PDA

View Full Version : Everything Cowboys

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cnjbond
August 26th, 2014, 4:17 PM
Thought I'd start a new thread that will hopefully combine the Cowboy discussions....

This just in, Dallas has FINALLY cut ties with Matt Johnson, the best safety to never have played a single down in the 2 years he's been in the league!

dallas-cowboys-waive-s-matt-johnson-remove-12-other-players-from-roster (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/dallas-cowboys-waive-s-matt-johnson-remove-12-other-players-from-roster.html/)

sojourner truth
August 26th, 2014, 8:18 PM
Wonder how much he got paid for all the inconvenience of having to be called a Cowboy... Probably got a sweet deal.

Now I wonder if he ever got a signing bonus.

CenTexDave
August 26th, 2014, 9:21 PM
He was a 4th round draft pick who has spent his entire professional career with the Cowboys on injured reserve. Claiborne, their first round pick a couple of years ago, hasn't played much either. It happens, but does make you wonder if they are just riding the sick call bus.

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2014, 10:03 PM
They stunk it up again tonight. I don't care if it was just the subs playing or not. That's all Denver played.
I see a 5-11 or worse season coming.

sojourner truth
August 28th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Well, is official yet Do the Cowboys stink?:))

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Guess they'll join the Rangers at the bottom.

fchafey
August 28th, 2014, 10:15 PM
You think it might look like this? Philadelphia 10-6, NYG 9-7, Dallas 6-10, Washington 5-11. Yes I am a Giants fan and they dont make the playoffs this year. Seattle, GB, NO, Phi. SF and ATL once again in the NFC. Barring any crazy injuries, NO beats Seattle to go to the Super Bowl......

CenTexDave
August 28th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Saints over Hawks. Interesting.

cnjbond
August 29th, 2014, 9:04 AM
You think it might look like this? Philadelphia 10-6, NYG 9-7, Dallas 6-10, Washington 5-11. Yes I am a Giants fan and they dont make the playoffs this year. Seattle, GB, NO, Phi. SF and ATL once again in the NFC. Barring any crazy injuries, NO beats Seattle to go to the Super Bowl......
FIRST, I'm glad I decided to watch the Aggies play instead of the Cowboys.

SECOND, What in the heck have you been watching that makes you think the Giants will go 9-7? They suck about as bad as Dallas but at least Dallas has a chance to do something if ALL of their starters stay healthy (which we all know will never, ever, ever, ever, ever...did I say say ever, happen in a million years)!

fchafey
August 29th, 2014, 9:15 AM
The Giants will go 9-7 because that is what they always do. Didnt 9-7 win them a Super Bowl?, They wont make the playoffs this year. I havent seen them play once over here, in fact the only Giants picture I saw was Eli dropping the ball that was posted. They havent been burning the poppies over here lately so I know I am thinking clearly. It is ok though, Coughlin is like 95 this year and it is time for him to ride that subway train into the sunset....the Giants will rebuild just like the Packers, 49ers, etc.....there is one team thought that plays up in Dallas that doenst seem to get it though....

cnjbond
August 29th, 2014, 9:51 AM
The Giants will go 9-7 because that is what they always do. Didnt 9-7 win them a Super Bowl?, They wont make the playoffs this year. I havent seen them play once over here, in fact the only Giants picture I saw was Eli dropping the ball that was posted. They havent been burning the poppies over here lately so I know I am thinking clearly. It is ok though, Coughlin is like 95 this year and it is time for him to ride that subway train into the sunset....the Giants will rebuild just like the Packers, 49ers, etc.....there is one team thought that plays up in Dallas that doenst seem to get it though....

They had better talent on those 9-7 teams...I don't think that's the case this year but hey, this is the NFL, anything could happen!

cnjbond
August 30th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Orton played them like a fiddle...well played Orton, well played!

quarterback-kyle-orton-pulls-fast-one-on-cowboys--agrees-to-deal-with-bills (https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/quarterback-kyle-orton-pulls-fast-one-on-cowboys--agrees-to-deal-with-bills-145003284.html)

CenTexDave
August 30th, 2014, 1:48 PM
I saw that today. Don't blame him one bit. Nobody in their right mind would want to play for Jerry Jones.

cnjbond
September 7th, 2014, 4:50 PM
Well it looks like the Cowboys are definitely on their way to winning the Super bowl this year...go Cowboys!!
Oh yeah, Romo is DEFINITELY in the running for the league MVP...Jerry, that was money well spent buddy. How could we have been so stupid to question your spending of what equates to the national GDP of Congo on a washed up, overrated, broke-back future Hall of Shamer?!!!!!

cnjbond
September 14th, 2014, 3:22 PM
Wow, hey Jason, see what happens when you run the ball and don't overly rely on Romo...you cotton picking win the game!!!!

sojourner truth
September 14th, 2014, 3:45 PM
Yep... Wonder how much Romo makes to hand the ball off to the backs.:))

If you watched his passing game, you would see how he held on to the ball even when he had receivers open. And, that when he did throw the ball, he waited until almost too late to pull the trigger, and the passes were almost always at ankle level.

Like worrying more about not being intercepted again that actually completing a pass.

Still, a win is a win, and Murray was almost used to the point of exhaustion. Good job Demarco. I am wondering if Dez is going to bitch about his shoulder and ankle next week.

CenTexDave
September 14th, 2014, 3:54 PM
Hey, anything can happen in the NFL. The Browns even beat New Orleans today. :)

Rick
September 14th, 2014, 5:30 PM
Ya they did! Woohoo!

fchafey
September 14th, 2014, 9:05 PM
And Buffalo is 2-0!

cnjbond
September 21st, 2014, 9:43 PM
Dallas had a good win today, although it was U.G.L.Y, they ain't got no alibi, they ugly!!!
I'm still not patting Romo on the back yet because that INT was horrible and then he under throws a WIDE OPEN Dez Bryant to the point to where he literally had to stop and wait on the ball. Having said that, he did a little better hitting his targets and putting the ball where it needed to be than he did last week.

I don't know what it is with this defense and backup QBs but they make them look like Joe Montana!! And Murray, hang on to the dang ball man!!!

Night Owl
September 21st, 2014, 11:07 PM
I'm impressed that Romo is even on the field with his back. It takes at least 2 years to get back to 100%.

fchafey
September 21st, 2014, 11:12 PM
Saw the Cowboy highlights on sportscenter, they did well, really well. How they got there to do well is another issue. 2-1, Saints on Sunday night, maybe they will rise up and give them a run for it at home.

CenTexDave
September 22nd, 2014, 6:16 AM
The Saints are very vulnerable this year. They've let a number of good defensive players walk rather than pay the big $$ to keep them.
Hell, even the Browns beat them. :)

fchafey
September 26th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Was hoping to be able to see the game in my living room, but alas I have to settle for Ali Al Salami....Giants are finally 2-2, right on course for that 9-7 season. Hope the Texan's win Sunday, don't know who they play, computers are jammed here in Bagram. Good luck to the 'Boys Sunday night.

CenTexDave
September 26th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Yeah, but brother did they ever take it to the 'Skins!!!!

cnjbond
September 26th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Cousins looked like Romo out there!!

