PDA

View Full Version : Pastor/ Castle Doctrine/ AIDS

Grammar Rules
October 10th, 2014, 6:41 AM
Rick may be right about re-organizing the Forum topics. Or maybe the world is becoming more complex. Do you ever find yourself asking, "What category is this story?"

http://theweek.com/article/index/269667/speedreads-pastor-who-admits-to-having-aids-and-sleeping-with-parishioners-wont-step-down

Talk about the guest who won't leave, standing his ground, and passing on the gift that keeps on giving. The pastor has AIDS, recently disclosed. He's also discovered to have been sleeping with some of the women of the Missionary Baptist Church. The congregation has fired him (ya think????) but he won't leave, threatening "castle law" if they try to force him out.

Seriously: is this a Religion topic? Gun talk? I opted for Health, since it's more likely that someone will die of AIDS than a bullet in this case, but wow.

Rick
October 10th, 2014, 7:01 AM
This would belong under a "Degenerates on Parade" topic.

Night Owl
October 10th, 2014, 9:34 AM
Calling this guy a pastor is like calling Obabma a conservative.

CenTexDave
October 10th, 2014, 11:25 AM
End up in court? Doubt he would even show up in court.
Just raid the church and forcibly remove him. If he resists shoot his a$$.

Mestral
October 11th, 2014, 7:24 AM
Considering the mess "raids" have caused lately, and the likelyhood of damage to the building,
I would suggest a siege. Turn off all the utilities, including water,
and no one goes in or out, until he surrenders.
By the fourth day, I think he would be a bit more pliable.

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Good point.
If it was a mosque I'd recommend a MOAB. :)

Mestral
October 11th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Good point.
If it was a mosque I'd recommend a MOAB. :)Common Dave,
Tell us how you really feel :)

mac
October 11th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Considering the mess "raids" have caused lately, and the likelyhood of damage to the building,
I would suggest a siege. Turn off all the utilities, including water,
and no one goes in or out, until he surrenders.
By the fourth day, I think he would be a bit more pliable.

I understrand that Midland.....or maybe Odessa lost a deuty last night while serving warrants......mac

Grammar Rules
October 11th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I understrand that Midland.....or maybe Odessa lost a deuty last night while serving warrants......mac

This was not a "raid." They came to the door to serve a warrant and the perp opened fire.

www.permianbasin360.com

MIDLAND, TX, (Local Big 2 News) - Law enforcement officials around West Texas grieve, following the death of one of their own on Thursday. Wednesday afternoon Dan Williams Higgins, was a wanted man, accused of aggravated sexual assault of child. Now he's facing a list of other charges, including capital murder for the death of a Midland County Sheriff Deputy. Numerous law enforcement agencies with dozens of vehicles responded shortly after 2 P.M. Thursday to a report of an officer down. At the time, Deputy Sheriff Michael Joe Naylor was serving an arrest warrant in Midland in the 3800 block of North County Road 1248.

"Officers went out, made contact with the individual in the house, talked to him, tried to get him to come out," said Midland County Sheriff Painter.

Then the situation went horribly wrong.

"There was an exchange of gunfire, alot of shots were fired, but the intial shot came as a surprise," he said.

It was a shot ending in tragedy.

"He shot the Deputy Sheriff Michael Joe Naylor in the head," said Painter.

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Happened Thursday I believe.
Another nut job takes the life of a good man.

Night Owl
October 11th, 2014, 1:29 PM
This was not a "raid." They came to the door to serve a warrant and the perp opened fire.

www.permianbasin360.com (http://www.permianbasin360.com)
I must have missed it but I can't find where mac said it was a raid.

Grammar Rules
October 11th, 2014, 4:42 PM
He didn't. Mestral did. Then mac posted the story about the West Texas deputy in response to Mestral's mention of a raid. This descends from our previous discussions of no-knock warrants and such.

Ludwig
October 11th, 2014, 7:46 PM

OK. Sorry to hear that. However, what does that have to do with a "pastor" in Alabama?