PDA

View Full Version : Texas Weight Loss Center

Rick
June 4th, 2009, 9:03 PM
Hey keep us posted on how it is going I have thought about trying them.
After week one:

I have lost 9 pounds, one belt hole and a pant size.

I am starting to get the energy "boost" they said I would have.

I feel better than I have in a long time and best of all, I am feeling better about myself.

Still cautiously optimistic.

Call (254) 690-6300 for information.

MyFoot76541
June 4th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Rick, thanks for the feedback!

Do the Vitamin B12 shots actually make a difference?
What if you don't need appetite suppressants, 'cause you have no real appetite?

Can you get them to chat here on the forum??? :)

:thumbsup

FieryPrincess
June 6th, 2009, 8:03 AM
Do they branches elsewhere or is this just a local outfit?

Rick
June 6th, 2009, 8:29 AM
Rick, thanks for the feedback!

Do the Vitamin B12 shots actually make a difference?
What if you don't need appetite suppressants, 'cause you have no real appetite?

Can you get them to chat here on the forum??? :)

:thumbsup

I sent them an email letting them know that there are questions. You can call them for information as well.

Do they branches elsewhere or is this just a local outfit?
They also have a clinic in Houston.

xzochye
June 10th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Rick,

What exactly does their program consist of? I know they give you shots. What is their diet menu?

MyFoot76541
June 10th, 2009, 7:10 PM
Since I did not feel like listening to a possible sales pitch when I call them (and I hate being on the phone), I did some research online. Apparently, in weight loss, if vitamin B12 shots are given in a clinic environment, it is either the 500 calorie HCG diet (female pregnancy hormone) or a combination of phentermine as appetite suppressant and B12 boosters. Looking at their website, since they mention appetite suppressant, I would assume they do the latter.

Either way or - While briefly considering it, I still prefer to do it the natural way ... it's slower, but I really learn to live with it on a daily basis for long term success. Yes, I'd love to lose 9 lbs in a week, but I would not learn anything from it. That's just me - I always chose the more natural way if at all possible.

Rick
June 10th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I did not get a sales pitch the first time I went in to get information. I suspect that is because they are very busy and don't have time. They gave me a few sheets of paper with their information (they did not know that I was from Centextalk and had just started to run their ad).

It is NOT the 500 calorie diet. I would not inject myself to fool my body into thinking I was pregnant??? I don't get that. Besides, 500 calories, really?

It is the phentermine, B12, and if you choose, Lipoden injections and a high protein, low carb diet. Atkins or South Beach. I have an appointment tomorrow, but according to my scale, I have lost 13 pounds in two weeks. I feel stronger, have more energy, and I am learning a lot about what to eat and what not to eat to keep this going when I am done with the injections in two months.

It may not be for everyone, but it is worth checking out.

xzochye
June 10th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I did not get a sales pitch the first time I went in to get information. I suspect that is because they are very busy and don't have time. They gave me a few sheets of paper with their information (they did not know that I was from Centextalk and had just started to run their ad).

It is NOT the 500 calorie diet. I would not inject myself to fool my body into thinking I was pregnant??? I don't get that. Besides, 500 calories, really?

It is the phentermine, B12, and if you choose, Lipoden injections and a high protein, low carb diet. Atkins or South Beach. I have an appointment tomorrow, but according to my scale, I have lost 13 pounds in two weeks. I feel stronger, have more energy, and I am learning a lot about what to eat and what not to eat to keep this going when I am done with the injections in two months.

It may not be for everyone, but it is worth checking out.

Do you find the diet very restrictive? Just asking cause I have considered this program before.

Rick
June 11th, 2009, 3:59 AM
No, the only things I shouldn't eat that I really like are potatoes, rice, and bread. But I figure, once I get to where I want to be, a little won't kill me. Besides, the go ahead on bacon and eggs make up for it...LOL

I probably could have lost more had I gone to the gym to work out more. But a crazy schedule, a new (hopefully) minor injury, (something that always happens when I try to get more active) and a recurring calf injury kept me from doing more than I should have...excuses, I know...:))

TexMexYum
June 11th, 2009, 4:24 PM
No, the only things I shouldn't eat that I really like are potatoes, rice, and bread. But I figure, once I get to where I want to be, a little won't kill me. Besides, the go ahead on bacon and eggs make up for it...LOL

I probably could have lost more had I gone to the gym to work out more. But a crazy schedule, a new (hopefully) minor injury, (something that always happens when I try to get more active) and a recurring calf injury kept me from doing more than I should have...excuses, I know...:))

I think I have almost been talked into this........especially since you are having a possitive experience. Several years ago I did the low-carb thing and lost quite a bit of weight.

Rick
June 11th, 2009, 4:58 PM
If you do, please let them know that you saw it here. I get nothing for referrals, but if they keep advertising, that's a good thing. I have set up an account for them to use to answer questions, but between running a clinic here, and one in Houston, I am sure they are very busy.

Today's appointment results according to their scale,

Lost 12 pounds

BMI went from 37% to 34% in just two weeks.

If you go, be sure to make an appointment. Those with appointments go to the front of the line. I did today an went ahead of about five people who were walk-ins.

siamcat
June 12th, 2009, 7:32 PM
I could never go on a low carb diet, love my bread and potatoes.

MyFoot76541
June 12th, 2009, 9:08 PM
Does the phentermine make you jittery or change the way you feel, like moody, edgy, or anything?

I am looking for assistance with weight loss. Although I have initially lost 20 lbs on my own - I can't seem to get over that next hump... and I still have a lot more to go... But I am kind of leery of these diet meds...

And I agree, the 500 calorie HCG diet is crazy! A lady I know is doing that, and she is losing weight like mad, but she gets her injections from Asia. Who knows what pregnancy hormones they send her!

Rick
June 13th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I could never go on a low carb diet, love my bread and potatoes.
You know what? I dreaded the thought of that too. But I have found that after a meal with meat, vegetables, and no potatoes, I am satisfied, but not feeling as if I am weighed down by the potato I used to eat.

It is a good feeling.

As for bread, a slice of bread has 11 grams of carbs. So I don't think that an occasional piece will hurt you. They tell you to stay below 45 grams per day. I am sure that I am below 25.

Does the phentermine make you jittery or change the way you feel, like moody, edgy, or anything?
Ya, the first time I took it was too late and I didn't sleep very well. You have to adjust the time you take it, but it really does help suppress the appetite.

kryptickancer
June 13th, 2009, 2:25 AM
Hey Rick, I just wanted to let you know not to go too low on carb intake. It can be detrimental to you health. If you feel find at 25 carbs thats great, but carbs is the energy for your body and I dont want you to run yourself ragged and not know it because of the pills that can cause insomnia and jitteriness.

Just got a tad concerned when you said your carb intake is below 25.