CenTexDave
September 27th, 2014, 8:19 AM
Yep, sure did. So much for the talk that Cousins will replace Griffin.

cnjbond
September 28th, 2014, 4:48 PM
Yep, sure did. So much for the talk that Cousins will replace Griffin.

LOL, that's the same thing I said during the game! I bet they're consulting the voodoo doctor now to get that ankle healed up quickly!

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2014, 8:23 PM
OMG, The Cowboys are winning 10-0. This defense looks decent. Something is wrong!!!!!!!!! :)

sojourner truth
September 28th, 2014, 8:33 PM
17-0 now... Just wait for it Dave... Wait for it.

Never underestimate the Cowboys ability to snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory.

What they need is Jerry on the sidelines to complete the picture.

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2014, 9:19 PM
I don't think so, at least not tonight. The Saints aren't the same.
Wow - Murray just took it in. 31-3.

sojourner truth
September 28th, 2014, 9:23 PM
Wow!!! Who stole the Cowboys and put these guys in their uniforms?

Williams looks great. Sic 'em Bears. Even Murray is going good tonight.

Crap, they almost make Romo look good...Almost. And Jerry is cracking his face up in the nose bleed area. I'm surprised all that botox isn't leaking out his ears.

Someone was explaining it pretty well... Once you get rid of all the high dollar old timers and get some good new meat in the mix, you can expect to play better.

Night Owl
September 28th, 2014, 9:34 PM
All they have needed was a running game. They haved learned a running game wins games.

I hope.:))

CenTexDave
September 28th, 2014, 9:40 PM
The O-line is much better than last year's version.

sojourner truth
September 28th, 2014, 9:51 PM
Well, they still have Doug Free, so it ain't over yet with the old guys.

cnjbond
September 28th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Wow, I couldn't believe what my I just witnessed. That definitely looked like a different team out there...there just might be something there if they can get that defense healthy!

Rob Ryan might be in the unemployment line again!

circle_c
September 29th, 2014, 9:11 AM
TE Jason did a great job blocking for an ole timer. (as usual)

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2014, 9:55 AM
And Morris Claiborne got hurt again. This guy has turned out to be a wasted #1 draft pick. He's been injured more than he has played. Guess he won't have to worry about Scandrick starting in his place now. :)

sojourner truth
September 29th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Someone put up a stat on Ryan last night that showed he has taken the Saints defense from last rated in the league to the 4th ranked...

I don't think anyone could have slowed down the Boys much last night..

I think they've been watching Baylor highlights.........

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2014, 11:59 AM
The announcers - Al Michael and Cris Collinsworth - commented on the Boys' new playcaller. Sure seems to have come up with a good game plan.
Ryan is a good defensive coordinator, but from what I've read it is a very complicated scheme and the Saints have lost a few Pro Bowlers from the defense over the last couple of years.
I just don't think he was ready for the Cowboys new offensive scheme.

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2014, 4:42 PM
Just announced - Claiborne is out for the season. This guy is a wasted #1 draft pick.

cnjbond
September 29th, 2014, 5:02 PM
Big waste, hate to see him go down with an injury but he wasn't contributing enough for what they paid for him!

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2014, 6:10 PM
His third season and by the end of this season will have missed more games than he's played. Some are just injury prone. Hope this doesn't happen to Griffin. :)

sojourner truth
September 29th, 2014, 6:47 PM
My wife was trying to figure out if this guy actually played a full game for the Boys. She's researching it tonight.

CenTexDave
September 29th, 2014, 6:54 PM
Let us know what she finds please.

cnjbond
October 5th, 2014, 8:45 PM
Doesn't look like Claiborne was missed at all but boy oh boy did they gashed with the run. I'm not sure why Dallas didn't start loading the box and dare Fitzpatrick to beat them. I know the secondary is pretty suspect but giving up nearly 200 yards in rushing is ridiculous! On a positive note, Rolando McClain is a beast...please stay healthy buddy!!!! That would've been a scary linebacker tandem if Sean Lee could've stayed healthy...

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2014, 9:25 PM
I think they are this year's NFL surprise - at least so far. Doesn't appear to be any undefeateds left after the Pats destroy the Bengals tonight.

cnjbond
October 12th, 2014, 4:07 PM
The Boys are looking pretty good so far this game minus the botched special teams play....but Aikman's calling the game, so look out for the curse!!!!

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2014, 4:15 PM
I realize Murray is their horse, but that Randall is really good too.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2014, 4:16 PM
Hey...........Browns beat the Steelers, 35-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2014, 4:40 PM
This is great. The Cowboys have finally figured out how to win.:)!!

cnjbond
October 12th, 2014, 4:44 PM
They are looking REALLY good but I don't want to jinx them...lol.
I like this new fired up defense but I hope they haven't sparked a fire in the Seattle defense with all the fighting!!

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2014, 5:01 PM
These refs aren't letting Sherman get away with anything today. :)

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2014, 5:11 PM
Yep, we jinxed them.

sojourner truth
October 12th, 2014, 5:21 PM
This is great. The Cowboys have finally figured out how to win.:)!!

Nope... Don't worry Dave... They got amnesia again.

How many times do they have to lose the football through dumb mistakes before they do some snap count practice. Romo is looking lame again.

cnjbond
October 12th, 2014, 5:21 PM
Yep, we jinxed them.

Big TIME!!!

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2014, 5:24 PM
Self destruct mode kicks in.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2014, 5:42 PM
This is gonna be a nail biter.
If they don't resign that PK to a long term deal with a hefty raise they are crazy.

cnjbond
October 12th, 2014, 6:15 PM
This is gonna be a nail biter.
If they don't resign that PK to a long term deal with a hefty raise they are crazy.

Hopefully Jerry has learned his lesson on how important a good PK is because I can remember the long stretch of seasons where Dallas would have to go for it on 4th down in field goal range because they didn't have a reliable kicker. Now these jokers are content with getting it within a 50 yard try because of how good Bailey is!

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2014, 6:16 PM
Heee Hawwww

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2014, 6:21 PM
HELL DAMN YES!!!!!!!!!!

cnjbond
October 12th, 2014, 6:24 PM
It ain't over yet...I don't hear my neighbor's wife singing!!! :)

sojourner truth
October 12th, 2014, 6:28 PM
Well, what do you know... Now, lets see if the boys can mess this up in less than a minute.:))

cnjbond
October 12th, 2014, 6:29 PM
How do you get a freaking penalty at this point in the game....STUPID!!!!!!

cnjbond
October 12th, 2014, 6:33 PM
Now I hear her...way to go Cowboys!!!! Unfortunately I had Russell Wilson starting on my fantasy football team and he only gave me 10 points!!!

Night Owl
October 12th, 2014, 8:07 PM
Romo and the 'boys played a great game. The Special Teams almost blew it but it is a great win.

