PDA

View Full Version : 12-6A playoff scenarios

stevendub
October 29th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Got this from the 6a Texas Football forum:

Cove and Midway are in, and they'll be D2. Ellison is eliminated from playoff contention.

From what I know:

Only way for sure the Grey Wolves don't make it is if they lose their last two games and Belton AND Killeen win out. I'm not sure how it would work if Belton, Shoemaker and Killeen are tied at 3-3 for the 3rd and 4th spots.

Belton is in if they win out, if they just defeat Heights in the season finale or if they upset Midway but lose to Heights, Heights loses to Killeen and the Roos lose to Shoemaker. They're out if they lose out and Heights or Killeen wins out or if they upset Midway but lose to Heights AND the Knights win out.

As long as Midway beats Belton, Harker Heights IS NOT eliminated with a loss to Killeen, however the Roos would if they lose Friday cause they would have lost to all the other contending teams.

Killeen pretty much needs to beat Heights, upset Shoemaker and get some help somehow to get in.

Harker Heights is in if they win out.

And I'm not sure what would be the next solution if:
Killeen beats Heights, and Belton loses out (which means Heights goes 1-1). That would put the 3 at 2-4, and all three would've lost to one and beat the other.

fchafey
October 30th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Wouldnt they do a coin flip? really love that way here in Texas. Pretty cool actually.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 7:30 AM
I don't know what they do anymore. It doesn't really matter - all but Midway will be one and done.

sojourner truth
October 30th, 2014, 3:38 PM
There is some school somewhere that has cancelled Halloween because it might interfere with the local HS football game...

That is a little... stooped... to me.

And I hate Halloween.

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 7:27 PM
And that city in the Poconos where that wild man took refuge just cancelled due to danger, but he was caught today so maybe it's back on.
Little bit stupid cancelling Halloween for that. Hope they are rewarded with a loss. :)

CenTexDave
October 30th, 2014, 11:01 PM
In regards to tiebreakers - the first thing they will use is head-to-head competition. That in almost all cases should solve it.
After that would be point differential.

RooDawg
October 31st, 2014, 2:12 PM
Here is my playoff scenario for my Roos:

Killeen beats Heights
Midway beats Belton

Standings behind Midway and Cove after this weekend:

Shoe 3-2
Belton 2-3
Killeen 2-3
Heights 1-4

Shoemaker sitting in 3rd position and Belton sitting in 4th position since they have the head-to-head win over Killeen.

Week 10

Killeen beats the Shoe
Heights beats Belton

Final Standings

Killeen 3-3
Shoe 3-3
Heights 2-4
Belton 2-4

Killeen goes in #1 in Division 1 and the Shoe goes in as #2

Here is the sick scenario:

Let's follow this week's above scenario where Killeen beats Heights and Midway beats Belton.

Week 10 games:

Shoe beats Killeen
Heights beats Belton

Standings

Shoe 4-2 claims the 3rd playoff spot and #1 in Division 1.
Killeen 2-4
Belton 2-4
Heights 2-4

All tied for the final spot. Head-to-head won't help because they have beaten each other (Belton beat Killeen, Killeen beat Heights, Heights beat Belton).

Point differential would be next.

As it is right now Killeen is -1 and Belton is +1.

The team with the best point differential would be the fourth playoff team.

So as you can see I am pulling for Killeen and Midway this week and Killeen and Heights next week.

sojourner truth
October 31st, 2014, 3:21 PM
Halloween is back on in the Poconos Dave... They caught the rat ba$stard in an airplane hangar.

Guess he gave up. They caught him clean, but by the time they got him back to the station his face was ready for Halloween.

Meathead left his guns in the hangar and then wandered outside right into their waiting arms... AND they cuffed him with the set of cuffs that belonged to the officer he killed.