November 8th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Friday games(11/13):

Garland (6-4) @ Midway (7-3), 7 PM

Garland Sachse (7-3) @ Shoemaker (8-2) 7 PM

Copperas Cove (3-7) @ Rockwall (7-3), 7:30 PM

Belton (5-5) @ Garland Rowlett (8-2), 7:30 PM

CenTexDave
November 8th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Midway and Shoemaker have a good chance to advance.
Cove and Belton will embarrass themselves.

JohnKilleen
November 9th, 2015, 8:54 AM
Hope Shoemaker can win this game. Would be a big boost to their program to win a playoff. They didn't back into this year either, their only district loss was to an always good Midway team. Since the game is in Killeen, I do hope their is a good crowd to show support for these guys. If I was in town this weekend, I would go and cheer them on. They are not my Roos, but they are our home town team in the playoffs.

xzochye
November 9th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Hope Shoemaker can win this game. Would be a big boost to their program to win a playoff. They didn't back into this year either, their only district loss was to an always good Midway team. Since the game is in Killeen, I do hope their is a good crowd to show support for these guys. If I was in town this weekend, I would go and cheer them on. They are not my Roos, but they are our home town team in the playoffs.

Getting my tickets today! My son is missing A&M's last home game this weekend so that he can be here for the Wolves!

CenTexDave
November 10th, 2015, 11:13 AM
At least he'll probably see a win. With A&M it's a crap shoot. :)

stevendub
November 11th, 2015, 10:13 AM
FWIW here are the picks for these match-ups by the Harris Poll:
Midway over Garland by 21
Rockwall over Cove by 27
Rowlett over Belton by 11
Sachse vs Shoemaker is a pick-em

CenTexDave
November 11th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Think you give Cove too much credit. :)

xzochye
November 11th, 2015, 11:30 AM
FWIW here are the picks for these match-ups by the Harris Poll:
Midway over Garland by 21
Rockwall over Cove by 27
Rowlett over Belton by 11
Sachse vs Shoemaker is a pick-em

Does pick-em mean it's anybodies game?

CenTexDave
November 11th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Yep. But I'll go with Shoemaker in this one. They are at home. Hope Leo Buckley is packed.

xzochye
November 11th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Yep. But I'll go with Shoemaker in this one. They are at home. Hope Leo Buckley is packed.

Shoe has to potential and I really hope they show up Friday night and they have learned from last year's playoff disaster. They looked like a junior high team playing their first ever game. Sad but true.

CenTexDave
November 12th, 2015, 1:43 PM
I hope they learned from last year's disaster also.
Cove probably hasn't. They were killed by Rockwall last year 70-something. :))

JohnKilleen
November 13th, 2015, 9:52 PM
Congrats to the Shoemaker Greywolves. 10-7 winners. Won their first playoff game ever.

xzochye
November 13th, 2015, 10:44 PM
It was a good, tough, nail biting game! Can't wait till the next game!

stevendub
November 13th, 2015, 11:48 PM
It was a good, tough, nail biting game! Can't wait till the next game!

against North Mesquite High, Saturday 5:30 PM @ AT&T Stadium

Congrats Grey Wolves!!

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2015, 8:13 AM
And once again Cove gets blown out by Rockwall, after actually having the lead and then only down by 3 late in the 3rd quarter.
Then a botched 4 and 1 on their own 28. Brilliant call, Welch. Then next possession a 3 and out and the snap goes over the punter's head
into the end zone for a safety.
Welch is quoted as saying he was worried that his defense couldn't hold them. Hell, Welch, you haven't had a decent defense in
7 or 8 years. Think you might want to replace that idiot of a defensive coordinator?????

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2015, 3:52 PM
Midway also won. Don't know about Belton.

xzochye
November 14th, 2015, 4:24 PM
Midway also won. Don't know about Belton.

Belton lost by 1 point.

Night Owl
November 14th, 2015, 4:25 PM
And once again Cove gets blown out by Rockwall, after actually having the lead and then only down by 3 late in the 3rd quarter.
Then a botched 4 and 1 on their own 28. Brilliant call, Welch. Then next possession a 3 and out and the snap goes over the punter's head
into the end zone for a safety.
Welch is quoted as saying he was worried that his defense couldn't hold them. Hell, Welch, you haven't had a decent defense in
7 or 8 years. Think you might want to replace that idiot of a defensive coordinator?????
Score? Was it by more or less than 70.:))

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2015, 4:36 PM
67-35.
The Dawgs improved - lost by 32.
Last year it was 70-42. So held'em under 70 this time. :))

CenTexDave
November 14th, 2015, 4:38 PM
Heard talk in a store this morning - many Dawg boosters want Welch gone because he doesn't seem
to recognize there are three sides to a team - offense, defense and special teams. Two of those
sides have been sorely lacking the past few years.