CenTexDave
October 13th, 2014, 7:01 AM
And the Eagles blew the doors off Eli and the Giants. Love it. Not that I love the Eagles, just don't like Eli and the Giants.:)
Cowboys and Eagles are tied for first in their division at 5 - 1. This is shaping up to be an exciting year. Murray leads the NFL in rushing. He's on pace to have a shot at 2000 yards. Hope he stays healthy.

fchafey
October 13th, 2014, 8:16 AM
Who saw that coming? I thoguht the Eagles would be where they are, think Chip Kelly has them pointed in the right direction. Those that got up at 0100 this morning to watch the Saettle/Dallas game and are Seahwks fans were wondering how Dallas didnt score more...Hope they keep it up, they read real well right now.

cnjbond
October 13th, 2014, 8:53 AM
And the Eagles blew the doors off Eli and the Giants. Love it. Not that I love the Eagles, just don't like Eli and the Giants.:)
Cowboys and Eagles are tied for first in their division at 5 - 1. This is shaping up to be an exciting year. Murray leads the NFL in rushing. He's on pace to have a shot at 2000 yards. Hope he stays healthy.

I don't like the Eagles either but I have their defense on my fantasy team and they helped me win by giving me 17 points!!

CenTexDave
October 13th, 2014, 10:02 AM
I saw that Redskins' owner, Daniel Snyder, had the Chief of the Navajo Nation and his wife as guests for yesterday's Skins and Cardinals game.
I wonder what Harry Reid is thinking now. :))

Night Owl
October 13th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I don't like the Eagles either but I have their defense on my fantasy team and they helped me win by giving me 17 points!!
So do I. Didn't need them since I blew my opponent out of the water 225 to 98.:))

cnjbond
October 14th, 2014, 11:23 AM
You've GOT to be kidding me:

cowboys-joseph-randle-arrested-monday-charged-with-theft (http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014/10/cowboys-joseph-randle-arrested-monday-charged-with-theft.html/)

CenTexDave
October 14th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Incredible. Better start checking the waiver wire for running backs.

cnjbond
December 21st, 2014, 4:19 PM
Cowboys are putting a spanking on the Colts...I'm scared I'm about to wake up from this dream!!!!

CenTexDave
December 21st, 2014, 4:33 PM
Hell, Mr. Bond - the Browns came within a few seconds of beating the Colts.
I think Andrew Luck is the most over-hyped young QB since Ryan Leaf. lol
The the defense is playing great and Romo has looked fabulous.

cnjbond
December 21st, 2014, 4:49 PM
Hell, Mr. Bond - the Browns came within a few seconds of beating the Colts.
I think Andrew Luck is the most over-hyped young QB since Ryan Leaf. lol
The the defense is playing great and Romo has looked fabulous.

I wouldn't call him overhyped, he's had a few come from behind wins and is a pretty sharp QB. But I agree that he's probably be more "LUCKY" than good in some of those wins.

We also have to keep in mind that the Colts are missing some of their starters, namely TY Hilton.

CenTexDave
December 21st, 2014, 5:34 PM
Everybody has people hurt this time of the year. The Browns are missing something like 8 starters. Of course, with them it doesn't matter. They're still crappy even with those guys. :))

cnjbond
December 21st, 2014, 7:01 PM
How bout dem Cowboys?! FINALLY going back to the playoffs as Division Champs!!!

kantwin
December 21st, 2014, 7:04 PM

CenTexDave
December 21st, 2014, 7:30 PM
Nah, not this year.
Hopefully they'll win in the first round. Still have an outside chance for a 1st round bye, but at least will host a wild card game. But the NFC's two wild cards will be good teams - probably Arizona and Detroit.

cnjbond
December 21st, 2014, 7:36 PM
They've already exceeded my expectations for the year so everything else is icing on the cake from here on out!

sojourner truth
December 21st, 2014, 7:59 PM
The boys were outstanding today... Makes me wonder, after watching this, why the Colts have done so good this year.

I thought Jerry was going to soil himself, and was going down on the field again.

I am almost convinced they let the Colts put a score on the board just to keep them from losing their shutout reputation. Can't remember the facts, but it was something like 25 years since the Colts lost in a shutout.

cnjbond
December 21st, 2014, 8:08 PM
Jerry might need to bring Gov Christie to all of the games. The Boys are 2-0 with him in the VIP suite!!! :thumbsup

fchafey
December 21st, 2014, 10:03 PM
Whatever works, that is an awfully big rabbits foot. That offensive line for Dallas has gel'd at the right time. Keeping Romo upright and giving him time it is working so far. Nice to see the Cowboys win the division and it is looking like they will get the Packers or Lions at home.

cnjbond
December 21st, 2014, 10:40 PM
Whatever works, that is an awfully big rabbits foot. That offensive line for Dallas has gel'd at the right time. Keeping Romo upright and giving him time it is working so far. Nice to see the Cowboys win the division and it is looking like they will get the Packers or Lions at home.

Yep, that's a tough draw for the number 3 seed. Not much for them to play for next week unless both the Cardinals and Seahawks lose with a win giving the Cowboys the number 2 seed. Unfortunately the Cowboys play an early game and both the Cardinals and Seahawks play late games, so Dallas won't have the luxury of knowing whether to rest their starters or not as a result of those two games. I'd probably play the starters the 1st qtr and at the most the 1st half and then put in the backups.

siamcat
December 22nd, 2014, 12:08 AM
The Lions won today:)

Night Owl
December 22nd, 2014, 12:59 AM
They need to sit Murray.

cnjbond
December 28th, 2014, 5:05 PM
Well, I guess the Cowboy leadership has chosen once again to not listen to any of the armchair quarterbacks here on the forum because not only did they NOT rest the starters but they played them for all but the last 2mins of the game. That was stupid, especially with the way the game was going with all the cheap shots being thrown...I think Garrett was one key injury away from going from one of the front runners for Coach of the Year to the Biggest Imbecile!

Now that onside kick was a thing of beauty, totally unexpected and well executed. I was also impressed with the defense for most of the game, save for the big plays they are known to give up in every game. I just hope the injury report is on the light side for next week's game...

sojourner truth
December 28th, 2014, 5:22 PM
Well, they were playing the hapless Redskins... Uh... Aboriginal Americans...

I just saw their division history... Sucking the pond scum in the division for 6 out of the last 7 years... I knew they were bad, I just didn't realize how bad. It would have been nice to see how RGIII could have done given an offensive line and a few decent receivers.

fchafey
December 28th, 2014, 7:42 PM
Cowboys will get the Lions in Dallas, should be a good game. Good thing no one got hurt in the Redskins game.

CenTexDave
December 28th, 2014, 8:04 PM
Well, they were playing the hapless Redskins... Uh... Aboriginal Americans...

I just saw their division history... Sucking the pond scum in the division for 6 out of the last 7 years... I knew they were bad, I just didn't realize how bad. It would have been nice to see how RGIII could have done given an offensive line and a few decent receivers.

Good observation. That's the way it's been all year there One of those INTs right into a receiver's hands and out of it. 4 or 5 more dropped passes. Offensive line that is absolutely horrendous.
The problem in D.C. isn't RGIII, or any of those QB's. They sold the farm to get Griffin and have slim pickings in the next draft. They'll have to live with it.

sojourner truth
December 28th, 2014, 8:14 PM
And speaking of the Lions... They evidently have a QB who can't hit the broad side of a bulls ass with a bass fiddle... And when he does, their receivers drop the ball like it was on fire.

