PDA

View Full Version : My Chart App from Scott & White

Grammar Rules
February 25th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Has anyone signed up for this? S&W is promoting it as a way to communicate with your doctor and (presumably) avoid office visits for minor, self-limiting ailments. I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe I will sign up this weekend.

mac
February 25th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Has anyone signed up for this? S&W is promoting it as a way to communicate with your doctor and (presumably) avoid office visits for minor, self-limiting ailments. I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe I will sign up this weekend.

i don't know what a "self limiting ailment" is but i have the VA version of this and find it pretty handy at times........my version also includes access to my doc or his clinic manager via email......mac

Grammar Rules
February 25th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Self-limiting ailments are those that will clear up on their own or with over-the-counter meds whether or not you go see the doctor.

Night Owl
February 25th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Then why go to the doctor? They will get better on their own.:)

Shotgun Jeremy
February 25th, 2014, 11:03 PM
i don't know what a "self limiting ailment" is but i have the VA version of this and find it pretty handy at times........my version also includes access to my doc or his clinic manager via email......mac

After 8 months of trying to get mine going, I just checked and I FINALLY have all the access upgrades! Before I could only submit for prescription refills. I'm looking forward to using the newly unlocked features here as I can. Seeing as how it's a 45 min drive each way for me, and now they don't even give you gas money on the spot to get back home...I hate going to the VA.

Grammar Rules
February 26th, 2014, 6:12 AM
Then why go to the doctor? They will get better on their own.:)

Oh my gosh, Hooter, the doctor or nurse tells the worried young mom what to put on the baby's rash and what else to check that might indicate something more serious. Or maybe they just tell an old guy to take a little blue pill. :))

CenTexDave
February 26th, 2014, 8:59 AM
I've been meaning to sign up for this with S&W, but don't understand how you do it. Can anyone tell me what is required?

circle_c
February 26th, 2014, 9:36 AM
You have to go in person and get a code that is good for a short period of time and use it to apply on line. with out the code word it's a nogo.

circle_c
February 26th, 2014, 9:42 AM
I like it so far, but have to Google quite a bit of medical terminology when reading reports from x-rays and CT scans etc. I would imagine some folks would rather not know what's in the reports if they are worried about a particular problem they may or may not have.

sojourner truth
February 26th, 2014, 10:01 AM
I've been meaning to sign up for this with S&W, but don't understand how you do it. Can anyone tell me what is required?

I went to my clinic last week and got hit up with this new program as well. No one actually explained anything to me, as S and W is currently converting all of its computer to a new system and the receptionists and clerks were still wrestling with the new system. Most like it, but it is new and NOT improved, evidently.

They gave me a pamphlet that said I could return to the clinic for an access code that would allow me in to the system. Haven't done it yet because I'm still trying to get used to my new doctor after my last doc passed away. He is not a good communicator...as you can go for an appointment and the only words he will say are "good morning" and "goodbye".

All of the data he has at his fingertips is analyzed by him, typed into the computer, printed out and handed to me. No personal interaction with the doctor at all. 15 minutes of silence, a printout, and then a kick out the door. Then, they call you (a nurse usually) and let you know when your next appointment is and what you need to do to prepare.

Oh, and if you use Expresscripts as I do, getting the clinic to actually fax Expresscripts with a prescription renewal is like pulling hens teeth. I have continually had to go down with a printed list and demand to see my nurse to get any results. Don't bother using Expresscripts auto refill app. Or don't just call the desk and tell them what you need...it's like giving data to a black hole.

As far as the chart produced with your health profile, you had better check it very carefully. Mine said I had a speech impairment (which I don't), that I was supposed to be taking 4 times the actual prescribed amount of 2 different medications (that took 3 days to straighten out) and that I needed a plantars wart removed (which was done 2 years ago). Seems the system not only puts in you actual doctors prescription, but also adds what the computer "thinks" the prescription should be.

A ton of problems with the system. Hopefully they will iron them out.

Dagobert II
February 26th, 2014, 10:25 AM
LOL, this is probably being done so the Obamunists can use the NSA to hack into everyone's medical records, declare everyone crazy, then send Heimat Sicherheitsdeinst to confiscate everyone's weapons.

CenTexDave
February 26th, 2014, 10:44 AM
You have to go in person and get a code that is good for a short period of time and use it to apply on line. with out the code word it's a nogo.

Normal - make an appointment just to receive a code to do this. And, of course, S&W will bill your insurance company $300+.

sojourner truth
February 26th, 2014, 12:05 PM
LOL, this is probably being done so the Obamunists can use the NSA to hack into everyone's medical records, declare everyone crazy, then send Heimat Sicherheitsdeinst to confiscate everyone's weapons.

Yeah...I thought about that too. The first thing they make you do is scan in your drivers license or some other form of photo ID. Like they don't know you by now. I mean, I've only been in the SW system for 15 years or so.

Once they have your ID, on subsequent visits, they can pull up everything about you in seconds, and even schedule future appointments so they do not conflict with any other appointments that you may have. Wonder if the HMOs cross-share that info. Wouldn't surprise me.

just2cents
March 1st, 2014, 1:55 PM
I went to my clinic last week and got hit up with this new program as well. No one actually explained anything to me, as S and W is currently converting all of its computer to a new system and the receptionists and clerks were still wrestling with the new system. Most like it, but it is new and NOT improved, evidently.

They gave me a pamphlet that said I could return to the clinic for an access code that would allow me in to the system. Haven't done it yet because I'm still trying to get used to my new doctor after my last doc passed away. He is not a good communicator...as you can go for an appointment and the only words he will say are "good morning" and "goodbye".