The only professional experience I have about carbs is being diabetic and my mother was an ATKINS lover. I hope you don't think Im over stepping my boundaries :P

FieryPrincess
June 13th, 2009, 6:58 AM
The deal behind the pregnancy hormone is that it triggers the body that it is "OK" for it to release its precious fat stores for consumption to save the "baby" in time of "famine".

If there isn't some training on a permenant new eating style and easing them back into a regular calorie lifestyle, that poor person will just put the weight back on as soon as the injections stop and they aren't "pregnant" anymore.

Rick
June 13th, 2009, 8:13 AM
Hey Rick, I just wanted to let you know not to go too low on carb intake. It can be detrimental to you health. If you feel find at 25 carbs thats great, but carbs is the energy for your body and I dont want you to run yourself ragged and not know it because of the pills that can cause insomnia and jitteriness.

Just got a tad concerned when you said your carb intake is below 25.

The only professional experience I have about carbs is being diabetic and my mother was an ATKINS lover. I hope you don't think Im over stepping my boundaries :P
Not overstepping at all. I'll research it, thanks.

I still feel better than I have in a long time. As for the insomnia, I can only sleep 4-5 ours on an Ambien CR anyway and that was before the weight loss plan. I take the phentermine at noon. If I take it too early, I am really hungry around bedtime, and that's a no-no...LOL

I only feel jittery if I don't have enough protein during the day.

Thanks again.

Rick
June 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Week three update. 17 pounds gone!!!!

Bought two new shirts yesterday, size large instead of XL. The size 40 pants are now getting loose on me..woohoo!!!

When I think about this, all I have really given up are potatoes and bread and I went to the gym every day this week for a 30 minute cardio vascular workout.

Thanks to whoever went to Texas Weight Loss Center and told them that they heard about them from this site. I received a very nice email from the management and they were excited to know that the advertising worked. I was too. Good luck to you with the program.

xzochye
June 19th, 2009, 1:33 PM
Congratulations Rick. That is awesome news. What do you think is helping you the most? The shots, appetite suppressant, or leaving those 3 things out of your diet?

Rick
June 19th, 2009, 9:51 PM
Thanks, I think/hope that it is the diet and exercise.

And just for the heck of it, I tried on a size 38 jeans tonight....they fit!!!!!!!! :)

xzochye
June 19th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks, I think/hope that it is the diet and exercise.

And just for the heck of it, I tried on a size 38 jeans tonight....they fit!!!!!!!! :)

That's great. I am really considering going there but if I do I will only be able to afford it once or twice. So I am wondering if it will be worth it...lol

Rick
June 19th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Ya, that is what I am worrying about. If I stop the B-12 and lipoden, will I gain it back even if I continue the diet and exercise. I will ask that question when I go in this week. I only want to do the plan once.

I am hoping that the two month program teaches and proves that it can be done and that I learn enough to maintain. I do know that I DO NOT want to look the way I was looking before I started. I look at it like a second chance.

That's motivation to keep going. Especially when pretty women notice the change....Three did today...;) :))

Night Owl
June 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Yea, but your wife and two daughters don't count!!!!:):)

Rick
June 20th, 2009, 5:12 AM
Haha, I only have one daughter and she wouldn't compliment me unless she wants something. (adult children...worse than teenagers sometimes. But that's another topic!! :banghead)

By the way, wife counts the most!!

Scarlett
June 21st, 2009, 3:14 PM
I believe the wife was one of them, I was another, and I don't have a clue who the third was...haha.
But yes, one can look at Rick and IMMEDIATELY see the difference. Keep it up!:thumbsup

Rick
June 21st, 2009, 3:45 PM
I believe the wife was one of them, I was another, and I don't have a clue who the third was...haha.
I ain't tellin' (someone at work is very supportive and helpful...oh now you know who it is...lol) and yep, you were one of them.

But yes, one can look at Rick and IMMEDIATELY see the difference. Keep it up!:thumbsup
Thank you, I plan to.

Rick
June 23rd, 2009, 7:17 PM
It's been almost four weeks and I went in for the injections and blood pressure checks and I have lost 19 pounds. Blood pressure when I started was in the high 120's, today, it was 104/72. I have never had high blood pressure, but it is nice that the weight loss and exercise is really making a difference. AND I FEEL GREAT!!!!

They said that it is up to me if I continue to lose or maintain after the program. They do offer renewals. I will probably give it a try to see if I can do it on my own with the great support I have around me, and the motivation to NEVER look like that again...LOL

richard dick young
June 24th, 2009, 10:28 AM
good job rick
the low carb is the trick
be careful after you stop. nearly 100% of phentramine clients regain all the weight within 12 months according to statistics.
you must make lifestyle changes.

the hcg is NOT approved for weight loss. it has some concerns for me. thickening of the uterine walls and problems with fibroids. prostate issues in men and man boobs possible.

weight loss at what health expense... if anyone could stay on a 500 cal NO CARB NO FAT diet longterm they could loose the same without the shots.

but as you know they cant.

keep up the good work ..... i guess you will soon be offically HOT!!!!

Rick
June 24th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks Dick.

That hcg just sounds scary.

circle_c
June 24th, 2009, 10:44 AM
good job rick
the low carb is the trick
be careful after you stop. nearly 100% of phentramine clients regain all the weight within 12 months according to statistics.
you must make lifestyle changes.

the hcg is NOT approved for weight loss. it has some concerns for me. thickening of the uterine walls and problems with fibroids. prostate issues in men and man boobs possible.

weight loss at what health expense... if anyone could stay on a 500 cal NO CARB NO FAT diet longterm they could loose the same without the shots.

but as you know they cant.

keep up the good work ..... i guess you will soon be offically HOT!!!!
Dick just to let you know, you have been working with my daughter-in-law for a year or so now and she has been doing just greaat. lost about 60 or so lbs so far with no problems following you advice. Shes looking super and back to close what she should be with in around 5 to 10 lbs . costly on clothes tho.. Haha But she looks great again.. Thought you may like to hear about it. (on the forum). Jim

CenTexDave
June 24th, 2009, 1:24 PM
I'm sure Rick is really worried about thickening of the uterine walls! :))

stormy
June 25th, 2009, 1:34 PM
I have seen our Rick when he started the program, and saw him just the other day. He looks great! Good job Rick!

Rick
June 25th, 2009, 2:24 PM
Thank you Miss Stormy! That's so nice of you to say.

Courageous
June 25th, 2009, 5:11 PM
I love listening to KVET and all they talk about is calotren...has anyone tried it? Just curious! I did Texas Weight Loss but when they gave me the needles/syringes to give myself the injections I thought I was really not in a safe environment for me...I'm just not comfortable giving myself shots. Plus the pills made me really anxious. I'm glad it's working for you, though...

MyFoot76541
June 25th, 2009, 8:50 PM
I love listening to KVET and all they talk about is calotren...has anyone tried it? Just curious! I did Texas Weight Loss but when they gave me the needles/syringes to give myself the injections I thought I was really not in a safe environment for me...I'm just not comfortable giving myself shots. Plus the pills made me really anxious. I'm glad it's working for you, though...

