PDA

View Full Version : Glock may have competition

Dagobert II
July 20th, 2014, 8:57 PM
Competition for Glock may have arrived in the form of the Arsenal Firearms Strike One. Its made by an Italian company but was being considered for adoption by Russian security and special forces. The main claim to fame for this handgun is its barrel axis which is the closest to the hand of any handgun ever, combined with its recoil unlocking system which drops the barrel directly down instead of tilting the breach down. This supposedly reduces muzzle rise and facilitates keeping the sights on target. In full auto mode, its rate of fire is 1300 rounds/minute compared to the Glock's 1200. Of course all sorts of accessories can be added to it as well. One has a choice of either polymer or aluminum frame and the steel rails run the length of the frame. Magazines are available in standard 18 round or 30 round capacity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-yOEP0oLnk

Night Owl
July 20th, 2014, 9:13 PM
Italy? Really. I'm surprised they which end is the pointy end.:))

kantwin
July 20th, 2014, 9:15 PM
Italy? Really. I'm surprised they which end is the pointy end.:))
Beretta makes fine weapons, and they are Italian.

sojourner truth
July 20th, 2014, 9:34 PM
And wonderful combat weapons... Only dropped once.

Night Owl
July 20th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Much better than the French. Their weapons were never fired and dropped twice.:))

JoAnn Purser
July 21st, 2014, 7:26 AM
Wow

You know, girls love accessories.

Mestral
July 21st, 2014, 8:23 AM
Competition for Glock may have arrived in the form of the Arsenal Firearms Strike One. Its made by an Italian company but was being considered for adoption by Russian security and special forces. The main claim to fame for this handgun is its barrel axis which is the closest to the hand of any handgun ever, combined with its recoil unlocking system which drops the barrel directly down instead of tilting the breach down. This supposedly reduces muzzle rise and facilitates keeping the sights on target. In full auto mode, its rate of fire is 1300 rounds/minute compared to the Glock's 1200. Of course all sorts of accessories can be added to it as well. One has a choice of either polymer or aluminum frame and the steel rails run the length of the frame. Magazines are available in standard 18 round or 30 round capacity. [vid][eo]I didn't realize Glock owners really considered the Glock that much of a class all its own.
A couple aspects of this new design are intriguing, but I suspect it will be something not noticed until the pistol has been on the market for some months that will either make it or break it, in its ambition to be called the best.