View Full Version : Saturday's Games

CenTexDave
August 30th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Saturday's games:
Harker Heights - 37, Whacko 20 Looks like Heights might have a team this year
Eagle Pass - 27, Ellison - 16 Same sh*t, different year

beaver
August 31st, 2014, 8:28 AM
Not 1 word in the KDH about the Ellison game.

CenTexDave
August 31st, 2014, 10:03 AM
Better get used to it when one of the schools plays on the road outside the area. Might make Monday's edition. I emailed the sports editor last week after there was absolutely nothing about Cove's scrimmage up in Abilene. Got the usual reply they are short handed, can't cover games that far away, blah, blah, blah. I think in instances like this the coaches will need to email or text them results and highlights, but then again, it was a Saturday night game and I doubt there would be anybody at the KDH to write it up for the paper for Sunday.

Rick
September 1st, 2014, 8:43 AM
Hey Dave, do you know any coaches who would be willing to email or text you updates then you can post them here?

CenTexDave
September 1st, 2014, 9:50 AM
Not really. Jack Welch and I don't get along. :)
I just post stuff I hear on the radio or find online.

sojourner truth
September 1st, 2014, 10:45 AM
Kind of like finding the results of the Jerrel game too. Their head coach is a friend, and we had to get our reading glasses on and really hunt for the scores.

Coach said the team looked fantastic in the first half, and terrible in the second half. He'll get 'em right 100% if anyone can.

Next week, they have a tougher nut to crack.

beaver
September 1st, 2014, 6:24 PM
It's pretty bad when the "local" paper does not cover all of the "local" high school football teams but gives us a nice front page feature story about a school bus driver way over in the Rosebud-Lott ISD.

CenTexDave
September 1st, 2014, 6:58 PM
They truly have their priorities messed up. And it's been heading that way for the past decade. I only used to subscribe to this "newspaper" for their local sports. Now they don't even do that.

Rick
September 2nd, 2014, 11:52 AM
Not really. Jack Welch and I don't get along. :)

That's because you can't do any thing for him.

JohnKilleen
September 2nd, 2014, 1:34 PM
It is a shame KDH doesn't cover the local teams better. I doubt many folks from Belton or Salado buy the KDH, most of them would read the Telegram.

cuatro
September 2nd, 2014, 10:08 PM
I have started following several news organizations, schools and individuals on Twitter and it gives great updates.

Here are the Twitter addresses I follow that give really good updates: @MidwayISD, @KCENSports, @wacotrib, @RLeCompteWYFF, @BltonTiger (This is Belton Tiger Football) @kwtxsports, @KXXVSports, @DavidSmoak, @dctf (This is Dave Campbell's Texas Football and a very comprehensive place for scores across Texas) @KNCT_SPORTS, @ScoopSports (This is Dave Campbell Sports) @WacoTribSports, @templewildcats, @TDTSports, @KDHsports

I hope this helps ya'll! I know I am super busy on Friday nights looking at all this!

CenTexDave
September 3rd, 2014, 9:12 AM
There used to be two real good websites that reported HS football scores - live reports, updates and blogging. But I can't find them anymore - it's almost like when 6A came into being they vanished. You try and rely on these central Texas tv station websites for scores and you'll be waiting a long, long time.