Here is a decent review of calotren: Waste of money in short: http://www.dietspotlight.com/calotren-review/
Never MIND!! it is a cleverly designed advertisement site for another weight loss product. Very well done! ...

Rick
June 25th, 2009, 9:16 PM
I did Texas Weight Loss but when they gave me the needles/syringes to give myself the injections I thought I was really not in a safe environment for me...I'm just not comfortable giving myself shots. Plus the pills made me really anxious. I'm glad it's working for you, though...
I wonder if it was the same stuff. B-12 and lipoden. The first time I went in, they almost couldn't start me on the program because my blood pressure was too high, but after a few minutes, it went back to normal. They test it every time before giving the shots.

madasheck
June 27th, 2009, 5:37 PM
What are the ball park costs of a 2 month program.:unsure:

Rick
June 27th, 2009, 7:36 PM
$120

Here's (http://www.txweightlosscenter.com/weightmanagement.html) what you get for that. You can also choose the lipoden injections and they are $30, of if you buy three, they cost $20 each.

madasheck
June 30th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I found an ad in todays KDH for the TWLC that says the entire 2 month program is $160 and expires July 31.

xzochye
June 30th, 2009, 5:31 PM
So what is the difference between the link Rick provided us with and the ad in the paper? Also, how much is the perscription?

madasheck
June 30th, 2009, 5:43 PM
For the $160 you get.......all the injections, lab tests, diuretics (at doctor's discreation), diet menu and consultation.

Rick
June 30th, 2009, 5:43 PM
So what is the difference between the link Rick provided us with and the ad in the paper? Also, how much is the perscription?

The prescription costs $26.00 from the pharmacy.

richard dick young
July 1st, 2009, 10:07 AM
Calotren Review

What You Should Know

The weight loss product Calotren is a protein supplement manufactured and distributed by Top of the World Distributors. Calotren seems to claim to be a metabolic supplement that is suitable for both overweight users and users looking to improve their metabolic health. Interestingly, Calotren seems to come in both liquid and capsule form. A 30-day supply of the supplement retails from the manufacturer for approximately $65.00, making it a moderately expensive regimen to maintain. Instructions for Calotren use indicate that a full course of the supplement is intended to last 90 days, yielding weight loss and a more toned physique.
Both the liquid and capsule forms of Calotren are protein-based formulations. The product contains no ephedra or caffeine, both of which have been found to over-stimulate the metabolism and potentially cause rapid heart-rate and “jitters.” The official product website goes out of its way to point out that Calotren does not “stimulate, starve or trick” your body. While that does sound appealing, the further product claims are a bit ambiguous, implying that Calotren acts as a “support” for the body’s natural fat burning cycle, while also boosting stamina in non-overweight users. This ambiguity, both as to the product’s applications and its active ingredients, strikes us as a bit off. The mysterious Calotren protein also claims to benefit wrinkled skin.

List of Ingredients

The active ingredients of liquid Calotren are: Oxygenated water, Collagen Hydrolysate (Bovine Source), Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Raspberry Flavoring, Methyl Paraben.
The active ingredients in capsule Calotren are: Collagen Hydrolysate (Bovine or Marine Source - your choice), Aloe Vera, Vegetable Glycerin.
Inactive ingredients in both forms of the product: Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid and Microcrystalline Cellulose.

Product Features

Calotren is intended to be taken once per day. Take either a single tablespoon or four pills of Calotren in the evening before going to sleep. For most effective results, do not eat anything three hours prior to taking the product and, if taking the pills, use only a glass of water to wash them down. This is so that your body can begin using the Calotren while you sleep. Top of the World Distributors also claim that taking Calotren in the morning or before exercising will give users increased energy.

Advantages

Full ingredient list for product featured on official website.
Product is available from manufacturer online.
Product does not contain caffeine or ephedrine.

Disadvantages

No free gift or multi-bottle purchase offered on official website.
Product claims are very broad, making it sound like an all-around “miracle” supplement. We’d prefer a product that focuses specifically on weight loss.
No product trials or development info offered on official website.
Reading the ingredient list, we see no proprietary ingredients that separate this product from others.
No free sample.

Conclusion

While we certainly appreciate that Calotren does not contain caffeine or other potentially harmful stimulants, we’re not really impressed by what it does contain. We are also weary of any product that claims to help with weight loss, boost energy and clear up wrinkles, all in one package. We’d love to believe in Calotren, but the official website offers no user testimonials or before-and-after photos. With so many proprietary products on the market for the same price, we’d hold out for something that can offer more sophisticated lab research and an approach that is specifically targeted towards weight loss.

MyFoot76541
July 1st, 2009, 10:00 PM
Well, I made an appointment today for the end of this week, and I was quoted $120. I wonder if the $160 also include the Lipoden shot. I will be happy to give an account of my visit and report on subsequent developments

Rick
July 1st, 2009, 10:54 PM
Good luck!

Courageous
July 2nd, 2009, 7:04 AM
Thank you Dick...I have heard those KVET commercials about a hundred times, but have no idea if the product really works. I guess if it did, there'd be some valid testimonials out there somewhere. I was wondering if radio disc jockeys get paid every time someone buys the product based on the ad. Maybe that's why they air it so much!

Phantomwarrior
July 3rd, 2009, 1:44 PM
After week one:

I have lost 9 pounds, one belt hole and a pant size.

I am starting to get the energy "boost" they said I would have.

I feel better than I have in a long time and best of all, I am feeling better about myself.

Still cautiously optimistic.

Call (254) 690-6300 for information.

What do they charge?

VooDooBaby
July 3rd, 2009, 2:17 PM
How overweight do you have to be to do this program? I'm in my "ideal" weight range according to my Dr's, but I'd like to lose the 12 lbs I've gained from having my son, plus the 10 lbs I've gained from getting married. :tearhair:

Rick
July 3rd, 2009, 4:30 PM
What do they charge?

$120

Here's (http://www.txweightlosscenter.com/weightmanagement.html) what you get for that. You can also choose the lipoden injections and they are $30, of if you buy three, they cost $20 each.

How overweight do you have to be to do this program? I'm in my "ideal" weight range according to my Dr's, but I'd like to lose the 12 lbs I've gained from having my son, plus the 10 lbs I've gained from getting married. :tearhair:
I don't think there is a restriction on that.

Rick
July 3rd, 2009, 4:40 PM
Latest update:
I guess this is five weeks now. The scale seemed to stop at 205 for about a week. Probably normal since I had stepped up the strength exercises in the gym. But it finally started moving and I am at 203. Started at 225. So 22 pounds gone.