I hate to think about what the Boys will do to them. Of course...any given Sunday and all that.

Still, Detroit has just about as bad a record as the Native Americans from Washington.... Heh heh....

I had hoped that Cleveland would have done a bit better this year. And shed no tears over SF having done so crappy either. Oakland... fergit it... Sad year for Californians.

Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of watching the Colts, Patriots, and Broncos almost every other night? Seems the TV folks must think everyone is fascinated by these 3.

fchafey
December 28th, 2014, 8:19 PM
San Diego apparently choked against the Chiefs who didnt start Smith for his spleen issue. I guess the one good thing about AFN showing the NFL is that they have to be so politically correct we have gotten all the teams this season. Until Brady and Manning go away though I am sure they will be the main attraction until the rest of the NFC East gets good again, then they will dominate the late football games. The rest of the league is pretty bland right now.

cnjbond
December 29th, 2014, 6:04 PM
Looks like the Boys have received a belated Christmas present:

lions-dt-suh-suspended-playoff-game (http://news.yahoo.com/lions-dt-suh-suspended-playoff-game-201129637--spt.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=fb)

I guess it doesn't pay to be a dirty player after all!!

fchafey
December 29th, 2014, 7:50 PM
I wonder how he only got a game suspension, especially after the last time he had to have a sit down with Goodell and promise to be a real good boy. Dallas shouldnt have an issue seeings Stafford hurt his throwing hand and teh Cowboys offensive line has really come together. As long as they and Murray stay healthy, they will be certainly formidible in teh playoffs. Of course a win and it is off to Green Bay, but then again they are undefeated on the road this year as well. Certainly a suprise this year, not many saw this coming.

sojourner truth
December 29th, 2014, 8:24 PM
Ya think? If the O line gave Tony any more time, he could write a letter home to mama before tossing the pigskin.

Still, you gotta admit they came a lot farther than any of us skeptics would have thought. Luck? Maybe. No wait... he plays for the Colts, and they are gonna need all the luck they can muster.

Night Owl
December 29th, 2014, 8:28 PM
They don't need any luck if they play the way they did to get to 12 wins. When they try to go back to pass, pass, pass then they will lose. A little luck won't hurt.

CenTexDave
December 29th, 2014, 8:37 PM
Suh just tries to hurt people. The NFL has had enough of his act. He's played his last game for the Lions. As good as he is, I doubt they want him back.

fchafey
December 29th, 2014, 8:39 PM
Maybe his Alma Mater will hire him as their defensive coordinator.....

CenTexDave
December 29th, 2014, 9:24 PM
5/5 :))

cnjbond
December 30th, 2014, 5:19 PM
The Grinch is alive and well :(

ndamukong-suh-suspension-overturned-top-lions-defender-will-play-vs.-cowboys (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20141230-ndamukong-suh-suspension-overturned-top-lions-defender-will-play-vs.-cowboys.ece)

CenTexDave
December 30th, 2014, 6:37 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Cowboys will win this going away.

CenTexDave
December 31st, 2014, 8:58 AM
Saw on ESPN this morning where some "analyst" thinks Detroit has the edge in talent. Hmmmm...........
I'll give Detroit the edge on defense, especially with Suh back in the lineup. Melton is out for the Cowboys and that can't help.
But I give the Cowboys the edge on offense. I figure Bryant/Williams/Witten will cancel out Johnson/Tate. As long as Romo doesn't revert back to his days of yesteryear and toss a bunch of INTs the Boys will score. Add in Bailey and the Cowboys have the edge as far as I'm concerned.
Will Dallas win? Damned if I know, but sure hope so.

cnjbond
December 31st, 2014, 9:37 AM
If the Dallas defense can't get any pressure on Stafford then it's a wrap because that secondary won't be able to hold up to the pressure of covering Tate and Megatron for that long. They don't even need sacks, just get enough pressure on him to hurry his passes a little should do the trick. Oh yeah and keep Bush contained!!!!!

CenTexDave
December 31st, 2014, 11:01 AM
Stafford has a very strong arm, also can erratic and inaccurate at times. Let's hope Sunday is one of those times.

fchafey
December 31st, 2014, 8:18 PM
Stafford also injured his throwing hand last Sunday, not sure to what extent, but a win sends the 'Boys to Green Bay. Good luck.....

CenTexDave
December 31st, 2014, 8:20 PM
I'd rather play at Green Bay than Seattle. Yeah, the Cowboys won in Seattle earlier this year, but the Seahawks are a different team now.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 3:53 PM
Looks like Golden Tate just shut Barry Church up with that TD...come on Cowboys, let's go!!!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 4:23 PM
They don't look good at all.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 4:26 PM
They look TERRIBLE!!! I hope they finally wake up...Dallas should play all of their home games away!

Grammar Rules
January 4th, 2015, 4:29 PM
Awful.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 4:39 PM
Romo is getting killed back there. This "All-World" offensive line isn't doing their job.

kimchee
January 4th, 2015, 4:44 PM
can not be disappointed pulling for whomever the chokeboys play in playoffs - press clippings go to their heads.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 4:49 PM
can not be disappointed pulling for whomever the chokeboys play in playoffs - press clippings go to their heads.

Same thing I said today...you better watch out for a Cowboy collapse once the sports writers start singing their praises. This team still doesn't know how to handle success.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 4:52 PM
Something ain't right with Romo. He passes have no zip at all.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 4:54 PM
And as soon as I type the above Romo tosses a TD!!!!!!!! :))

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 4:54 PM
FINALLY a TD!!! And boy did they need that one!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 5:11 PM
Didn't need to let them get a FG at the end of the half though.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 5:16 PM
Hopefully the Cowboys will wake up and decide to play some football in the 2nd half.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 5:19 PM
They're losing the battle of the line of scrimmage on both sides.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 5:23 PM
INT - needed that.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 5:26 PM
Good Lord - Bailey misses a FG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hex/choke/whatever you want to call it continues.

Grammar Rules
January 4th, 2015, 5:29 PM
Wondering what's on HBO.....

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 5:29 PM
Good Lord - Bailey misses a FG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hex/choke/whatever you want to call it continues.

That 10 yard sack didn't help much, Romo had time to get rid of the ball!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 5:32 PM
If they score here we are screwed.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 5:35 PM
If they score here we are screwed.

It's looking bad but I'm not willing to give up on them just yet.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 5:37 PM
Yeah - I'll wait another 5 minutes. :))

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 5:42 PM
Good catch and run by Bryant. Definitely needed that.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 5:44 PM
Dallas definitely needs a TD on this one because a field goal won't help!

Grammar Rules
January 4th, 2015, 5:47 PM
Finally.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 5:47 PM
Definitely needed that. Now play some damn DEFENSE.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 5:49 PM
Definitely needed that. Now play some damn DEFENSE.

I would say the defense was playing pretty good if they would stop giving up the big plays. Another stop on this next Detroit possession and it's a ball game!

Night Owl
January 4th, 2015, 5:50 PM
Has to be Romo's fault.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 5:56 PM
Well so far it looks like Dallas has made the halftime adjustments on defense.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:02 PM
Has to be Romo's fault.

