PDA

View Full Version : My Son's Wedding: What a Great Weekend!

Rick
May 6th, 2014, 7:00 AM
I know there's a lot of drama here at CTT headquarters the past few days, but I have chosen to mostly ignore it in favor of something much more important.

My son married the love of his life on Saturday, May 3rd. They chose the Botanical Gardens in Fort Worth (https://fwbg.org/)and it was a great wedding venue. They took care of almost every detail for the guests, from booking a nice hotel close to their apartment, the restaurant where the rehearsal dinner was, and the Gardens. The reception was informal in one of the conference rooms of the hotel, so that no one had to worry about drinking and driving.

All we had to do was pay for most of it...lol We didn't have to, but we chose to.

They really get along well together and I haven't seen my wife this happy in years. Like someone told me, mom's are happy when their kids are happy. Truer words have never been spoken. Also, her cousin, cousin's husband, and her 83year old aunt/Godmother flew over from Germany last Thursday, so my wife went to Fort Worth to pick them up and stayed there until Sunday. I left to join them Friday morning. They will be staying with us this week, so I have the job of filling them up with Big Green Egg Texas BBQ.

On Sunday, I took them to Dealy Plaza before we headed south. Germans loved JFK and I thought it would be good for them to see that historic site.

Now, my son and daughter in law are preparing for another adventure. They are awaiting final paperwork before heading to Dubai to work on F-16's for a year or two.

Grammar Rules
May 6th, 2014, 7:02 AM
That is magnificent! Congrats and best wishes to everyone. Love it!

siamcat
May 6th, 2014, 7:19 AM
Congratulations, may they have a very happy life together.

sojourner truth
May 6th, 2014, 9:30 AM
Now, flip over the welcome mat, break his plate, and carry on.:))

Seriously, congratulations, and best wishes and prayers for everyone.

When my daughter got married, I made the mistake of going into her room and sitting on her bed like I used to when I would say goodnight to her every night. Never did a grown man cry more than I that evening.

Rick
May 6th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Speaking of breaking plates. Where my wife is from, the tradition is for the guests at the pre wedding dinner/party, to break anything breakable and the bride and groom have to clean it up to show how well they work together. The restaurant actually allowed them to do that, so my wife brought a bunch of our old ceramic dishes and they went to town inside the restaurant.

Night Owl
May 6th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Congrats Rick. You now have another daughter. It sounds like y'all had a great time.

circle_c
May 6th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Congratulations to all and best wishes for the newly weds.

CenTexDave
May 6th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Glad it was a good weekend for you. Was nasty on here. :)

sojourner truth
May 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
They aren't really gone until all their stuff is out of the attic.

Of course, they will always be in our hearts.

ethelm
May 6th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Sounds like it was a wonderful time. Glad all went well

ghostrider
May 8th, 2014, 8:44 AM
Now, flip over the welcome mat, break his plate, and carry on.:))

Seriously, congratulations, and best wishes and prayers for everyone.

When my daughter got married, I made the mistake of going into her room and sitting on her bed like I used to when I would say goodnight to her every night. Never did a grown man cry more than I that evening.

Sounds like that Gary Allen song.

gnatsum
May 8th, 2014, 6:03 PM
They aren't really gone until all their stuff is out of the attic.

Of course, they will always be in our hearts.

If they took all of their stuff out of the attic...then there'd be one less reason to come home...:)

JoAnn Purser
May 8th, 2014, 6:47 PM
Congrats to you and your family.

ithoughtso
May 8th, 2014, 7:52 PM
Here is wishing many years of happiness for them.

Rick
May 8th, 2014, 9:25 PM
...They will be staying with us this week, so I have the job of filling them up with Big Green Egg Texas BBQ.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/09/9egaquba.jpg
Mission accomplished!

Night Owl
May 8th, 2014, 9:39 PM
Those won't last a week.:))

Rick
May 8th, 2014, 9:55 PM
They didn't last a meal...lol

Monday, I "spatched" a couple of chickens, Tuesday, they wanted to go to Roadhouse, so on Wednesday, I cooked steaks on the Big Green Egg to show them that Tuesday was a mistake....lol

I took the afternoon off to smoke these. Wife said they were the best I ever made.

They fly tomorrow.

Mission accomplished. ;)

yankeerunner
May 10th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Congrats Rick to you and your family!