PDA

View Full Version : my new older boat

pioneer
February 4th, 2016, 7:49 PM
my new older boat

Rick
February 4th, 2016, 8:10 PM
Very nice. Where do you like to fish? The whites are going to start running at Inks pretty soon.

curmudgeon
February 4th, 2016, 8:27 PM
Pretty sharp! With that 225 you'll fly across the lake!

pioneer
February 4th, 2016, 10:00 PM
it will be in Louisiana till the end of march after that I will bring it back here, willing to go anywhere anyone is invited just help me load it at the lake

sickofpc
February 5th, 2016, 9:03 AM
Pioneer, that's a very nice looking boat. ..Just a little story about running that 225. My brother had a 15ft. Skeeter (he worked for Skeeter at the time), and had a 150 Merc on it. It would do about 65 mph. One early morning we went to Lake Palestine, fishing for bass...we left the dock, my brother showered down on it, and we were skipping across the smoothe lake like a rocket....when we got to the "jungle", the woods where we were going to fish,...we got to the boat lane that we were going to go into, my brother let off on the throttle....and........the steering cable broke. My brother and I looked at each other like...:-s:(:doh...we were both thinking...what if that would have happened when we were skipping like a rock across the lake...ummm....Just giving you something to think about, Pioneer...lol.....Seriously, tho, .. hope you enjoy your boat, I used to love to fish the lakes of East Texas...I know you will get lots of enjoyment with it.

sickofpc
February 5th, 2016, 3:02 PM
Pioneer, seriously, if you ever need someone to go fishing with you...help you load and unload your boat...and help you with gas.....let me know. I would love to go,...I haven't been fishing in a while.

ithoughtso
February 6th, 2016, 6:06 AM
Awesome!

fchafey
February 6th, 2016, 8:44 AM
That is a nice rig, congrats. Enjoy. Of course you have heard BOAT stands for Bust Out Another Thousand? I cant have a boat, the wife cant swim and she is afraid I might toss her off the side one day.....:)

Night Owl
February 6th, 2016, 1:02 PM
Reminds me of a free dog. :)) I looked at getting a new boat a couple of years ago. Boat was gonna cost about 25k. Then I looked at what would happen after I got the boat. New truck to pull it since my truck isn't big enough, 30k. Then I have to have a place to store it, another 20k+. So the boat was gonna cost me 75k before I got it off the lot. Didn't buy the boat.:))

CenTexDave
February 6th, 2016, 1:11 PM
Agree, Feathered One. I would only buy one if I had a permanent dock for it at the lake. Hell with towing it, launching it, recovering it and towing it back home.

sickofpc
February 6th, 2016, 1:38 PM
I would love to find a used bass boat, maybe a 14ft...maybe an old skeeter or something like it..stick steering, with an 18 or 25 on it. Small enough to pull easily, get in shallow water with,... be close to the water. Nothing really fancy or expensive... I do miss being out on the lake, very early in the morning, on a beautiful spring or summer day,..the water being like glass, the animals on the shore moving, throwing topwaters early, ....just relaxing and enjoying....hoping to catch a few.

Night Owl
February 6th, 2016, 2:57 PM
I would love to find a used bass boat, maybe a 14ft...maybe an old skeeter or something like it..stick steering, with an 18 or 25 on it. Small enough to pull easily, get in shallow water with,... be close to the water. Nothing really fancy or expensive... I do miss being out on the lake, very early in the morning, on a beautiful spring or summer day,..the water being like glass, the animals on the shore moving, throwing topwaters early, ....just relaxing and enjoying....hoping to catch a few.
You can do that from the bank.:))

sickofpc
February 6th, 2016, 4:11 PM
Not quite the same experience, NO...and you can't move around to different parts of the lake, fish different structure, depths, etc.,...but you know that don't you, NO....

Night Owl
February 6th, 2016, 5:23 PM
Not quite the same experience, NO...and you can't move around to different parts of the lake, fish different structure, depths, etc.,...but you know that don't you, NO....
It's a big, long bank and most fish are caught close to the bank anyway. I'm also almost positive the lake is at different depths along the bank. It starts at less than an inch and gets deeper the farther out you go and there are different structures all along the bank...... But you know that don't you, J2C.... Oh and fishing from the bank is better for the environment if you're into that sort of thing and I think you are.

Now you wanna go back to talking about the boat? I think it's a great boat and that 225 will push it across the water real nice. Bet it will even pull at least 2 skiers behind it. You agree don't you J2C? .........I bet you also agree that it's a lot cheaper fishing from the bank. Don't have to pay for the boat and its upkeep.:))

sickofpc
February 6th, 2016, 5:39 PM
You are sooo FOC, NO..lol....evidently, you must have never been fishing in your entire life, bless your heart....