It is now. 2 sacks in a row.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 6:04 PM
He could've run for the 1st down on that last sack instead of playing hide and go seek!!!!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:06 PM
Have them backed up - need a 3 and out.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:07 PM
So much for that idea. :)

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 6:15 PM
I think we got away with that PI call.... :)

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:15 PM
The Lion are starting to falter. Need to take advantage of it right now.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:20 PM
No, kick it away. If they don't make this 4th and 6 they give the ball over at midfield.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 6:20 PM
This 4th and 6 might just be the ball game.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:21 PM
YES!!!! Witten finally did something!!!!!!!!

Grammar Rules
January 4th, 2015, 6:27 PM
Pain....look at the moon...breathe....it's beautiful....better now a little...

Grammar Rules
January 4th, 2015, 6:28 PM
Much better!

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 6:28 PM
O-Line did a Heckuva job on that one!!! Good throw too!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:29 PM
HEE HAW NOW PLAY SOME D AND GET A TURNOVER

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 6:32 PM
Now I'm nervous because Dallas will probably go into a prevent defense since the Lions need a TD and not just a FG to win! We all know what prevent defense does....prevents you from winning!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:36 PM
Damn fool tried to be a hero - just fall on it.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 6:37 PM
Did Leon Lett come out of retirement, what was that?!!!!!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:41 PM
D E F E N S E

Rick
January 4th, 2015, 6:42 PM
That was a fast PayPal deposit. It got there in time to overturn that pass interference call.

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 6:45 PM
HELL DAMN YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 6:48 PM
I told you that you can't count them out yet...good job!!!

sojourner truth
January 4th, 2015, 6:53 PM
An ugly win.... But I'll take it.

They need a whole lot of work on their O and D before the next game.... Green bay is not quite as forgiving as the Lions were today...

Tony didn't know how to act when his O line didn't give him 10 seconds or more to pass. And what happened to Murray? Williams and Beasley were my heroes today. Notice how Tonys 1st half accuracy was way off.

And they had darn well fix the penalty situation fast too.... But congrats anyhow.

Time to really get to work on the game plan.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 6:57 PM
I honestly think they match up better against Green Bay than they did against the Lions but it'll definitely be a tough game if the offense waits that long to get in gear!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 7:00 PM
The Lions' defense is great. Against Green Bay about they have to worry about is Clay Matthews' blitzes from the linebacker position. Cowboys will score; question is can they stop Green Bay?

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 7:25 PM
The Lions' defense is great. Against Green Bay about they have to worry about is Clay Matthews' blitzes from the linebacker position. Cowboys will score; question is can they stop Green Bay?

I hope the healing is coming along very slowly on Aaron Rodgers' calf! :)

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 7:28 PM
Man, is the poop ever hitting the talk boards about that PI flag that they picked up. It looked like PI to me - contact before the ball got there.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 7:33 PM
That's because it was PI, but the Lions got away with one as well.

fchafey
January 4th, 2015, 7:34 PM
Yes it is, I took a ton of abuse in the DFAC watching this game when that happened......I was rooting for the Cowboys, kind of like an NFC East type thing. What a gift picking that flag up.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 7:47 PM

I just looked at the overall rankings of NFL defenses and the Packers are a solid 15 or higher, it's gonna be another tough one!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 7:48 PM
The Lions' D was ranked #2. Will be a very tough game, in a harsh and cold and unfriendly environment. At least it is the early game on Sunday, not a Sat night game where it would probably be -20 wind chill.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2015, 8:08 PM
Weather.com is calling for a high of only 19 for Sunday's game. Should be some good, smash mouth in the trenches kind of football!

CenTexDave
January 4th, 2015, 8:55 PM
Another Ice Bowl.

kantwin
January 4th, 2015, 9:51 PM
Go, Pack, Go!

gvls78
January 4th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Go Cowboys!!!

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2015, 6:26 AM
Go Buckeyes.
Ooops............wrong forum. :)

sojourner truth
January 5th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Dallas' offensive line had more holes than a sieve yesterday. Romo had no time to set up (well, at least a lot less time than he was used to). He is going to have to spot his guys faster, and get rid of the ball in under 5 seconds or Mathews will eat his lunch and give him change.

And in that weather, not lookin' good for the boys...

Just the thought of Green Bay and New England in the bowl is enough to make me lose my lunch.... And that is what I predict will happen.

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Yeah, or Seattle and New England.
The line made a few adjustments in the second half and saved his butt, but you're right - in the first half they looked bad. Of course Detroit's defensive front is the best in football so probably a bit understanding.

cnjbond
January 5th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I think Dallas will surprise a few folks by playing some inspired football this weekend. They should be able to get some good results by using the same formation they came out with in the second half instead of the heavier package they were using in the 1st half. The three receiver set forced the Lions to open the box a little which allowed Murray a little extra room to run...all it takes is one or two missed tackles to keep the defense on their heels.

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2015, 1:10 PM
And that's why that spread has been so successful in college.

Night Owl
January 5th, 2015, 2:23 PM
My oldest daughter and her hubby are big time Packem fans. He is from Wiscommsin. Talked to her last week and they were wanting Detroit to win real bad. They knew this would be a bad week for them. They don't think GB can beat Dallas because of the running game. But even more importantly they have to put up with me all week.:))

cnjbond
January 5th, 2015, 5:55 PM
And that's why that spread has been so successful in college.

I hope looks at his running back more often for the dump passes when the receivers are all covered. There were a few times he could've just checked down to the RB and at least got 3-4 yards instead of sacked or throwing an incomplete pass.

sojourner truth
January 5th, 2015, 8:09 PM
I thought I heard someone on the sidelines yelling "Run Forrest, run"....:))

But then, Romo runs from no man... Even when it could get a first down... Too much like actual work.

CenTexDave
January 6th, 2015, 5:55 AM
I think he's been told to stop playing RGIII. He's 34 years old now- ripe time for a bundle of injuries.

circle_c
January 6th, 2015, 8:22 AM
The Dallas Cowboys don't waste any time on trying to cash in on their playoff success.

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/dallas-cowboys-green-bay-packers-ice-bowl-ii-shirts-010415

http://www.centextalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=5264&stc=1
(http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/dallas-cowboys-green-bay-packers-ice-bowl-ii-shirts-010415)

CenTexDave
January 6th, 2015, 11:23 AM
It can be yours for a mere $25.99, then toss in another $7 or so for tax, shipping and handling. What a freaking deal!!!!!!!!!!

http://shop.dallascowboys.com/Cowboys-Catalog/Mens/T-Shirts/Short-Sleeve/Dallas-Cowboys-Ice-Bowl-2-Tee/p/150210183?ab=IceBowlModal

Thanks, Jerry, but I already have enough of your Cowboy crap.

cnjbond
January 14th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Just saw that both Garrett and Marinelli will be coming to coach next year for the Boys. A couple of solid draft picks for the secondary and they should be a good team!