The best news is that I saw my endocrinologist this week and since I am feeling better, but he doesn't know if that is due to the weight loss or the medicine, he decided to stop the medication and see it I continue to do feel better. He said I threw a monkey wrench into the plan by losing weight and exercising...lol I told him that was just a problem he was going to have to deal with. :)

MyFoot76541
July 3rd, 2009, 11:19 PM
Okay - I gave CentexTalk big reference points and Dr. Jerry was happy to hear that this new word of mouth advertising seemed to work. :) He said he has had several people come in mentioning the board.

I can clarify on the price difference: If you want 6 B-12 and 4 Lipoden shots, you pay $160. If you only want 4 B-12 shots with the program, you pay $120.

I opted for the higher priced one. And boy, did I feel the difference even without any diet pills. Where I normally come home at night and am about to pass out in the chair, today I went back outside in the heat and monkeyed around in my back yard, played with the hounds, and did some work... It's not like a burst of energy, but you feel like you're supposed to feel, I think.

That alone is worth a whole bunch!

The check up is rather general, so I volunteered a lot of information that concerned me, such as asking about all the interactions of medications etc. But I feel really good about the program and will continue to report bu-weekly progress. For the record, the scale showed 257 today, which includes about 5 lbs worth the clothes :)

More to come...

Rick
July 4th, 2009, 3:25 AM
The $160 is a very good deal.

It took me a few days before I felt the energy. But, we were busy in San Antonio for my son's AF graduation. But when we returned and I weighed myself for the first time and was five pounds lighter, I got a lot of energy.

Again, good luck! I think attitude has a lot to do with it.

Feel free to start your own thread to update if you want.

TracyT
July 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM
How often are your visits? What does the diet that the doctor gives you like?

Rick
July 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM
The injections are every 10-14 days. They recommend Atkins or South Beach. But I am not really doing either. I just stopped eating potatoes, pasta, and bread and added more fresh vegetables. Even eating brocolli. Drawing the line on those nasty tomatoes though. :))

TracyT
July 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Alright, first appointment is tomorrow. How long did your first appointment take?

Rick
July 9th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Alright, first appointment is tomorrow. How long did your first appointment take?
Depending on how busy they are, but not even an hour. Good luck to you.

I went in today and talked to the manager and she was excited because Myfoot used us as the referral. Scarlett and I really like hearing that the ads people place here work. Especially for somethig like this that has the potential to change a person's life in such a positive manner. It has mine so far.

Thanks for letting them know you heard about us here.

There are specials going on now. They are posted on the wall and hopefully, they will send them to me and I will put them up for all to see.

My progress, four more pounds in the last two weeks which is normal, safe weight loss. I still do a lot of upper body weight training. Trying to build up my tore up shoulders and I use the elliptical at the gym. It really gives me a good workout.

Total loss, 24 pounds!

I hope you can get exercise along with all of this. It makes things progress so much faster.

nightshift
July 10th, 2009, 8:24 PM
do they do a health analysis? What about those of us that have blood pressure problems, etc.

Rick
July 10th, 2009, 9:09 PM
I would call them to get that answer.

690-6300

MyFoot76541
July 10th, 2009, 10:47 PM
do they do a health analysis? What about those of us that have blood pressure problems, etc.

Yes. they do a health analysis. They take a blood sample and test your liver, thyroid function, blood sugar and what not... other stuff.

If you have blood pressure issues, you can request a natural appetite suppressant that does not have near the BP raising effect as the other one...

I am very picky about medical issues and all my concerns were answered to my satisfaction. Too bad I have allergies and intolerance that I cannot take any appetite suppressants... :(

So he put me on a shot management plan, where I only go and get the B12 and Lipoden shots bi-weekly. The rest is sheer will power - again.

<sigh>

Rick
July 10th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Are you able to do low carb diet? I am convinced that is what makes the biggest difference to me. Getting rid of that damn food that weighed me down after every meal.

VooDooBaby
July 11th, 2009, 2:03 AM
Rick, hearing about your progress has motivated me to lose the 20 lbs I gained with my son. A few years ago, I was at my heaviest at nearly 180lbs. I was able to get down to about 125lbs with low carb dieting. After getting married, and having a baby, I'm at 150lbs. I figure losing 20lbs will be enough.

I started today, and hopefully I will see some results by next friday. I also have some really good recipes if anyone is interested. I got tired of eating plain chicken and veggies. :)

Rick
July 11th, 2009, 4:35 AM
Rick, hearing about your progress has motivated me to lose the 20 lbs I gained with my son. A few years ago, I was at my heaviest at nearly 180lbs. I was able to get down to about 125lbs with low carb dieting. After getting married, and having a baby, I'm at 150lbs. I figure losing 20lbs will be enough.

I started today, and hopefully I will see some results by next friday.
I am the last person in the world to motivate someone especially about weight loss. Ask anyone who knows me and used to go to lunch with me. (I have a new group of people to lunch with now) :)) So good luck! You already know how so it should be easy for you.

I also have some really good recipes if anyone is interested. I got tired of eating plain chicken and veggies. :)
Good Idea! I added a Recipe section to the Food and Drink section? I even added prefixes so that you can label the recipe. If you can think of other prefixes to add, send me a message.

Rick
July 12th, 2009, 2:55 PM
The scale said...199 this morning. I finally broke through that barrier. -26 since starting the program. -35 from all-time high!!!

Bought new shorts yesterday, size 36.

30th High school reunion this week. Look out!!!

TracyT
July 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I had my first appointment on Friday, those shots were pretty serious, glad I got them in the hip and not the arm. I think the B12 shots and energy boost have helped with the low carb diet. I tried low carb dieting and few years ago and couldn't make it past day two. I had no energy, and headache and was really cranky. Today I am on day three of low carb and feeling great!

Rick
July 14th, 2009, 7:18 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling great.

Rotti_mama
July 15th, 2009, 2:39 PM
Making an appointment tomorrow for next week.
So, the shots are painfull? :-((
What are you guys eating all day long??
I don't care for Rice and Pasta, but i love my backed Potato with salsa. And Bagels.
I guess they out of the picture, right??????????
Low carbs all the way.

richard dick young
July 15th, 2009, 3:21 PM
you really dont need the b-12 shots ( i know its part of their program) you can buy total b sublingual and get the same exact dosage in drops under your tongue.
one dropper a couple time a day and presto.

i have some knowledge of which i speak

Rick
July 15th, 2009, 4:05 PM
Making an appointment tomorrow for next week.
So, the shots are painfull? :-((
What are you guys eating all day long??
I don't care for Rice and Pasta, but i love my backed Potato with salsa. And Bagels.
I guess they out of the picture, right??????????
Low carbs all the way.
They tell you to try to stay under 35 grams of carbohydrates per day. I like cucumbers, and radishes and could eat them all day. Cheeses are good. Bacon and eggs. Lean meats are fine. Nuts are fine too. Just read the labels and look for low carb stuff. It's really easy and if I can do it, anyone can.

You get a lot of information from Atkins Website (http://www.atkins.com/Homepage.aspx).

