September 15th, 2015, 7:01 AM
Cove going 0 - 4.

stevendub
September 15th, 2015, 9:18 AM
Cove going 0 - 4.

Man...you think so?

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2015, 9:46 AM
Yep. Scherz Clemens is a good team. Cove beat them last year, but last year had Manny Harris at QB. This Dawgs' team has shown me absolutely zilch!!

sojourner truth
September 15th, 2015, 8:03 PM
I'm hoping Ellison will go 4-0... But Pflugerville isn't a pushover by any means, that's for sure.

JohnKilleen
September 16th, 2015, 8:42 AM
Temple will destroy Heights. Clemens over Cove. Midway over Duncanville. Manor-Killeen tossup. Belton over Waco. Shoemaker should beat Canyon and Ellison should beat Connally (Connally used to have some good teams but has really hit the skids lately, especially after Pflugerville open Hendrickson HS)

stevendub
September 16th, 2015, 9:43 PM
Temple will destroy Heights. Clemens over Cove. Midway over Duncanville. Manor-Killeen tossup. Belton over Waco. Shoemaker should beat Canyon and Ellison should beat Connally (Connally used to have some good teams but has really hit the skids lately, especially after Pflugerville open Hendrickson HS)

Yeah hard to disagree with these..don't know how good Duncanville is now but Midway seems to able to score yet not really stop other teams right now. So that one's iffy. The rest though, yeah. Just do your best & hang in there, Heights.

stevendub
September 18th, 2015, 9:56 AM
Heights didn't do that bad defensively last night really other than a few big plays. Temple's defense (& pass rush) was relentless though. Really good WR's too

johnwc
September 18th, 2015, 1:19 PM
Defensively Heights held pretty well. It would have been good to see a few flags on Temple's WRs esp. on a few of the full arm extension push offs they seemed to be able to get away with on the far side. They can play but had that been Heights , laundry would have been on the turf. Give credit to their backup Qb who came in and did an excellent job. Temple's defense was at it all night. Heights blockers chased missed assignments on nearly every play which seems to be the trend this year.

stevendub
September 18th, 2015, 6:22 PM
Manor in a close game along the lines of 27-24

Homecoming ceremony is before the game, so I think the Wolves will be more focused on playing. 27-10 Shoemaker

Midway over Duncanville in a shootout 41-38

I'll take Clemens but I wanna say Cove will break through here. But 38-28 Buffaloes.

Belton wins their home opener 31-20

Ellison remains undefeated 34-21.

CenTexDave
September 18th, 2015, 7:50 PM
Cove is up 14-7, 6 minutes left 1st quarter.
Guess they found another team that doesn't play defense. :)

Rick
September 18th, 2015, 11:01 PM
Did I read it right, Cove lost, 67-66?

CenTexDave
September 19th, 2015, 7:39 AM
Yep. In OT.
5 botched PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's obvious they can score. Even in the earlier losses they moved the ball with no problem, but were coughing it up all the time.
It's also obvious they cannot stop anyone from scoring.
I've said it before, and will once again - find a defensive coordinator. This Reb Brock has no idea what he's doing. Welch made him his DC years ago
to keep him here when then then defensive coordinator was hired away to coach one of the Pflugerville schools. Ol' Jack was worried Brock would go
with the previous DC and take his kids - Logan, Tanner and Cooper Brock. Two of them were all-state (Tanner 3 times, Logan once) and all three all-district.

stevendub
September 19th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Shoemaker's defense is just fabulous, their offense & special teams have just got to stop giving teams good field positions with mistakes & not converting 4th downs. Offense did some better things though & more explosive plays yesterday, just gotta be more consistent because they'd do some good things, & then they would switch their approach.

But the score should not have been that close (21-17).

CenTexDave
September 19th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Can Cove hire Shoemaker's DC? :)

stevendub
September 19th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Can Cove hire Shoemaker's DC? :)

LOL well I know they'd love to have him, or maybe any of the other DC's in the district at that. Don't think the Wolves are hanging him out for sale though, so..

xzochye
September 19th, 2015, 2:19 PM
Shoemaker's defense is just fabulous, their offense & special teams have just got to stop giving teams good field positions with mistakes & not converting 4th downs. Offense did some better things though & more explosive plays yesterday, just gotta be more consistent because they'd do some good things, & then they would switch their approach.

But the score should not have been that close (21-17).

SHS had 2 TD's taken from them due to bad calls from the refs and Canyon had one given to them for the same reason. Glad the game ended when it did because it was fixing to get ugly. The tempers were getting high...lol

fchafey
September 23rd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Think the Ref's were checking their 6?