CenTexDave
January 14th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Good article on ESPN.com today about what will happen to Murray. Jerry made him an offer of 5 years/$20M. Murray turned it down.
The Cowboys will use the franchise tag on Dez Bryant to be sure to keep him, leaving Murray with a decision - accept $20M or walk.
Personally, if I was him I'd accept it. He may get more in free agency but many teams are starting to recognize that running backs are plentiful and not worth $5M+ per year.

cnjbond
January 14th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Good article on ESPN.com today about what will happen to Murray. Jerry made him an offer of 5 years/$20M. Murray turned it down.
The Cowboys will use the franchise tag on Dez Bryant to be sure to keep him, leaving Murray with a decision - accept $20M or walk.
Personally, if I was him I'd accept it. He may get more in free agency but many teams are starting to recognize that running backs are plentiful and not worth $5M+ per year.

I didn't read the article yet but you also have to consider his injury history as well as his lack of ball security. The number 2 & 3 running backs did a good job when they came into the game so I don't see Dallas needing to throw more money at him either.

CenTexDave
January 14th, 2015, 2:22 PM
Exactly. Unfortunately the article said if they let Murray walk it would be interesting to see if Jerry picks up the phone and calls Adrian Peterson. lol

cnjbond
January 14th, 2015, 4:19 PM
Exactly. Unfortunately the article said if they let Murray walk it would be interesting to see if Jerry picks up the phone and calls Adrian Peterson. lol

I wouldn't bet against that happening. This is Texas and how many of us didn't grow up receiving the belt or (switch in this case) a time or two? Did he go to the extreme, probably but I'm sure all would be forgiven once the star was on his helmet!

CenTexDave
January 14th, 2015, 5:05 PM
I hope Jerry doesn't fall for it. Peterson is not what he was. Running backs, if they are lucky, have about 5 good years. Ones like Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jim Brown come along once a decade.

Night Owl
January 14th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Murray had one good season but his prior seasons were bust. I wouldn't pay him close to $5 mil a year.

cnjbond
January 15th, 2015, 10:15 AM
I'd say he's worth about $5 mil a year but that contract should have clauses in it that states he has to be healthy for X% of the season. Meaning his guaranteed money would be a lot less.

CenTexDave
January 15th, 2015, 1:02 PM
He was offered $4M/yr for 5 years.
I wouldn't up it. Let him go. Randall and Durant are good enough. Plus they don't have fumbleitis like Murray.

cnjbond
February 5th, 2015, 9:42 AM
Well it looks like the price tag to keep Murray just went up after this latest incident for Randle:

cowboys-rb-joseph-randle-arrested-again (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cowboys-rb-joseph-randle-arrested-again-172806411.html)

CenTexDave
February 5th, 2015, 4:45 PM
Another Josh Gordon. :))
Cut him. RB's are plentiful in any draft.

cnjbond
March 4th, 2015, 4:48 PM
Glad the Boys were able to bring Beasley back, he was very productive between the hashes.

source-cowboys-reach-agreement-on-a-4-year-deal-with-wr-cole-beasley (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/03/source-cowboys-reach-agreement-on-a-4-year-deal-with-wr-cole-beasley.html/)

CenTexDave
March 12th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Looks like Murray may be signing with the Eagles. The Eagles traded QBs with the Rams (Nick Foles to St. Louis, Sam Bradford to Philly). Bradford is Murray's old teammate and roommate at Oklahoma.

fchafey
March 12th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Well if he does that young offensive line Dallas has will make some new guy a star.

CenTexDave
March 12th, 2015, 4:45 PM
Indy has just waived Trent Richardson. Interesting. Never did much for the Colts but had a real good rookie season with the Browns.
Might be worth minimum money to take a look at him.

cnjbond
March 12th, 2015, 8:38 PM
Hate to see Murray go but he only played a full season ONCE and that was this past season. The Eagles definitely overpaid for him...I'm proud of JJ and crew for keeping his wallet in his pocket. The thing that's bothering me is all of the talent they're letting go on defense. I know none of these guys are star power players but I would say they're above avg. The biggest weakness on defense was the secondary and the one FA pickup I was hoping they would pull the trigger on ended up going back to the Jets.

I wonder if JJ is saving the money to make a run at Peterson or is this the "pull the purse strings tight" for a year to get back into better overall salary cap health.

CenTexDave
March 13th, 2015, 9:46 AM
I really think the reason Murray stated - "wants to win a Super Bowl and the Eagles have a better chance" - is full of poo-poo. They were 10-6 last year. They traded QBs with St Louis. I can't see Bradford doing much for them.
He states other teams offered him more. What teams? Sure is hush hush on NFL.com and ESPN.com about it.
Randall will do just fine behind the Cowboy's OL. He had a much better YPC average than Murray anyway.

CenTexDave
March 13th, 2015, 12:14 PM
The Boys wasted no time and have just signed Darren McFadden to a 2 year contract.
Good RB, but always injured.

onetime
March 13th, 2015, 3:04 PM
Be patient folks, you do not want to "lose your ass" during the free agency period, draft, or through bad trades. In terms of an overall program, this is the best the Cowboys have been as an organization since Parcels left and jimmy Johnson before that. As someone already mentioned, Demarcus played one full season since he was drafted and oh by the way this years draft is deep with rbs. Why would you want them to spend 15% of their cap money on a corner back? Get as many good players as you can, resign your good players at a cap friendly cost, build through the draft, and find a good to special QB and you will contend for the championship every year. Ex. Patriots, Seattle, packers, Broncos, Ravens. You will not see the teams that are trying to sign the biggest names and pay the most in signing bonuses contending Ex Washington, Miami, buffalo, etc. Be patient

fchafey
March 13th, 2015, 3:08 PM
The teams you noted have been almost half of the plaoff teams for at least the last 3 years. Everyone else has been iffy at best, to include my Giants. Those teams just stay competetive not flashy just good.

CenTexDave
March 13th, 2015, 4:26 PM
I agree there are RBs galore in this year's draft class. Doubt the Cowboys will grab one of the top ones though.

cnjbond
March 13th, 2015, 4:36 PM
I really think the reason Murray stated - "wants to win a Super Bowl and the Eagles have a better chance" - is full of poo-poo. They were 10-6 last year. They traded QBs with St Louis. I can't see Bradford doing much for them.
He states other teams offered him more. What teams? Sure is hush hush on NFL.com and ESPN.com about it.
Randall will do just fine behind the Cowboy's OL. He had a much better YPC average than Murray anyway.

I agree, it was ALL about the money and him feeling slighted by Dallas...I wish him well but I hope his fumble-itus returns with a vengeance!

I like Randle too but he may end up suspended if the allegations against him are true. The McFadden pick up was good insurance by the Boys because a healthy McFadden behind that line could do WONDERS!

onetime
March 13th, 2015, 5:40 PM
I agree there are RBs galore in this year's draft class. Doubt the Cowboys will grab one of the top ones though.
Lol, that's the irony, there is no such thing as a quote on quote top guy anymore because a lot of "other" guys are just as productive. I was listening to the radio earlier and there are a lot of really good rbs that weren't even drafted. The Cowboys will be able to get a good pick in the 3rd or 4th round that would have been a first rounder 5 or 10 years ago.

