PDA

View Full Version : UMHB Crusaders VS Louisiana College

Rick
October 18th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Stay tuned for updates.

Rick
October 18th, 2014, 1:40 PM
End of the first quarter, Cru leads 24-.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/19/yne5adaj.jpg

Rick
October 18th, 2014, 2:43 PM
Cru sputtering in the second. 31-17 at the half.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/19/e3a6ezuj.jpg

Rick
October 18th, 2014, 3:36 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/19/4ane3a9e.jpg

Rick
October 18th, 2014, 4:17 PM
Cru wins!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/19/e6a6ura7.jpg

Night Owl
October 18th, 2014, 4:48 PM
Still UNDEFEATED!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
October 18th, 2014, 8:38 PM
Defense forget to show up today??

yankeerunner
October 18th, 2014, 9:07 PM
I agree, The Cru did not have their normal zip out on the field, both the offense and defense. The special teams did a pretty good job for the most part.

Coach Fredenburg kept Anderson in the game too long in my opinion. Once Jackson got into the game things seemed to flow better. Since Coach Fredenburg had given the QB's more responsibility and make any changes as they see fit. It seemed that Anderson was having a hard time reading the defenses and was slow developing the plays. The exchange (snap) between the center and QB is still a problem. There were way too many ankle high as well as on the ground snaps. Why do we continue to keep running the ball up the middle? Could it be as UMHB2001 stated and didn't want to show our hand to TLC for our game next week?

The Cru showed some great play, but we need to clean up our play. If we have another week next week like today we might not be as lucky. I don't think it will take much for TLU to bring their A-Game, and if they get some breaks or chances they very well may take The Cru to task.

CenTexDave
October 20th, 2014, 12:05 PM
The new rankings just came out - and the Cru is still ranked #2 - barely. Only a 5 point lead over Mt. Union.
They need to go back to blowing out their opponents. Giving up 24 points to some half-a$$ed opponent ain't gonna cut it.
It is important they finish at least #2 in the rankings. That should give them a better bracket and home field up through the semis (assuming this team can get that far, and I'm beginning to have my doubts).

Rick
October 20th, 2014, 1:56 PM
Jackson was certainly a big play maker on Saturday. I'd like to see him start.

Rankings don't mean much when it comes to how the NCAA chooses things. They have made some head scratching selections in the past. Last year for example, they chose UMHB to play Whitewater in Belton. That could be because of the new stadium, but who knows.

CenTexDave
October 20th, 2014, 3:16 PM
I agree with that their bracketing doesn't make sense sometimes, but wasn't UMHB higher ranked at regular season's end last year?
Just don't wanna see the Cru have to go play at Mt.Union. I know they won up there years ago, but still - could be frigid weather.

yankeerunner
October 20th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Jackson was certainly a big play maker on Saturday. I'd like to see him start.

Yes, I think starting Jackson might put a flame under Anderson and make him want to earn his starting job back.

Rankings don't mean much when it comes to how the NCAA chooses things. They have made some head scratching selections in the past. Last year for example, they chose UMHB to play Whitewater in Belton. That could be because of the new stadium, but who knows.

I was talking to one of the guys running one of the ESPN cameras and he said that ESPN had talked the NCAA into having the game in Belton. The nicer weather and all of ESPN's equipment wouldn't be subjected to the harsh winter weather that was happening up in Whitewater. It was so much easier for ESPN to roll their big cameras around on the concrete without having the snow and ice freezing up the wheels under the cameras. Also, I think there was a desire to showcase The CRUthedral. As of right now The CRUthedral is one of the top D3 football stadium in the country right now.