PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: /Furniture mover with experience in German Shranks

mac
February 20th, 2016, 4:10 PM
Anybody out there know of anybody out there who's into moving furniture and able to disassemble and reassemble German Shranks? I pay pretty damned good.....mac

Shotgun Jeremy
February 20th, 2016, 9:34 PM
Man, I don't mind moving stuff, so I looked it up...I'm noping out of this one. Lol

mac
February 20th, 2016, 9:38 PM
Man, I don't mind moving stuff, so I looked it up...I'm noping out of this one. Lol

actually, moving's the least of it....maybe 2 feet.

disassembly on the old carpet and reassembly on the new wood flooring is the job......mac

Shotgun Jeremy
February 20th, 2016, 9:44 PM
I wonder if there's a technique that will allow you to prop it up with wedges. Either way. Its out of my league. The guys in the shop next to me do wood work for the college. I'll ask around on Monday and see if anyone is interested.

Ludwig
February 20th, 2016, 10:16 PM
We have had good results with those Teflon disks that you can place under the shrank and have it glide over the carpet and onto the floor. You only need to lift the shrank about 1/4 in. You should be able to make do with six disks unless it's really long but no more than eight.

Ludwig
February 21st, 2016, 6:27 AM
See: www.amazon.com/Reusable-Furniture-Movers-Carpeted-Surfaces/dp/B000PB4G04/ref=pd_sim_79_2/187-5280070-5841045?ie=UTF8&dpID=41uqAeXozGL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0WTB4YV0TPRH3TSCFBM6

kantwin
February 21st, 2016, 7:31 AM
We have had good results with those Teflon disks that you can place under the shrank and have it glide over the carpet and onto the floor. You only need to lift the shrank about 1/4 in. You should be able to make do with six disks unless it's really long but no more than eight.
I used those disks on a hard drive crusher that weighs 1100 pounds. I can move it now with one hand. They are fantastic.

CenTexDave
February 21st, 2016, 7:57 AM
I understand you, Mac. The shrank I have was shipped back here from Germany. I watched the movers disassemble it, made notes, etc.
When it got here I was totally lost and so were the movers who delivered it and stated they would put it together.
Finally had a friend from Killeen who knew these things help. Took about an hour to reassemble it.