? :)

Want to have a laugh? they (the establishment, the man, big government) has decided to align civilian education with that of the military. Since I am a retired SFC, I got credit for the Civilian Basic Course, however I needed to complete the intermediate Course to be totally "qualified" for my grade. Brand new POI, it was three weeks of doctrine, and I will admit I learned a lot, it was worth it, and Kansas barbeque, a Royals game, WWI museum and the Negro Baseball League Hall of Fame, on the government nickel was pretty nice. You cant get near the stockade, it is for some reason a bit secure.

sojourner truth
May 6th, 2016, 3:10 PM
My wife is from Detroit and she thinks it is great here.... Go figure.

CenTexDave
May 7th, 2016, 8:17 AM
From what I have read, there are some areas trying to make a comeback, but the
majority of the city is still a ghetto in ruins.
Really too bad - 50 years ago Detroit was one of the most beautiful cities in the country.
Then cometh the Democratic mayors and................

CenTexDave
May 7th, 2016, 8:18 AM
Want to have a laugh? they (the establishment, the man, big government) has decided to align civilian education with that of the military. Since I am a retired SFC, I got credit for the Civilian Basic Course, however I needed to complete the intermediate Course to be totally "qualified" for my grade. Brand new POI, it was three weeks of doctrine, and I will admit I learned a lot, it was worth it, and Kansas barbeque, a Royals game, WWI museum and the Negro Baseball League Hall of Fame, on the government nickel was pretty nice. You cant get near the stockade, it is for some reason a bit secure.

Too bad. Figured you went there to visit that murdering Hasan.

sojourner truth
May 7th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Yeah... Maybe shake hands with him... Around his throat for a few minutes.

Bring him some Depends.... soaked in Kerosene.