PDA

View Full Version : Head coach leaving the Shoe

cnjbond
February 18th, 2016, 8:56 PM
channon-hall-leaving-shoemaker-for-mansfield-summit (http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/channon-hall-leaving-shoemaker-for-mansfield-summit/article_ce8bd366-d69e-11e5-a90c-87f3516c81ff.html#.VsZx64UjzJU.facebook)

ethelm
February 18th, 2016, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry to see this. I really liked Coach Hall

xzochye
February 19th, 2016, 7:50 AM
This upsets me so much! Not only is he leaving but several other good coaches are leaving. No, I take that back.....several other GREAT coaches are leaving.

CenTexDave
February 19th, 2016, 7:53 AM
He certainly turned that program around.

xzochye
February 19th, 2016, 12:26 PM
He certainly turned that program around.

He did! I also believe that he made a difference in a few kids lives that were certainly heading in the wrong direction. I hope the person that fills his spot can continue on what he started, both on the field and off. One thing is for sure...he has big shoes to fill!

sojourner truth
February 19th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Well... He taught the future NFLers something... Follow the money boys.

February 21st, 2016, 6:46 PM
I wonder if he will take anyone on his current coaching staff with him.

sojourner truth
February 21st, 2016, 9:30 PM
Talked to coach Gray at church this morning and he said there is a former asst. Coach trying for the opening...

He also said that the move is a good one for the current coach as it is near family and friends for him and his wife. Not sure about anyone going with him, but Coach Gray did say that there are a couple of unmarried coaches that may leave too. He said the married guys would probably stay, but that everything is still up in the air.

xzochye
February 22nd, 2016, 7:53 AM
Talked to coach Gray at church this morning and he said there is a former asst. Coach trying for the opening...

He also said that the move is a good one for the current coach as it is near family and friends for him and his wife. Not sure about anyone going with him, but Coach Gray did say that there are a couple of unmarried coaches that may leave too. He said the married guys would probably stay, but that everything is still up in the air.

Coach Hall's family, wife and kids, live in Heights. He has roots here in the area and he was also a coach at Heights before he moved to Connally.

The kids are saying that Coach Woods, Coach Laborte and Coach Z are leaving. My son doesn't think that Coach Z will leave because he would always tell the kids they can't run him off because he was won more ball games than any coach that has been there and that he is there to make a champion team. He does have a kid that is about a year old in Boston though.

Only time will tell....

cwd05
February 22nd, 2016, 9:40 AM
Big loss for Shoemaker but I wish Coach Hall the best... he's a good man who did a lot of good in his 3 years at SHS

CenTexDave
February 22nd, 2016, 9:59 AM
Y'all want Jack Welch? :)

sickofpc
February 22nd, 2016, 11:08 AM
Dave, first of all, Welch would never take a coaching job at KISD, and....secondly, ...you would miss him.;)

xzochye
February 22nd, 2016, 11:44 AM
Big loss for Shoemaker but I wish Coach Hall the best... he's a good man who did a lot of good in his 3 years at SHS

This is his 5th year.

cwd05
February 22nd, 2016, 3:24 PM
This is his 5th year.

Wow... that went fast! :-)

March 6th, 2016, 8:51 AM
I wonder who the candidates will be.

sickofpc
March 6th, 2016, 4:53 PM
There will probably be about 40 to 60 candidates apply.

April 1st, 2016, 2:49 PM
New coach hired....Johnnie Fair...KHS grad

Night Owl
April 1st, 2016, 3:08 PM
Where has been a head coach? What's his qualifications? What's his win/loss record at the 6A level? Hope he's good and doesn't turn a winning program around just cause he can

CenTexDave
April 1st, 2016, 4:36 PM
Sounds like a good man for the job: http://kdhnews.com/news/local/kisd-names-new-shoemaker-football-coach/article_5f73f50a-f83e-11e5-ae10-63cfceed6d98.html

onetime
April 1st, 2016, 5:02 PM
Personal friend of mine, he is a steal for the area.