Rick: Congrats on the weight loss. Are you going back to Conneaut for your 30th high school reunion?
Thanks!

I graduated from Geneva so that is where the activities are. Fly tomorrow, got a good deal on priceline for a room at the Airport Marriott in Cleveland.

Should be fun!

Gonna have to blow the diet a little and get a slice of that great pizza from Capo's and a donut from Madsens. But I haven't had them in 20 years, so I think I can handle it.

I made sure I got a hotel with a fitness center, so all will be well.

MyFoot76541
July 18th, 2009, 5:37 PM
you really dont need the b-12 shots ( i know its part of their program) you can buy total b sublingual and get the same exact dosage in drops under your tongue.
one dropper a couple time a day and presto.

i have some knowledge of which i speak

What is the deal with the sublingual b-12? What is the cost comparison? I know that on days when I receive my B12 and Lipoden shot I have enough energy to literally run around all day long, cook dinner, clean house and do a bit of work. On a normal day, I would zonk out around 6 p.m. without having had any exercise at all.

Went today to get my shots, weighed in, and lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks without trying very hard. I just keep my calories down to 1200 or so, which is real easy on all the seafood, veggies and fruit I eat.

richard dick young
July 18th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Sublingual b12 from total b is readily absorbed under your tongue
And one dropper 3x a day is the same amount of b12 in the shot.
Dont know what their fee is but you can go to vitacost.com and get a full month or more for 7.67 reg 11.95

My weightloss clients use it with success and it will be part of
New sublingual program we start august 1.

This is a blog about texas weight loss so i wont go into that.
We are friendly competitor and they run a good program for weightloss.
total b vitacost.com i think.

MyFoot76541
July 18th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Thank you!

It is counterproductive for those who run weightloss centers of one or the other kind, but I just need the tools - I don't need the pressure of having to weigh in in order to be encouraged to lose weight. I just need the tools...

And I believe you have just given me the other tool I need... the energy to do things, so the chair and laptop are not more attractive than a game of Wii, or mowing the lawn. :)

Scarlett
July 19th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Had a friend of mime sign up yesterday! Maybe she will let us know how she is doing too!

Godzilla
July 19th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I signed up on Friday. I had forgotten about TWLC until I read the posts here. I am so psyched about loosing the weight again. It is all about personal change an motivation now. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.

William Butler Yeats

Rick
July 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Sublingual b12 from total b is readily absorbed under your tongue
And one dropper 3x a day is the same amount of b12 in the shot.
Dont know what their fee is but you can go to vitacost.com and get a full month or more for 7.67 reg 11.95

My weightloss clients use it with success and it will be part of
New sublingual program we start august 1.

This is a blog about texas weight loss so i wont go into that.
We are friendly competitor and they run a good program for weightloss.
total b vitacost.com i think.

You can talk about your program, Dick.

If you want to start a topic, feel free. This is not just a business issue, it is a health issue that affects far too many people.

The more information people have, the better.

That is why we started this site. Just because we found a way to cover the costs, doesn't mean we are going to go away from our original intent.

Went today to get my shots, weighed in, and lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks without trying very hard. I just keep my calories down to 1200 or so, which is real easy on all the seafood, veggies and fruit I eat.
Glad to hear with the issues you have had that you are seeing results.

kryptickancer
July 19th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Do you know if they prescribe prescription drugs? I was on one before baby and I lost a lot of weight. I wanted to get back on them after baby :P.

Rick
July 19th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Wow! I am glad people are signing up because of what you are reading here...But beware, I am spending a fortune in new clothes. I was a size 38 pant for about two weeks...haha

Rick
July 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Do you know if they prescribe prescription drugs? I was on one before baby and I lost a lot of weight. I wanted to get back on them after baby :P.
Yes, they prescribe Phentermine. Costs about $26.00 at the local pharmacies.

nightshift
July 19th, 2009, 2:07 PM
have just signed up Sat. Unfortunately, I can't take the appetite suppresant and the dieuretic, but can take the shots. will be slower weight loss but I am going to do the best I can

Rick
July 19th, 2009, 2:30 PM
Best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

MyFoot76541
July 19th, 2009, 3:16 PM
have just signed up Sat. Unfortunately, I can't take the appetite suppresant and the dieuretic, but can take the shots. will be slower weight loss but I am going to do the best I can

That's how I have to do it. Would you be okay to take their herbal Diucaps? I can tolerate 1/2 one for appetite control and it helps take the edge off of the munchies. I have them on standby - not for a daily dosing.
But the B12 shots give me so much energy! I move around so much more!

Rick
July 26th, 2009, 7:52 AM
30 Pounds... GONE!

I renewed for two more months. Wasn't going to, but figured, why not?

MyFoot76541
July 26th, 2009, 8:14 AM
Cool, Rick!

I am down 20lbs overall since I started my weight loss in May. Unfortunately, I cannot really attribute any of it to TWLC because I do it pretty much on my own, aside from the shots, which do give me a boost of energy when I first take them. I'll finish my series of shots, because they are paid for already, and then switch over to the sublingual (sp?) B12 and continue on my own. I seem to be doing just as well without assistance, so I might as well save the bucks.

Rick
July 26th, 2009, 8:55 AM
20 pounds is good!

We have to do it on our own. The shots boost energy, proper eating has to be up to the individual. You can't just walk into their door and start shrinking. ;)

CenTexDave
July 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Congrats Rick. Go celebrate and drink a couple of your special cream ales!

Godzilla
July 26th, 2009, 2:32 PM
Been on the plan for 1 week now and lost 6 pounds the first week. :thumbsup
I will do better once I go back to work and have my time occupied.

skyblue
July 27th, 2009, 4:08 PM
How Much Does This Program Cost?

Rick
July 27th, 2009, 4:13 PM
Been on the plan for 1 week now and lost 6 pounds the first week. :thumbsup
I will do better once I go back to work and have my time occupied.
Six pounds in a week is good. It's a big adjustment to make with the diet.

How Much Does This Program Cost?
$120 for two months which includes four B-12 shots, blood tests and monitoring. If you want the Lipoden (fat burner) shots, they are $30 each, or you can buy three at a time for $20 each.

They run specials all the time so the above prices are the high price.

Rick
July 27th, 2009, 4:14 PM
Congrats Rick. Go celebrate and drink a couple of your special cream ales!
I think I have had four beers since I started two months ago. I celebrate now by buying smaller clothes.

CenTexDave
July 27th, 2009, 5:47 PM
What!!!!?????????
You don't brew any more stuff??

Rick
July 27th, 2009, 6:18 PM
Sure I do, just don't drink a lot of it since the new ME has appeared.

I am NOT going back to where I was.

I was told by a doctor that due to my thyroid, I had to live with what I had. I was not happy about that, I hated how I looked, but felt as if there was nothing I could do about it.

Now that I KNOW that not to be true, I feel like I have been given a second chance to not only look and feel better, but feel better about myself and I have vowed to NOT go back to where I was. Plus, I still have some work to do.

