Killeen @ Round Rock
Shoemaker @ Manor
Midway @ Mansfield

CenTexDave
August 31st, 2015, 6:43 AM
Cove will be 0 - 2

stevendub
September 2nd, 2015, 8:41 PM
Ain't too good at scores I don't think, but it gives yall something to talk about if nothing else so lol...

Stony Point 31 Heights 24
Hendrickson 38 Belton 21
Ellison 35 Rudder 20
Lake Travis 45 Cove 24
Round Rock 28 Killeen 20
Shoemaker 27 Manor 24
Midway 34 Mansfield 24

Ludwig
September 2nd, 2015, 9:11 PM
My two local teams won.:)

CenTexDave
September 3rd, 2015, 10:07 AM
Ain't too good at scores I don't think, but it gives yall something to talk about if nothing else so lol...

Stony Point 31 Heights 24
Hendrickson 38 Belton 21
Ellison 35 Rudder 20
Lake Travis 45 Cove 24
Round Rock 28 Killeen 20
Shoemaker 27 Manor 24
Midway 34 Mansfield 24

You give Cove 24? You are extemely generous. If all they could put up against A&M Conso was 14, doubt they can even muster double digits against one of the better teams in the state.

sojourner truth
September 3rd, 2015, 10:51 AM
I'm still trying to figure out who Rudder is. Got tickets to the game Friday night.

Gramps
September 3rd, 2015, 11:06 AM
I'm still trying to figure out who Rudder is. Got tickets to the game Friday night.
It's a District 18-5A High School out of Bryan. Don't know anything else about them.

CenTexDave
September 3rd, 2015, 11:30 AM
New school - only a couple of years old. They built a new high school there. Bryan HS was way overcrowded.

stevendub
September 3rd, 2015, 5:57 PM
If you have DirectTV apparently tonight's game will be on there..channel 674. ROOT Sports

CenTexDave
September 5th, 2015, 7:34 AM
Cove did hit double digits on the scoreboard - a whole 13. Lake Travis-56, Cove-13. Gonna be a long season for Dawg fans. Now they get Round Rock who shut them out last year and beat Killeen last night.
Midway also lost. I imagine there is light at the end of the tunnel for Shoemaker, Killeen, Belton and Ellison.

CenTexDave
September 5th, 2015, 8:31 AM
I'm just wondering when Jack Welch is gonna start putting an emphasis on his lousy defense? Cove is 0-2 for the first time in the Welch era (22 years). The defense has sucked big time the last few years. Sure, they make the playoffs and then embarrass themselves. Rockwall put up 70 on them in last year's first round loss. Used to be Cove had bundles of all-staters and all-conference players on defense. Could fill a college division 1 lineup with those guys.
I see Cove missing the playoffs this year, and a 4-6 record or worse is a real possibility.
Only a matter of time before Welch's status as a "god" will end. In the business of football, whether high school, college or the NFL, it's what have you done for me lately, not 5 years ago.

stevendub
September 5th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Ellison's QB is an outstanding athlete and he's improved throwing the ball as well. Their O-Line's gotta help in the run game though. The Eagles came out firing in that 1st quarter but then bottomed out until the 4th quarter with penalties & mistakes before getting it together. So clearly things they have to work on, but they're better this year than they were last year. Defense was really good yesterday. Deep at the WR position.

CenTexDave
September 5th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Cove actually had the lead last night. First play a 75 yard TD pass.
It was all downhill after that. :)

sojourner truth
September 5th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Ellison's QB is an outstanding athlete and he's improved throwing the ball as well. Their O-Line's gotta help in the run game though. The Eagles came out firing in that 1st quarter but then bottomed out until the 4th quarter with penalties & mistakes before getting it together. So clearly things they have to work on, but they're better this year than they were last year. Defense was really good yesterday. Deep at the WR position.

Agreed... And what they really need is to get some practice between their center and the QB... Never saw so many messud up snaps in my life.

But, they did manage their 2nd win in as many weeks. Of course, no conference games with the big boys yet. Still, they won their first season opener since 2009. Not sure when the last time they won their first 2 in a row of the season. Maybe back when my wifes seat cushion was bought... 2002. AT least, that's what it says on the cushion.

JohnKilleen
September 5th, 2015, 11:49 AM
The district appears to be rather weak this year. It may be Belton's year to shine.

CenTexDave
September 5th, 2015, 1:17 PM
Belton hired Bob Shipley for one reason - to win the district and make Belton football a power. He's getting there.

cuatro
September 10th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Agreed... And what they really need is to get some practice between their center and the QB... Never saw so many messud up snaps in my life.

But, they did manage their 2nd win in as many weeks. Of course, no conference games with the big boys yet. Still, they won their first season opener since 2009. Not sure when the last time they won their first 2 in a row of the season. Maybe back when my wifes seat cushion was bought... 2002. AT least, that's what it says on the cushion.

Sojourner...the center was the back up center. The starter got hurt. That's why it looked so crappy. (I asked my kiddo from Ellison and she is friends with them) :)