CenTexDave
March 14th, 2015, 7:50 AM
David Cobb from Univ of Minnesota via Killeen would look good in a Cowboy uniform.

cnjbond
March 14th, 2015, 8:21 AM
David Cobb from Univ of Minnesota via Killeen would look good in a Cowboy uniform.

I see Dallas going defense on day one IF Randle is still on the team but I wouldn't mind seeing a hometown boy with a star on his helmet...BTW, I'm still holding out hope that Dallas ends up with a HEALTHY RGIII! :thumbsup

CenTexDave
March 14th, 2015, 10:00 AM
It seriously is time to look for Romo's replacement, not just a year-to-year backup. Not a whole lot of QB talent in this year's draft unless they sell the farm and move up to try and grab Mariotta. Think I'd wait a year and see if I could get Cardale Jones if he decides to come out after next season. I don't think RG3 will ever be the same. Those injuries have slowed him down a step and think he's kind of "gun shy" now.

onetime
March 14th, 2015, 4:06 PM
It seriously is time to look for Romo's replacement, not just a year-to-year backup. Not a whole lot of QB talent in this year's draft unless they sell the farm and move up to try and grab Mariotta. Think I'd wait a year and see if I could get Cardale Jones if he decides to come out after next season. I don't think RG3 will ever be the same. Those injuries have slowed him down a step and think he's kind of "gun shy" now. Dave why waste picks on this? How often has it worked out when a team drafted a qb for the future when they had a pro bowler in house? You can not count, Tom Brady or Tony Romo (as they were late round/ free agent picks) Steve young (traded for), with the exception of Green bay having Aaron Rodgers fall out of the sky to the 20th pick for them, the practice has not worked. Draft for needs, they need defensive players, I think they should draft those guys and if they are high on a guy and they can bring him in as a free agent or 5th or 6th round draft pick then take him.

CenTexDave
March 14th, 2015, 6:02 PM
I'm not saying don't draft for the defense. It's obviously the weak link. But evidently Jones is satisfied that Dunbar will do the job because there have been quite a few free agent RBs being signed the last few days - Frank Gore, Reggie Bush, even Jones decided to try McFadden (whom I personally think is over the hill but at least won 't cost them much).
I guess you think Weeden can do the job if Romo gets hurt. At times he looks good; most of the time though he sucks.

kantwin
March 14th, 2015, 7:22 PM
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=5426&stc=1

onetime
March 14th, 2015, 8:38 PM
I'm not saying don't draft for the defense. It's obviously the weak link. But evidently Jones is satisfied that Dunbar will do the job because there have been quite a few free agent RBs being signed the last few days - Frank Gore, Reggie Bush, even Jones decided to try McFadden (whom I personally think is over the hill but at least won 't cost them much).
I guess you think Weeden can do the job if Romo gets hurt. At times he looks good; most of the time though he sucks.

Check out mcfaddens carries with the raiders, he was hurt for the most part, if he and Murray had come out in the same draft you'd take mcfadden every time. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a career resurrection with the Cowboys. Don't be surprised with they draft a college kid and cut their backup RB Randell.

CenTexDave
March 15th, 2015, 7:27 AM
Randall is one play away from being in prison. :)
McFadden is old for a RB and, like you said, always hurt. So was Murray except for last year. By your reasoning they should have grabbed Trent Richardson. :))

onetime
March 15th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Randall is one play away from being in prison. :)
McFadden is old for a RB and, like you said, always hurt. So was Murray except for last year. By your reasoning they should have grabbed Trent Richardson. :))

While you are laughing, I honestly think Richardson would have been a good pickup if they could have picked him up cheaply. He was productive his first year in the league with a below average QB and last year he performed without an offensive line. I think you will find that as long as the guy is not fumbling he will be just as good behind that offensive line with those WRs and that QB. Again they will draft or bring in a RB and concentrate on their defensive needs.

CenTexDave
March 15th, 2015, 12:34 PM
For a very cheap salary he would be worth a look. RB is like WR or DB- can never have too many of them.

CenTexDave
March 18th, 2015, 9:11 AM
Greg Hardy has visited the Cowboys and supposedly he and his agent are in talks with Jones. Would be a good addition to the DL if he can stay out of trouble.

cnjbond
March 18th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I'm a little worried about this pick up. The kid has tons of talent and tons of baggage...the WORST kind of baggage to have in the NFL right now. I'm all for second chances but I wonder what this will do to the locker room. There's a murderer, a shoplifter/assault, another accused of assault and who knows what else. That's a lot to put on the head coach and his staff to manage. If they get him, I hope he's worth it!

Come to think of it, the Cowboys were at their best when they had a locker room full of malcontents and criminals! :)

cnjbond
March 18th, 2015, 2:47 PM
Reports out that the Boys have agreed on terms of a one year deal!

CenTexDave
March 18th, 2015, 3:33 PM
At $11+M with incentives up to $13M. Costly, but he can be a difference maker.

cnjbond
April 1st, 2015, 2:36 PM
Dallas resigned McClain to a 1yr deal and also restructured Romo's contract....again. This is going to bite them in the butt in the next few years when Romo is forced to retire due to injuries and they're stuck with all that dead money counting against their Salary Cap. Just when I thought they'd turned the corner on the win now mentality and were going to suck it up now in order to put them on better footing for the future...uhhhhh, not so much.

CenTexDave
April 5th, 2015, 12:23 PM
This is Jerry's "win now" philosophy. And you're right - will definitely bite them in the butt in a few years, plus they still haven't found Romo's replacement.

fchafey
April 22nd, 2015, 3:40 PM
Good grief, here come the Cowboys jokes again.

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy has been suspended 10 games without pay for "conduct detrimental to the league," the NFL said in a statement

CenTexDave
April 22nd, 2015, 4:06 PM
He's going to appeal it and will probably have it decreased considerably because the charges were dismissed.
If not, he'll only be around for 6 games and they sure could use him for all 16.

sojourner truth
April 22nd, 2015, 4:25 PM
Just read the article... Nope, 10 games. And if you read the article on MSN.com you will get to see how many millions this is going to cost the cowboys... Just because he shows up for a workout ($1,2 million).... Certainly not worth the money for an untried resource with a history of issues that keep him off the field. The only bright spot?. They can dump him at the end of the year as a free agent.

These guys are starting to sound like they have taken lessons from the Texas Rangers on how to make a fortune while sitting on their asses and watching the games from the house... Excuse me... Their mansions.

fchafey
April 23rd, 2015, 7:51 AM
And Jerry said that he had planned for this to happen. Wow. Even Goerge Steinbrenner wasnt this crazy. Well maybe a little when he bought Randy Johnson for a year or so. If the Cowboys do wind up getting Peterson at least they can ride to counseling together, as long as Josh Brent isnt driving.

CenTexDave
April 23rd, 2015, 8:56 AM
They could probably afford Peterson now if not having to pay Hardy for 10 games. But I think Peterson's best days are far behind him. Same with McFadden, but at least he didn't cost the farm.

sojourner truth
April 23rd, 2015, 10:10 AM
6 Games... Nobody has lessened the penalty yet that I know of.