CenTexDave
July 27th, 2009, 6:29 PM
You go for it, Rick. Moderation in everything I guess.
Just remember, you can't eat on an empty stomach!!:):glug:

tchrlib
July 28th, 2009, 4:47 PM
I went to the clinic, and they did the tyroid test for me, (was nervous about it) and lost 7 lbs. in 2 weeks - wasn't even trying for the last 6 days. I didn't eat enough, and got hunger headaches. Now I am eating the right foods, and more of them. The headaches are gone. I was told due to my thryroid condition ( I take Synthroid daily), and my low blood pressure, I wasn't going to be given diuretics. Soo, I am losing weight, have more energy, and feel better when I put my jeans on.

*NOTE: I was prescribed the max amount of diet pill, but because I'd never taken any type of diet pill before, told to split it into 2 pieces. It had a line down the middle, and I found that the 1/2 pill is enough for me to suppress my appetite. Now, I'm wondering if anyone else is doing that, or are you taking the lower dose, but a full dose?

I am very happy I went there. My husband didn't want me taking pills, but when he saw me eating right and exercising, he said "Well, it's ok, if you just needed the extra boost of the pill." Coming from a man who was against me even going, this is an excellent endorsement!~He was also thrilled that I actually have the energy to go exercise!

Rick
July 28th, 2009, 5:43 PM
That is great tchrlib! I was prescribed the lower dose capsules so obviously I take the full dose of that one. He offered me the other one last week to try, but this one works fine for me, so I saw no need to change.

I am so happy it is working for you also.

tchrlib
July 28th, 2009, 6:20 PM
Yup, it is great to have room in the jeans! ;) I think I'm going to continue taking the 1/2 pill. It's working, so why mess with it! I'll be going back in two weeks, so the update will come then. Here are some of my faves for dieting with South Beach. What is working for you?

sugar free jello-make a batch and it is delicious after each meal
sugar free fudge bars
baby carrots
fajita meats w/grilled sweet onion!
salsa

Rotti_mama
July 28th, 2009, 7:53 PM
Have my appointment on friday.
Now my hubby keep asking " is it save"??
He don't believe in diet pills, or shots !!!!!!!!!!
He runs marathons, no weight problem here.:-$

Rotti_mama
July 28th, 2009, 8:24 PM
I mean "safe"

Rick
August 7th, 2009, 5:31 PM
Had my two week visit today, seven more pounds from the last visit. Thirty-three total.

Thanks to everybody who mentions us when they sign up. The manager came out as I was leaving and gave me a big hug and said, "We got another one from you." She took me around and showed me the new office. Real nice setup. When she introduced me to the technicians, she would tell them, "This is Rick from Centextalk. When he comes in, he gets special treatment." I laughed and told her that I always feel special there.

They do a good job and answer all questions.

poundpup
August 7th, 2009, 6:12 PM
Well, I guess I am shortly behind you, Rick. Only 25 lbs for me and I only get the B12 shots... but they keep me going a lot longer than I would havewithout. It may also be the working out :) who knows. But I really like the TWLC. They listen to your issues and help you figure out a way to use their tools and achieve your goal. I also like the monitored weight :) ... I would be embarrassed to walk in there not having lost my weekly 2 lbs. Therefore, I keep going. It's a odd 'push me / pull me' reasoning that works. I am glad though you brought them here so we learned about their existence.

Scarlett
August 7th, 2009, 8:53 PM
I think you are right poundpup...sometimes it takes that push me/pull me thing. It is not an easy thing to do alone. I am so proud of all my online friends who have been trying this program and making such good progress with their weightloss. And for those of you who have not seen Rick...wow...it is amazing!!!!

Rick
August 7th, 2009, 10:06 PM
No one has ever used the words Rick and amazing in the same sentence before. That's something! ;) Thank you!

Poundpup, keep up the good work. That's great!

tiredone
August 18th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Has anybody suffered any negative effects? I'm seriously considering this, but I want to know what the negative side can be. Also, I understand you have to pick an Atkins Diet, or something along that line. If I lose the weight to a certain point, can I end the program and just eat low fat foods and exercise, or will that cause me to gain the weight back???

Rick
August 18th, 2009, 1:14 PM
The only side effect for me is the cost of all the smaller clothes I have to keep buying. :)

If you look at the diets, when you get to where you want, they have a maintenance stage that includes more. I have not researched that.

tiredone
August 18th, 2009, 1:20 PM
Ya, I want to lose the weight soon, but I want to do it right, too. I'm not going to lie, I got lazy the last few months, and it has crept up on me. I just want to shed some weight, and then get motivated into exercise again...

Rotti_mama
August 19th, 2009, 4:39 PM
I lost 11# in 27 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't even do that much. Treadmill, Gardenwork in the evening.
I just do the Shots, no Pills, and i feel great!!

Rick
August 19th, 2009, 8:09 PM
Good to hear!!!

Have you changed the diet at all?

Rotti_mama
August 19th, 2009, 8:23 PM
I follow the suggestions in the "Approved" and "Not Approved" list.
But I miss the fruit.
I need to find something else for breakfast.
I'm sick of eggs.

Rick
August 19th, 2009, 8:42 PM
I will never get sick of eggs, especially with some bacon...LOL

Sometimes, especially on the weekends, I just have a protein drink while I drive to the gym. It usually hits the spot and with the workout, I don't feel like eating until lunch. (Then I make bacon and eggs...LOL)

poundpup
August 19th, 2009, 9:29 PM
I've noticed, too, that on days when I work out, I eat a whole lot less! I go to the gym at lunch, eat a good portion of protein to avoid soreness, and then usually don't get hungry for the rest of the day. I do eat a small portion at dinner to keep my blood sugar level steady, but that's about it!

Rotti_mama
August 21st, 2009, 8:05 PM
Needed to buy new pants today
2 sizes down.;););)
Yep.

Scarlett
August 21st, 2009, 8:10 PM
I am so proud of all of you!!!!!

Rick
August 21st, 2009, 8:34 PM
Needed to buy new pants today
2 sizes down.;););)
Yep.
That rules the planet right there!!!

Good job!

Rick
August 21st, 2009, 8:35 PM
I am so proud of all of you!!!!!
Thank you!!! :rose:rose

Rick
August 23rd, 2009, 1:35 PM
I had my visit last Thursday. Two more pounds gone. We had some friends over last night and she hadn't seen me since I have been losing weight and she told my wife that she would not have recognized me since even my face has changed so much.

I'm incognito. I feel like wearing a trenchcoat and a funny hat...hahaha ;)

MyFoot76541
August 23rd, 2009, 1:37 PM
Don't forget the shades!!

Rick
August 24th, 2009, 6:09 PM
Just got the results of my blood test and one month after coming off the thyroid medication....
my thyroid levels are NORMAL!!!!

