PDA

View Full Version : Orioles- Sox 29 Apr 15

IronErnin
April 29th, 2015, 6:00 PM
I am heartened to learn that there are, in fact, adults involved in at least one professional sport.
I think the owner of the Orioles made a responsible decision. Kudos, in closing the game to the public. There may have been sufficient assets to cover the event, but he judged they'd be more effectively used elsewhere.

Rick
April 30th, 2015, 6:48 AM
Hogwash!

Abolish all public events if this is how Americans give in to thugs.

The Baltimore Symphony held a free concert yesterday, they didn't play chicken#### and hide behind locked doors.

fchafey
April 30th, 2015, 6:51 AM
You cant use the word Thugs anymore. People say it has been "Racialized" if that is even a word. Our president used it, wonder if they are gonna say something to him.

IronErnin
April 30th, 2015, 7:12 AM
Hogwash!

Abolish all public events if this is how Americans give in to thugs.

The Baltimore Symphony held a free concert yesterday, they didn't play chicken#### and hide behind locked doors.

The only thugs the owner of the Orioles gave in to, was the MLB Players Union. He was contracturally obligated for that game. So, he allowed it to be played. The Baltimore Symphony comparison is an apples/oranges kind of thing, because how many rioters/looters normally attend events like the symphony?
And besides, it was free because they were playing to the adage about music's affect over the savage breast.
Anyway, sports fans do tend to get rowdier than those who go to the symphony. When was the last time a symphony audience tore down a concert hall over the final notes of Beethoven's 9th?

Rick
April 30th, 2015, 7:51 AM
They already cancelled one game, so why not just cower in their homes? The players will still get paid. But you refer to the baseball union as thugs while giving in to the protesting thugs.

What about the contract with the thousands who bought tickets? Not to mention the vendors who lost out on concessions that they have invested in. But you prefer to give in to the thugs.

They should have been business as usual and you know it.

Damn shame that the Baltimore Symphony has more balls than baseball teams.

Rick
April 30th, 2015, 7:52 AM
You cant use the word Thugs anymore. People say it has been "Racialized" if that is even a word. Our president used it, wonder if they are gonna say something to him.

I heard that. Touchy group of people these days.

IronErnin
April 30th, 2015, 9:09 AM
I think you missed the real point.

Which was that I paid a compliment toward anyone involved in PROFESSIONAL sports.

Let us get real for a minute, can you justify paying a grown person thousands, if not millions of dollars to play a kid's game?
And one they don't play markedly better than they did in high school, absent chemical enhancement.

Rick
April 30th, 2015, 9:24 AM
You call that real?

mac
April 30th, 2015, 12:03 PM

Not only the President, but also Baltimore's Mayor, Police Comissioner and Chief of Police.....mac

Ludwig
April 30th, 2015, 2:25 PM

IDGAS about people who say that the common word "Thug(s)" has been "Racialized". No worthless group of worthless people have a right to decide the rules of common discourse. I am not, nor will I ever make any effort to be, Politically Correct. That's not how I roll. If that upsets you... you can get instruction on how to ignore my diatribes.

mac
April 30th, 2015, 3:41 PM
IDGAS about people who say that the common word "Thug(s)" has been "Racialized". No worthless group of worthless people have a right to decide the rules of common discourse. I am not, nor will I ever make any effort to be, Politically Correct. That's not how I roll. If that upsets you... you can get instruction on how to ignore my diatribes.

well....it's said you can draw more flies with honey than with vinegar and that's prob'ly true. i don't believe in the PC drill either but I do believe in being kind, gentle and unoffensive when you can. it's not necessary or even desirable to be rude, cruel or unpleasant....but that's just how I roll..... (i prob'ly wouldn't use "common" discourse except when among "common" folk....I thought your posting #131 on the "Voucher" string was an excellent way to refrain from becoming vulgar and common.....mac

fchafey
May 2nd, 2015, 7:51 AM

I am the last person to be politically correct. I was pointing it out becasue I think it is a crock. I was labled a racist many yearas ago over the Long Branch Park fiasco. It is fine with me, there are 3 things in life that is improtant to me. 1. My wife loves me, 2. my dog comes when I call her and 3. I sleep just fine at night, the rest is minutia...