PDA

View Full Version : 2014 schedule

xzochye
April 4th, 2014, 8:46 AM
Yikes! I just saw the schedule for next year and we are playing in New Braunfels!

Rick
April 4th, 2014, 9:58 AM
Then you won't have far to go to watch them play...since that's where your new job is and all... :bluerofl

xzochye
April 4th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Then you won't have far to go to watch them play...since that's where your new job is and all... :bluerofl

Turns out that joke made him very upset. He is dying to move back there.

CenTexDave
April 4th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Tell me about it. Cove released their schedule last week. Pre-district games to open the season are: A&M Consolidated, Lake Travis, Round Rock and Schertz Clemens.
Guess that Mexican team got tired of losing by 60 points. :))

xzochye
April 4th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Tell me about it. Cove released their schedule last week. Pre-district games to open the season are: A&M Consolidated, Lake Travis, Round Rock and Schertz Clemens.

Ours are Bryan Rudder, Manor, Round Rock, and Canyon.

Night Owl
April 4th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Ours are Bryan Rudder, Manor, Round Rock, and Canyon.
I thought Manor was an elementary school.:))

xzochye
April 4th, 2014, 12:51 PM
I thought Manor was an elementary school.:))

Owl, that is why you shouldn't think too hard. It just doesn't pan out well for you.

The Manor in Killeen is a middle school. :))

Night Owl
April 4th, 2014, 1:09 PM
Owl, that is why you shouldn't think too hard. It just doesn't pan out well for you.

The Manor in Killeen is a middle school. :))
At least they have a football team. I thought Manor was scheduled so it would be a cake walk and an easy win. Now they will have to play.:))

gnatsum
April 4th, 2014, 3:54 PM
Not only that. but the folks down in Manor pronounce the name differently.
We pronounce it "May-ner".
They pronounce it "Man-ner".

beaver
April 4th, 2014, 5:59 PM
Not according to this pronunciation guide for newcomers:

http://www.austintexashomes.com/how-do-you-pronounce-visitors-guide-to-austin/

xzochye
April 4th, 2014, 6:12 PM
Not according to this pronunciation guide for newcomers:

http://www.austintexashomes.com/how-do-you-pronounce-visitors-guide-to-austin/

Your right. I have several friends that love there and I even looked into buying a house there and I always heard it pronounced May-nur.

Night Owl
April 4th, 2014, 7:08 PM
Xz, TMI.:))

Grammar Rules
April 4th, 2014, 10:23 PM

"Mexican" team, Dave? Do we play in Mexico? Or do we have another PC issue to debate? :doh

xzochye
April 4th, 2014, 10:28 PM
"Mexican" team, Dave? Do we play in Mexico? Or do we have another PC issue to debate? :doh

No, they are actually Mexicans from Mexico. We usually play them every year.

CenTexDave
April 4th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks, XZ.
They were from Monterrey, Mexico. Mexican national champs. They come up here to get trounced, but they have steadily improved year to year.

onetime
April 5th, 2014, 2:31 PM
That is a decent schedule to test the wolves, they will be tested but they are not facing any power house. Manor will be good and canyon will do some things that Shoe will not be accustomed to playing in this area. I think the schedule will be a good gauge on how they will do during district, I think they will go 2-2 with loses to Canyon and a tough 4a manor.

xzochye
April 5th, 2014, 2:36 PM
That is a decent schedule to test the wolves, they will be tested but they are not facing any power house. Manor will be good and canyon will do some things that Shoe will not be accustomed to playing in this area. I think the schedule will be a good gauge on how they will do during district, I think they will go 2-2 with loses to Canyon and a tough 4a manor.

Judging on how "well" you predicted them to do last year that means that SHS will go 4-0.

CenTexDave
April 5th, 2014, 4:37 PM
Although everyone wants to win all their games and go undefeated, pre-district really doesn't matter except for rankings.
Would you rather go undefeated and be knocked off in the first game of the playoffs, or lose one or two in pre-district and improve and make a good run in the playoffs?
That said, if Cove doesn't have a defense this year I see a record of 1 - 3 after pre-district. That defense last year sucked.

xzochye
April 5th, 2014, 4:54 PM
Although everyone wants to win all their games and go undefeated, pre-district really doesn't matter except for rankings.
Would you rather go undefeated and be knocked off in the first game of the playoffs, or lose one or two in pre-district and improve and make a good run in the playoffs?
That said, if Cove doesn't have a defense this year I see a record of 1 - 3 after pre-district. That defense last year sucked.

Amis Cove losing many players at the end of the year?

CenTexDave
April 5th, 2014, 6:09 PM
The main loss is their first team all-state WR Philip Baptiste. Still have Manny Harris back though. :)

onetime
April 6th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Judging on how "well" you predicted them to do last year that means that SHS will go 4-0.

I was right on the other schools and do not make it seem as if they are the next Aledo, the ball bounced their way in more then a few close games.

xzochye
April 6th, 2014, 11:16 AM
I was right on the other schools and do not make it seem as if they are the next Aledo, the ball bounced their way in more then a few close games.

I didn't make it seem as if they are the next anything. I don't care about the other schools I care about SHS. You were the one for the last 2 years saying they don't have a chance blah blah blah. Well they proved you wrong and they even brought down the best team in the district so the joke is on you buddy boy.