Rotti_mama
August 24th, 2009, 6:44 PM
That's great!!!!!!!!
Good for you.

Scarlett
August 24th, 2009, 7:12 PM
I'm incognito. I feel like wearing a trenchcoat and a funny hat...hahaha ;)

I dyed my hair last night...I am a dark brunette! I was completely unrecognizable today to former students...it was FUN!

Rick
August 24th, 2009, 7:21 PM
What about the trenchcoat? :))

I saw that you changed the hair...:-0 :13:

poundpup
August 24th, 2009, 7:26 PM
Awesome on the thyroid levels!! I could never achieve that, because I do not have a thyroid... so I am jealous!!

:bluerofl

Rick
September 5th, 2009, 2:32 AM
Yesterday's appointment 3 more pounds gone. Total of 38. I seem to be stuck around the 187 pound mark. But my size 36 pants are starting to slide off of me...without being unbottoned.

I still go to the gym about four-five days a week.

nightshift
September 7th, 2009, 1:30 PM
am trying Weight Loss center but only lost 3 lbs. I was told the program works really well for those who can take the shots and use the dieuretic pills and the pills that increase metabolism.

unfortunately for people (like me) who hae blood pressure problems these options are not available or healthy to do. so I am stuck with the shots and trying to limit carbs to 31grams a day - which is difficult.

but i will keep trying.:

:banghead

richard dick young
September 7th, 2009, 1:58 PM
am trying Weight Loss center but only lost 3 lbs. I was told the program works really well for those who can take the shots and use the dieuretic pills and the pills that increase metabolism.

unfortunately for people (like me) who hae blood pressure problems these options are not available or healthy to do. so I am stuck with the shots and trying to limit carbs to 31grams a day - which is difficult.

but i will keep trying.:

I would be happy to help you lose without shots or exercise
No problem withb/p meds
I have helped killeen lose over 65,000 lbs in last 7 yrs safely.
Use our pill or drops and lose8-14 lbs in 2 weeks
Guarenteed

Rdy

Rick
September 7th, 2009, 2:00 PM

but i will keep trying.:

Good luck. How long have you been going?

The biggest thing for me was not only the diet, but the exercise. I go to the gym at least four times per week. The exercise is also helping me strengthen my "six times operated on shoulder" and my heart really needed it.

kryptickancer
September 7th, 2009, 2:15 PM
I would be happy to help you lose without shots or exercise
No problem withb/p meds
I have helped killeen lose over 65,000 lbs in last 7 yrs safely.
Use our pill or drops and lose8-14 lbs in 2 weeks
Guarenteed

Rdy

What pill do you speak of? I really wanna go to the weight loss center, but my hubby is being a tool about spending the money. HELPS ME LOSE WEIGHT! Ive already lost 30 pounds on my own but I still have 60 more to go :(

richard dick young
September 7th, 2009, 4:48 PM
We use blended all amino acids and vitamins matched
To your needs.
Takes 30 min for free explaination
Open tues wed or thurs 3507 trimmier

Rdy

Rotti_mama
September 7th, 2009, 6:50 PM
Hi nightshift

I don't take the pills.
I do the shots every 2 weeks.
Can't do vigorous exercise (backproblems)
I use the threadmill and a little running in the evening.
But i stick with the "approved" and "not approved" list.
I think it's very important not to eat after 6:00 pm.
I lost 15# .
Hang in there and keep going.

Rick
September 8th, 2009, 8:01 AM
I have passed the 40 pound lost mark! My loving and caring wife said, "Wow! that's how much a bag of horse feed weighs." Not sure if she wants me to carry some somewhere or what...:unsure:

I am also fitting into a size 34 pant and I am looking good! ;)

Rick
September 12th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I just bought a couple of size medium shirts. I NEVER imagined that would happen.

I am hoping that the clothes I bought today, will last longer than a month. When we harvested the hay last week, I went to the closet to put on some old jeans. My damn old jeans are two weeks old and baggy.

So, damn near everything I buy now is from the clearance rack.

I am so thankful for TWLC and to a good friend for the recommendation!!! :driving ;)

MeinLieberSchollie62
September 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I just read this thread and really need to stop by there and give this a try. Rick, your posts are most motivating.
All I need now is to get the contact information and make an appointment.
This is something I really need to check out and from what I am hearding/reading here this has been working for a lot of people ...

Rick
September 15th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks,

Their number is: 254-690-6300
4400-3 E. Central Tx Expy. Suite A.

It's on Stan Schleuter, behind Mcdonalds.

MeinLieberSchollie62
September 16th, 2009, 6:59 AM
Thanks Rick ...
I will be making my way there this Saturday to get the information ...

Rick
September 18th, 2009, 9:58 PM
Good luck.

I went yesterday and they said three more pounds. So their total of 41 pounds confirms mine as well.

I lifted a 40 pound weight at the gym today and left the gym smiling because it took two hands to lift it. That's a lot of weight. That's weight I am no longer carrying with every step I take.

I hope it works for you.

causeandeffect
September 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I go in Thursday for my next shot. According to my scale this morning I have lost 12 lbs in three weeks (that is when I started). We will see if their scale is as forgiving. Sounds like everyone who is going is having success!

Rick
September 28th, 2009, 5:45 PM
Glad to hear it's working for you.

The guy who cuts our hay was so impressed when he saw me, that he went down and joined and it is working for him too.

I seem to be stuck at the 40 pound lost mark. In the low to mid 180's. But I am still losing inches. I still feel great.

Good Stuff!

causeandeffect
October 4th, 2009, 5:19 PM
Went Saturday for my shots and weigh in....I have lost 14lbs in 3 weeks! I hope to keep up this pace. About 20lbs a month is a great start. Especially since my goal is 40!!

Rick
October 5th, 2009, 8:49 AM
Great to hear.

Rick
October 12th, 2009, 7:48 PM
Went in today, two more pounds gone. The loss has really slowed down, but I am getting slimmer and slimmer.

Life's good. Self esteem is skyrocketing. Was talking to my "soon to be shrink" daughter this weekend and she saw the TV show and I told her that I watched it a couple of times and that I really like how I am looking now and she said, "That's great Dad. I don't ever remember hearing you talk like that and that is realy good to hear."

I cannot thank TWLC enough for what they jump-started me to do.

My life has changed.

I hope others have the same success.

Courageous
October 13th, 2009, 4:19 PM
My friend is going to a new human growth hormone weight loss clinic in Killeen. I'm kind of worried about her. Has anyone tried this?

Sunshine
October 15th, 2009, 5:48 AM
My friend is going to a new human growth hormone weight loss clinic in Killeen. I'm kind of worried about her. Has anyone tried this?

I had a friend that did this. It really worked for her, but it is really strange because while your doing the shots you can't use specific chemicals or products. Examples include deodorant, conditioner, etc... I would not feel comfortable using it, messing around with hormones is just not my thing. I am interested to see if this is a long term solution for her or anyone that uses it.

