PDA

View Full Version : We Must Protect This House or Reveille in this case...

cnjbond
September 20th, 2014, 7:45 PM
This Aggie Cadet took his job of taking care of Reveille very seriously! The Commandant posted on FB that he's going to buy his Senior boots for him...lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjBswnHjz_I

CenTexDave
September 20th, 2014, 8:17 PM
I read Reveille is retiring after this year. A new nationwide search will be conducted for the new Reveille.

Night Owl
September 20th, 2014, 9:27 PM
Great job. Reveille is the sister to the puppy I lost a couple years ago. Or so I was told by the puppies owner and verified by the Aggie that was there when I picked up my pup. The owners set the date for all the puppies to be picked up at the same time.

LauraA
September 22nd, 2014, 6:50 PM
Who or what is Reveille?

CenTexDave
September 22nd, 2014, 7:28 PM
A&M's mascot - female collie.

LauraA
September 22nd, 2014, 11:24 PM
Oh, ok. Well that is way better than a sad, old looking longhorn cow and probably much easier to take care of.

Grammar Rules
September 23rd, 2014, 4:46 AM
Are you just trying to alienate everyone? UT grad here. Hook 'em!:))

Rick
September 23rd, 2014, 8:02 AM
The real news is that the boots cost $1,600.

cnjbond
September 23rd, 2014, 9:26 AM
The real news is that the boots cost $1,600.

Tell me about it!!! We had to order our daughter's boots....

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2014, 10:08 AM
Insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LauraA
September 23rd, 2014, 3:22 PM
Are you just trying to alienate everyone? UT grad here. Hook 'em!:))

No, but I saw him on TV at a recent game and he looked sad and old. Maybe he should be put to pasture and a new cow brought in. They do it with quarterbacks and coaches :)

cnjbond
September 23rd, 2014, 4:56 PM
No, but I saw him on TV at a recent game and he looked sad and old. Maybe he should be put to pasture and a new cow brought in. They do it with quarterbacks and coaches :)

I know a GREAT place for Bevo...on my smoker!!!!

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2014, 5:50 PM
Not so fast, Mr. Bond. Charlie Strong may need to suit him up - he just tossed two more off the Horns' squad. :)

Grammar Rules
September 23rd, 2014, 8:27 PM

BEVO isn't a cow. EVER. He's a bull. And like Reveille, he and all mascots are changed out. Being a genuine Texas longhorn, he is lean and rangy, adapted for rough country, drought, and sparse forage. (See my avatar) I don't know how old the current BEVO is, but considering the season so far, he may well be sad. ::)

Night Owl
September 23rd, 2014, 8:38 PM
Reveille is always a female pup.

I could add something about a stump but not with a puppy.:))

Revillie goes to classes with his trainer. If she barks then the class gets to leave early. At least that is what I have heard.

LauraA
September 23rd, 2014, 11:32 PM
BEVO isn't a cow. EVER. He's a bull. And like Reveille, he and all mascots are changed out. Being a genuine Texas longhorn, he is lean and rangy, adapted for rough country, drought, and sparse forage. (See my avatar) I don't know how old the current BEVO is, but considering the season so far, he may well be sad. ::)
Well, I'm a city girl, so I just figured that cows are cows. :-s

Ludwig
September 24th, 2014, 3:41 AM
Well, I'm a city girl, so I just figured that cows are cows. :-s

Bevo, in truth, is neither a cow nor a Bull. Like all things at TU, Bevo has no balls.
BTW the species is Bovine. And the American Bison is not a Buffalo.

Grammar Rules
September 24th, 2014, 5:10 AM
BEVO is a steer.
cattle, name for the ruminant mammals of the genus Bos, and particularly those of the domesticated species, Bos taurus and B. indica. The term oxen, broadly used, refers also to closely related animals, such as the buffalo and the bison. Narrowly used, ox refers to a mature castrated male used for draft purposes. In referring to domestic cattle a grown male is a bull, a grown female a cow, an infant a calf, and an animal between one and two years old a yearling. A female that has not given birth is a heifer; a castrated male is a steer.

Read more: cattle | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/encyclopedia/science/cattle.html#ixzz3EE6Tp5N6

Night Owl
September 24th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I think Granny just had a GOTCHA moment. Good job Granny.:)

gnatsum
September 24th, 2014, 5:24 PM
One of the past Reveille's actual died during the summer break many years ago. Read in a magazine (Texas Monthly) that A&M had her body in cold storage until school resumed a few weeks later, so the Aggie student body could send her off with proper respect.

Well, I HAD to go look to see which one--it was Reveille V, who was euthanised in 1999, six years after her retirement due to medical issues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reveille_(dog)
ALL of the deceased Reveilles are buried together near Kyle Field...where they can see the scoreboard.4988

:crying

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2014, 7:22 PM
I wonder what aliens will think about us here on earth when they invade and conquer us. :))

cnjbond
September 25th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I wonder what aliens will think about us here on earth when they invade and conquer us. :))

I'm sure they'll try to send their kids to A&M!!! :)

CenTexDave
September 25th, 2014, 5:07 PM
And those kids are the ones who will visit that cemetery and wonder who was Reveille I, Reveille II,etc? He must have been one helluva player - might have been a QB or RB!! :)