Night Owl
February 6th, 2016, 9:54 PM
You are sooo FOC, NO..lol....evidently, you must have never been fishing in your entire life, bless your heart....
Evidently, you would be wrong, again.......:))

sickofpc
February 7th, 2016, 9:11 AM
Catching little bitty bream from the bank using a cane pole and worms isn't what I was talking about, NO...;)

CenTexDave
February 7th, 2016, 3:52 PM
Go to the Lampasas River and fish from the bank. You might snag a gator. :)

Night Owl
February 8th, 2016, 12:48 AM
Catching little bitty bream from the bank using a cane pole and worms isn't what I was talking about, NO...;)
Biggest bass I ever caught was from the bank, 6+ lbs. Biggest fresh water fish I ever caught was from the bank, 18+ catfish using a cane pole. Didn't need to spend thousands of dollars for a boat and the black hole it puts in your wallet. Most people with a boat takes it out 2 or 3 times a year. Great investment, right J2C?:doh

sickofpc
February 8th, 2016, 7:10 AM
Well, NO(JCII), don't want to get into a BD contest here, but I caught an 8.5 lb. largemouth on Lake Fork, over 300 bass in two days on Lake Guerro with my brother, a 7 lb. bass on Toledo Bend, 200 whites on Lake Livingston in one day, along with a 6.5 lb. largemouth that morning(was fishing with my uncle who was a guide, as well as being a school supt.), and hundreds and hundreds of trout and reds fishing out of Port Mansfield and Port Isabel... caught hundreds of catfish drift fishing with my grandfather on Cross Lake, using catalpa worms and bloodbait, when I was a kid...... I also caught a 5 lb. bass (on a black chugger) from the bank out of one of the stock ponds in the pasture where we kept our horses when my kids were younger.....I didn't have to spend thousands of dollars for a boat, ..I bought a used boat in very good condition and enjoyed it very, very much. When I decided to sell it, I sold it for more than I bought it for....Where do you get that "most" people take their boats our 2 or 3 times a year???....I guess it's all in what you like to do as a hobby or sport, if you have one, or how you like to spend your recreational time.....I know that I have spent a lot of money on golf...green fees, travel, balls, clubs, gloves, shoes,etc....but, I enjoy golf, very much...as I enjoy fishing.

Night Owl
February 8th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Well, NO(JCII), don't want to get into a BD contest here, but I caught an 8.5 lb. largemouth on Lake Fork, over 300 bass in two days on Lake Guerro with my brother, a 7 lb. bass on Toledo Bend, 200 whites on Lake Livingston in one day, along with a 6.5 lb. largemouth that morning(was fishing with my uncle who was a guide, as well as being a school supt.), and hundreds and hundreds of trout and reds fishing out of Port Mansfield and Port Isabel... caught hundreds of catfish drift fishing with my grandfather on Cross Lake, using catalpa worms and bloodbait, when I was a kid...... I also caught a 5 lb. bass (on a black chugger) from the bank out of one of the stock ponds in the pasture where we kept our horses when my kids were younger.....I didn't have to spend thousands of dollars for a boat, ..I bought a used boat in very good condition and enjoyed it very, very much. When I decided to sell it, I sold it for more than I bought it for....Where do you get that "most" people take their boats our 2 or 3 times a year???....I guess it's all in what you like to do as a hobby or sport, if you have one, or how you like to spend your recreational time.....I know that I have spent a lot of money on golf...green fees, travel, balls, clubs, gloves, shoes,etc....but, I enjoy golf, very much...as I enjoy fishing.
I enjoy fishing just don't enjoy boats all that much and I like golf also.

mac
February 8th, 2016, 11:08 AM

well, it's certainly true that we overgrown boys sure do enjoy and spend a lot on our toys. i've got a fortune invested in my skeet guns, reloading equipment and supplies.....and that doesn't even take into account what i've spent for those damn clay pigeons that you can't even take home and cook!.....mac

mac
February 8th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Biggest bass I ever caught was from the bank, 6+ lbs. Biggest fresh water fish I ever caught was from the bank, 18+ catfish using a cane pole. Didn't need to spend thousands of dollars for a boat and the black hole it puts in your wallet. Most people with a boat takes it out 2 or 3 times a year. Great investment, right J2C?:doh

well, NO, guess I have to hang with 2C on this one. the money i've spent on skeet, hunting, boating and fishing had nothing to do with investment or even needs....mac

Night Owl
February 8th, 2016, 3:02 PM
well, NO, guess I have to hang with 2C on this one. the money i've spent on skeet, hunting, boating and fishing had nothing to do with investment or even needs....mac
To each their own, but I enjoy fishing from the bank.

fchafey
February 8th, 2016, 7:42 PM
To each their own, but I enjoy fishing from the bank.

Fort Hood National or Extraco?