Rick
November 3rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
I am now down below 180. :thumbsup From my high at the begining of the year, I am down 56 pounds. 47 from when I started the program.

I think I have one more round of shots, then I am going to venture out on my own. I am very confident that I have changed my habits and lifestyle enough to keep this up.

I enjoy going to the gym and I am now able to do an hour cardio workout with an average heart rate of 135 which is the target that the trainer said I should be working out at.

Am still off the thyroid medication. Am wearing a size 33 waist pant, down from a 42. Some shirts I wear are mediums, some are large, depends on the cut.

Probably more of a statement on society than anything else, but people treat me differently. Seems as if they treat me with more respect than before. No one seems to look down on me like before. Or maybe it's just that I am more confident. I don't know. Just something I noticed.

When I flew to Orlando a couple weeks ago, the tray that once rested on my stomach, is now about 5 inches away from me.

I was told by a certain co-administrator that I look ten years younger than I did before.

This has been an amazing transformation.

Scarlett
November 3rd, 2009, 3:06 PM
Well, that co-administrator meant what she said! ::)

Rick
November 3rd, 2009, 3:28 PM
And the compliment was appreciated.

xzochye
November 4th, 2009, 9:25 AM
Wow Rick that is just great news all around! Congratulations! I am jealous!

poundpup
November 11th, 2009, 9:21 PM
Rick, your success is awesome!!

However, I must inject, that if you cannot take either of the appetite suppressant pills, the shots alone won't do it. I am at the point now, where the B12 shots make no difference either. My doc explained that since I take them in supplement form daily, my body has reached a good level, and the shots do not enhance anything anymore.

Just another twist on the matter. I lost 25 lbs on my own, I lost about 15 lbs on TWLC, and now I am plateauing...

Rick
November 11th, 2009, 9:33 PM
Good to hear you are still at it.

I think the diet and exercise made the most difference for me. The B12 just gave me energy that I was missing from the carbs I wasn't consuming anymore.

They say upfront that you have to change the lifestyle that put the pounds on, I think since May, I have done that.

Got my last shots yesterday. I weigh 178 now. I will still go to the gym 3-5 times per week. A couple of injuries keep me from doing what I want, but I still manage 50-60 minutes of cardio workout. That's something I NEVER thought I'd say that I enjoy...nope, not me no way! LOL

Rick
December 13th, 2009, 7:19 PM
Just an update, I am still the new me. I eat a little more freely, but still considered low-carbs. Maintaining 180 pounds. But continue to slowly slim down and build muscle. Gym is down to three times per week curtailed by two painful injuries that have me worried. Knee and elbow. Elbow getting worse every day...ugh!

I am so glad I made this change. I saw a former neighbor today and said "Hi!" and he said, damn Rick, I didn't even recognize you...lol I get that a lot.

MeinLieberSchollie62
December 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I hope that it is nothing serious .... keep on doing your thing :thumbsup

Rick
December 15th, 2009, 6:03 AM
Thanks, me too. Dealing with the "Medical Center" is stalling things even more. :banghead

THEMEANOGRE
December 15th, 2009, 7:17 AM
Its good to hear that Rick has met/ is meeting his goals. Now, what about Scarlett? We've not seen any updates from her in some time.

CenTexDave
December 22nd, 2009, 7:01 PM
Ain't much there to decrease.

THEMEANOGRE
December 22nd, 2009, 7:52 PM
I tried to express that when she started, but MY opinion doesn't matter.

Night Owl
December 23rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
You're finally catching on!!!!

Rick
December 23rd, 2009, 8:50 PM
I tried to express that when she started, but MY opinion doesn't matter.
Don't feel like the lone ranger.

The docs don't know what's wrong with my elbow. They thought it was golfer's and tennis elbow, but when I got NO relief from three steroid injections, he is thinking something different. MRI scheduled and I have to wear a full arm splint to bed and 4-5 hours a damn day. Hope to find out about knee next week.

Gained a couple pounds, but might be from cutting firewood and working around the property. I hope so anyway. If not, I will be back on the shots in no time since I have to take it easy. Cutting down on the carbs again too. Just in case.

nightshift
January 19th, 2010, 7:20 PM
The B12 shots give energy but can't say the lipo shots do much if you can't take the metabolism booster. The natural diet suppresent does work. The program coupled with good diet and a steady workout program works,but it takes much longer if you can't take the diet pills.

Rick
January 19th, 2010, 9:03 PM
Yes, you have to change the lifestyle for it to stick. I am so glad I did it.

I am still in the low - mid-180's. Didn't gain anything over the holidays.

Got bad news about the elbow. MRI supposedly shows a partially torn tendon. Not fun. Have to wait until Feb 4 to find out what to do about it. The full arm splint I am supposed to wear to bed makes the pain worse, so sleeping with that damn thing is impossible.

This sucks! (But I still look damn good! :bluerofl)

Rick
February 1st, 2010, 7:24 PM
I am pleased to announce the return of Texas Weight Loss Center to our sponsor list.

No, not because I gained all the weight back...haha (I still look damn good :bluerofl)

Rick
March 10th, 2010, 9:15 PM
A few weeks ago, I started going back to TWLC for the shots. The arm injury I have been dealing with has reduced my activity and I pretty much wanted to maintain where I am.

Darnall delay after delay in getting appointments and referred to Scott and White have meant that I could not get a surgery for the torn tendon until May. So in the mean time. I will do what I can at the gym.

But I haven't gained any weight. Still watching what I eat, a few more carbs than when I was going full force. I am happier and healthier, and am so glad I was introduced to TWLC...I wonder who I thank for that...hehehe

stormy
March 11th, 2010, 2:53 PM
And to think it all started out as a referral for an ad! :)

Rick
March 16th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Thank you for that!!! ;)

Rick
April 19th, 2010, 8:40 AM
I received an email from Alba at TWLC and she included some information that I wanted to share with everyone regarding their blood tests.

We do a blood work again after 6 months if taking diuretics, and after 12 if just taking phentermine. The medical assistants check the date and draw your blood as soon as it is close to the corresponding date.

We don't charge to do the tests again (Thyroids, kidneys, liver, gluose, electrolites, etc); if patients don't have any insurance and want to know about their cholesterol, I thnk it's a fee of $ 15.00 or $ 18.00, or if a patient has an abnormal blood sugar, thyroids, etc and want to re-test to take the results to their doctor it is a fee of $10.00 for any re-test.

A lot of patients do not know they are diabetics or have pre-diabetes until they come to see us for the weight management and is there when they find out, one thing good about it though, is once they lose 20 or 25 pounds, their sugar return to a normal level, every time we see good things happen to our patients we feel very good.

THEMEANOGRE
April 19th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I think it is really good thing these folks are so concerned about the patient. I applaud that they treat their customers as patients rather than clients. I wish the same could be said of ALL weight loss programs. Most just seem to be concerned with getting everybody into the same size clothes.