PDA

View Full Version : 13 Gun Fighting Rules You Should Know

Ludwig
October 1st, 2014, 3:00 PM
1) Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

2) It is always better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by six.

3) Police Officers carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

4) Never allow someone or something that threatens you to get inside arm’s length.

5) Never say “I have a gun.” If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they should hear is the safety clicking off.

6) The average response time for a 911 call is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

7) The most important rule in gun fighting is: Always win – cheat if necessary.

8) Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he’ll have to beat you to death with it, ‘cause it will be empty.

9) In a gun fight:
If you’re not shooting, you should be loading.
If you’re not loading, you should be moving.
If you’re not shooting, loading, or moving, you’re probably dead.

10) In a life or death situation, do something... it may be wrong, but do something.

11) If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you’re carrying a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

12) You can say “Stop” or “Alto” or any other word, but a large-bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much a universal language.

13) You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save someone you love, or yourself.

“Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.” – T. Jefferson

IronErnin
October 1st, 2014, 3:16 PM
You probably didn't intend it, but I found a couple small bits of humor in this. Good post!

Shotgun Jeremy
October 1st, 2014, 9:10 PM
Great post!

The Torii Fox
October 2nd, 2014, 12:15 PM
I mostly love it but #3 is wrong. We carry them to protect both.

CenTexDave
October 2nd, 2014, 1:12 PM
Or as Teddy Roosevelt did not say - "Walk softly, but carry a larger caliber". :)

Johnny Frederick
October 2nd, 2014, 2:01 PM
Rules to LIVE by.
Johnny

sojourner truth
October 2nd, 2014, 4:21 PM
Or like someone said.. "Why a 45".... "Because they don't make a 46"...

Of course, now they do, only bigger.:)

Ludwig
October 2nd, 2014, 4:32 PM
I mostly love it but #3 is wrong. We carry them to protect both.

I would agree if there was some way that they could be on the scene at the time of conflict rather than five minutes later to file their reports.

The Torii Fox
October 2nd, 2014, 6:39 PM
I would agree if there was some way that they could be on the scene at the time of conflict rather than five minutes later to file their reports.

I agree that most of the job is and by its nature will ever be reactive but we run into plenty enough in progress encounters to support the idea that we also prevent and protect folks too.

fchafey
October 2nd, 2014, 10:53 PM
Well if you want a more robust police force, then we need to quadruple taxes in order to get them. Wall, New Jersey, 4 bedroom house, 2600 feet, 1 acre, wood house, yes a basement and two car gargage. 12K a year in property taxes. That wasnt a typo. The town next to them Brick, year in and year out the safest town for its size, sometimes it is number 1. 4 bedroom house, blah blah blah, 10K a year in taxes. Same thing in Killeen, TX, 2K a year. Get a CHL, get training buy a gun for every room save thousands of dollars a year and wave to the nice policeman/woman when they go by every couple of days.

Mestral
October 3rd, 2014, 8:24 AM
I mostly love it but #3 is wrong. We carry them to protect both.You carry yours to protect others in the same way we carry ours to protect others. The Supreme Court has ruled, repeatedly, that you have no further responsibility to protect others than we do.