All of the data he has at his fingertips is analyzed by him, typed into the computer, printed out and handed to me. No personal interaction with the doctor at all. 15 minutes of silence, a printout, and then a kick out the door. Then, they call you (a nurse usually) and let you know when your next appointment is and what you need to do to prepare.

Oh, and if you use Expresscripts as I do, getting the clinic to actually fax Expresscripts with a prescription renewal is like pulling hens teeth. I have continually had to go down with a printed list and demand to see my nurse to get any results. Don't bother using Expresscripts auto refill app. Or don't just call the desk and tell them what you need...it's like giving data to a black hole.

As far as the chart produced with your health profile, you had better check it very carefully. Mine said I had a speech impairment (which I don't), that I was supposed to be taking 4 times the actual prescribed amount of 2 different medications (that took 3 days to straighten out) and that I needed a plantars wart removed (which was done 2 years ago). Seems the system not only puts in you actual doctors prescription, but also adds what the computer "thinks" the prescription should be.

A ton of problems with the system. Hopefully they will iron them out.
Do you think express scripts is better then Tricare or the VA? We get our meds by mail from the VA and some from Tricare and never have had any problems.

sojourner truth
March 1st, 2014, 3:38 PM
My wife never had any problems getting her meds through the VA either.

Expresscripts is Tricares preferred delivery system for meds. I use expresscripts because almost all of the meds are free except the more expensive ones, which are usually a $3 copay for a 90 day supply. Beats the heck out of paying about $120 a month going down to Walmart.

Expresscripts isn't my delivery problem... That is caused by my mediocre service from my S and W local clinic. Problem being that Expresscripts has it set up so that when you are getting low on meds, they request them to be renewed automatically from the doctors office via FAX. For some reason, either the FAX never seems to get there (which I doubt) or the clinic doesn't bother to read them and react. The clinic I use is like a black hole. I have even hand carried requests for renewals to them and have had them "disappear" into la la land.

My only gripe with Expresscripts is when they changed their website. Somehow, whenever a system that works is put in place, some chairbound genius decides he needs to justify his paycheck by reinventing the wheel. Which they did. And things have been crappy ever since.

But, crying about it doesn't do any good, so I just have to do what I have to do to make it work. That means going down to the clinic 3 times with hand carried requests for prescription renewals every 30 days. Oh, the clinic knows they have a problem, but it always winds up with me having to go down there and raise a stink.

siamcat
March 2nd, 2014, 6:46 PM
My wife never had any problems getting her meds through the VA either.

Expresscripts is Tricares preferred delivery system for meds. I use expresscripts because almost all of the meds are free except the more expensive ones, which are usually a $3 copay for a 90 day supply. Beats the heck out of paying about $120 a month going down to Walmart.

Expresscripts isn't my delivery problem... That is caused by my mediocre service from my S and W local clinic. Problem being that Expresscripts has it set up so that when you are getting low on meds, they request them to be renewed automatically from the doctors office via FAX. For some reason, either the FAX never seems to get there (which I doubt) or the clinic doesn't bother to read them and react. The clinic I use is like a black hole. I have even hand carried requests for renewals to them and have had them "disappear" into la la land.

My only gripe with Expresscripts is when they changed their website. Somehow, whenever a system that works is put in place, some chairbound genius decides he needs to justify his paycheck by reinventing the wheel. Which they did. And things have been crappy ever since.

But, crying about it doesn't do any good, so I just have to do what I have to do to make it work. That means going down to the clinic 3 times with hand carried requests for prescription renewals every 30 days. Oh, the clinic knows they have a problem, but it always winds up with me having to go down there and raise a stink.

For those with covered prescriptions that don't want to use Expressscripts I would highly recommend CVS. My daughter has a six month prescription and it's set up to auto renew. About 4 or 5 days before she runs out CVS calls me and lets me know it's ready for pick-up.
If there are no more refills they even contact the doctor to get it renewed and then fill it. If auto renew isn't available or not set up a real person calls you to let you know it's time to refill.

I don't know if I would want my medical records on-line. It might be convenient, but who has access and how secure is the network?

sojourner truth
March 2nd, 2014, 9:04 PM
Expresscripts is set up the same way with auto refills and notification of the doctor when meds are due for refill. The problem is with who you use as a clinic, and the type of staff they have.

Apparently. my clinic staff is brain dead.

mac
March 2nd, 2014, 10:57 PM
is the new hospital on ft. hood open yet? if so, does anyone know how their pharmacy is workin'? better than the old one or just the same ole wait.....mac

xzochye
March 2nd, 2014, 11:04 PM
For those with covered prescriptions that don't want to use Expressscripts I would highly recommend CVS. My daughter has a six month prescription and it's set up to auto renew. About 4 or 5 days before she runs out CVS calls me and lets me know it's ready for pick-up.
If there are no more refills they even contact the doctor to get it renewed and then fill it. If auto renew isn't available or not set up a real person calls you to let you know it's time to refill.

I don't know if I would want my medical records on-line. It might be convenient, but who has access and how secure is the network?

That's how Target is too. I love how quick Target is. I can drop the prescription off and go browse the dollar spot and then go back and get it. If there are a bit busy I walk down to Petco or Dollar Tree.

circle_c
March 3rd, 2014, 9:25 AM
is the new hospital on ft. hood open yet? if so, does anyone know how their pharmacy is workin'? better than the old one or just the same ole wait.....mac

No, and same ole wait.