Sometimes I just think Jerry likes contributing to the millionaires club so these deadbeats can have a nice house to lay around in all day and watch the game.

cnjbond
April 23rd, 2015, 5:28 PM
I think he'll probably get 1 or 2 games knocked off after the appeal, although I think his sorry ______ is lucky he's still allowed to play football!

sojourner truth
April 23rd, 2015, 8:08 PM
Well, keep in mind he didn't play last year either, so it's all a moot point till he shows up and we see what he can still remember.

He ain't exactly "fresh".

sojourner truth
April 24th, 2015, 6:11 PM
Just saw an article on MSN.com where Romo has come out saying the Boys are going to win the superbowl in 16....

Time for more extensive offseason drug testing.

CenTexDave
April 25th, 2015, 10:23 AM
I read it too. I guess all that money has made him delusional.

sojourner truth
April 25th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I thought Jerry was about as dumb as they could get, but I also just heard that the Rangers are going to rehire Josh Hamilton... You know, the hapless slugger who is currently suspended and failing rehab for addiction issues... The one who couldn't hit a fastball over the middle of the plate with a bass fiddle...

SOmetimes I really wonder why these teams buy such problems and pay millions for them.

CenTexDave
April 25th, 2015, 12:35 PM
I also read that. They seriously have to be out of their minds - Hamilton hasn't even played this year due to injury. He's also probably drunk 24 hours a day now. :))

gvls78
April 25th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Josh is nt suspended he is rehabbing an injury here in Texas. A MLB arbitrator refused to suspend him so he is getting his full salary while doing rehab. Also he self reported his relapse and never tested positive. I am all for bringing him back in. It's a very low risk deal for Texas. They give up nothing and the Angels are paying 68 million of the 83 still owed. Josh was a beast here in Texas and can be again.

CenTexDave
April 25th, 2015, 1:04 PM
$17M for 3/4 of the season? :))

sojourner truth
April 25th, 2015, 1:05 PM
I believe there is still a $38 million deficit in his current contract. Someone is going to have to divvy up that cash. And based on his record, that just isn't a good expenditure of dollars... Hell, all you have to do is toss him fastballs low and away and he's an even easier out that Ian Kinsler was.

The Rangers need to spend that money on new hitting and pitching coaches, and pitchers. Seeing as how the current staff looks like they are even worse than last year... Which would be hard to do. That, and the fact than only a handful of their "sluggers" are hitting over .200. Fielder has become a particular embarrassment.

Meanwhile, the formerly worst player they had, Nellie Cruz, is burning up the league with his suddenly miraculous bat.

What is it with these Rangers? They can't do squat until after they are traded for looking like crap for a few years, then all of a sudden they perform miracles. And when the Rangers finally do get someone decent, they immediately get "Rangeritis"... Play one game and go on the injured list... Pathetic.

gvls78
April 25th, 2015, 5:47 PM
Come on guys. We get on the democrats for using bad math so don't be like them. The Rangers will owe Josh 15 million over THREE( read it three seasons Dave) so that's five million a year. Look up some current baseball salaries and then come back and tell me if thats not a good deal even at half the player he was. Make fun of him all you want for being an addict. But it's still a good deal for the Rangers.

cnjbond
April 25th, 2015, 6:20 PM
Hey, y'all take that crazy baseball talk to the baseball thread...this is about football, America's true pastime!! :)

CenTexDave
April 25th, 2015, 6:27 PM
Come on guys. We get on the democrats for using bad math so don't be like them. The Rangers will owe Josh 15 million over THREE( read it three seasons Dave) so that's five million a year. Look up some current baseball salaries and then come back and tell me if thats not a good deal even at half the player he was. Make fun of him all you want for being an addict. But it's still a good deal for the Rangers.

Will do, CJ, after this last reply: Hamilton is 33 years old. Injuries galore the last couple of years. He won't last 3 years.

cnjbond
April 30th, 2015, 10:26 PM
I really like the Cowboys 1st RD pick, although I'm a little concerned with his injury...at least it gives Dallas some flexibility when it comes to deciding whether or not to get rid of Carr and Claiborne.

CenTexDave
May 1st, 2015, 6:02 AM
Never heard of the guy. :)

cnjbond
May 1st, 2015, 6:53 PM
Neither have I but that's ok if he's better than Carr and Claiborne...which isn't saying much! :)

cnjbond
May 2nd, 2015, 3:47 PM
Well the Boys never cease to amaze me! So not only do they have a murderer, woman beater, mom beater, underwear thief, etc on the team....NOW they draft a guy so dumb that he smoked weed right before the NFL combine where he knew they were conducting drug tests!!!!

This just leads me to believe that Romo was right, the Cowboys are winning the Superbowl this year because we have just seen the reincarnation of the Cowboys of the 90's....HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!!!! :thumbsup

Rick
May 2nd, 2015, 4:48 PM
Hey, y'all take that crazy baseball talk to the baseball thread...this is about football, America's true pastime!! :)

At least the Rangers and Cowboys have something in common.

They both have the same chance of winning the Super Bowl. :bluerofl

birdfriend
May 2nd, 2015, 8:38 PM
I just read that the Cowboys signed Jameill Showers. I've read he's from Killeen but don't know what high school he attended.

Gramps
May 2nd, 2015, 9:04 PM
I just read that the Cowboys signed Jameill Showers. I've read he's from Killeen but don't know what high school he attended.
Shoemaker.
http://www.utepathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jameill_showers_850487.html

CenTexDave
May 2nd, 2015, 9:36 PM
Interesting. He was at A&M and was expected to be their starter when Manziel came to campus and won the job. Then he transferred to UTEP.

cnjbond
May 7th, 2015, 2:20 PM
Looks like JJ is doing everything he can to set the Boys up for a run at the Super Bowl this season!

reports-dallas-cowboys-sign-lsu-lineman-lael-collins (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/05/reports-dallas-cowboys-sign-lsu-lineman-lael-collins.html/)

CenTexDave
May 7th, 2015, 4:06 PM
That is an excellent signing. This guy would have been a first round or high second round pick if he didn't have to shy away from the draft because of his girl friend's death. He passed a lie detector test and is not a suspect in the death.

cnjbond
May 7th, 2015, 4:30 PM
I like the pickup!!!

I've been hard on JJ the past couple of seasons but it "appears" he might be turning things around (or his son)...aside from the questionable character issue additions. They could have a good run this year if they can stay healthy.

CenTexDave
May 7th, 2015, 4:57 PM
Hopefully they will be fighting for first place in the division when Hardy returns and he could be a difference maker if he's not in jail. :)

cnjbond
May 7th, 2015, 5:36 PM
Although I'm not a big Romo fan, he played better than I expected last year. I'm kind of concerned if he goes down to injury because their current backups SUCK!!!!

CenTexDave
May 7th, 2015, 6:01 PM
He did have a good year. Your concerns are very valid and makes me wonder when JJ is gonna wake up and realize he needs to draft a QB and do it sooner rather than later.
P.S. - maybe he can swing a deal for Johnny Manziel. :))

cnjbond
May 7th, 2015, 9:48 PM
I told someone today not to be surprised if he makes Johnny a Cowboy....