Cedar Ridge @ Shoemaker

Friday games:
Ellison @ McNeil
Round Rock @ Cove
Belton @ Stony Point
5A #8 Timberview @ Midway
Heights @ University
5A #6 Vandegrift @ Killeen

Some good games here..Shoemaker & Ellison should be tested here. Heights should pick up win #1..gonna be a tough one for the Roos & for Cove.

CenTexDave
September 7th, 2015, 8:24 AM
Not gonna be a good year for this district.
Cove will be 0-3 for sure. Round Rock shut them out last year.

stevendub
September 11th, 2015, 9:09 AM
Boy special teams was the difference to me last night with Shoemaker..would've been a different outcome had there not been problems with the snapper-punter exchange. 19-6 last night and 12 of their 19 points came off of good field position because of those issues. But that's what this part of the season is for, and credit to Cedar Ridge, that's why it's good to play teams like they are.

I did really, really like what I saw from the defense, especially considering the circumstances they sometimes were under. Secondary needs some more work, but they made good adjustments in the second half. 2-1 on to NB Canyon.

Wanted to know why #5 Everett didn't play more, he seemed to have some more success running against Cedar Ridge than the other 2.

CenTexDave
September 11th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Shoemaker is still poised to have a good season.
After tonight Cove will be 0-3. Wonder how long until fans turn against Jack Welch. :))

sojourner truth
September 11th, 2015, 1:02 PM
I got a little peeved today reading the KDH as they had articles about every HS team except the Ellison Eagles. It has been that way since day 1 of the season 2. You wouldn't even know they had a team who was 2-0, much less a team at all.

And there are 2 boys that sit in front of me at church who both played for CCHS the last few years that have, for some reason, decided not to play football any more. When I asked them why, it was because they had decided that playing baseball was less... injury prone... than playing football. Sad, but understandable.

CenTexDave
September 11th, 2015, 1:27 PM
Plus baseball doesn't demand round the calendar workouts like Welch does. :)

stevendub
September 11th, 2015, 6:51 PM
Got Ellison, Round Rock, Belton, Timberview, Heights & Vandegrift winning tonight.

CenTexDave
September 11th, 2015, 8:39 PM
Only halftime now. Still a lot of football to go.

birdfriend
September 11th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Ellison Eagles won in overtime tonight 28-21 according to a band mom in attendance. :)

ethelm
September 11th, 2015, 10:52 PM
KHS played a good game with 4th ranked Vadergrift. Lots of improvement!!!

CenTexDave
September 12th, 2015, 5:36 AM
Jack Welch says "lots of improvement". :)):)):))

sojourner truth
September 12th, 2015, 9:56 AM
Meanwhile, The Ellison Eagles win game 3 in a row in a double overtime upset...

I am becoming impressed with the stick to it attitude and temerity of these players. Even when down a touchdown, they never gave up.

Nice job Eagles.

CenTexDave
September 12th, 2015, 10:29 AM
The big question is now......................can Cove win a game? :))

stevendub
September 12th, 2015, 12:19 PM
t's definitely possible that Ellison heads into the Shoemaker game October 1st at 5-0. (Pflugerville Connally & Heights next).

1st 3-0 start since 1998 when they were #1 in the state & had all those fantastic players.

CenTexDave
September 12th, 2015, 12:34 PM
And lost in the first round of the playoffs. :bluerofl

xzochye
September 12th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Cove and Midway are both 0 for 3!

CenTexDave
September 12th, 2015, 5:22 PM
Obviously a rebuild year. They are out of reloading options. :)

JohnKilleen
September 13th, 2015, 1:13 PM
Cove and Midway have played a lot tougher schedule so far. Its good that Ellison is learning to win again, playing teams they should beat and do beat. This may go down to the last game to determine champions and playoff reps. Shoemaker could be a dark horse district champion.