PDA

View Full Version : Gun Safety

cnjbond
February 2nd, 2014, 12:06 PM
Delete

Mestral
February 2nd, 2014, 6:41 PM
Looks like it loaded correctly to me, unless it is supposed to be animated.

It does look like her weapon is in the process of departing her grip.

If someone has to stand behind you to absorb the recoil ...

cnjbond
February 3rd, 2014, 5:06 AM
Looks like it loaded correctly to me, unless it is supposed to be animated.

It does look like her weapon is in the process of departing her grip.

If someone has to stand behind you to absorb the recoil ...

Yeah it was supposed to be animated. It's different clips of females underestimating the kick of several different weapons...it was pretty funny! I only laugh because it didn't look any of them were seriously hurt other than their pride...and maybe a blackeye or two.

sojourner truth
February 3rd, 2014, 11:25 AM
Reminded me of when I took my wife to the range to try out my S and W 357 magnum....I loaded the first 3 rounds with 38 special, and the last 3 with 357.

SHe pulled the first round off and said "Gee, that's not so bad" and then the next 2. When she hit the 357 round and pulled it off, she dropped my brand new pistol in the mud...of course, I got one heck of a butt chewing when she figured out what I had done.

Mestral
February 3rd, 2014, 1:33 PM
You deserved it.

Shotgun Jeremy
February 3rd, 2014, 5:55 PM
The link isn't working for me, but I'm assuming it's another video of a girl being given more firepower than she is prepared to handle.

I'm not a big fan of videos like this or pranks like this. We're supposed to be encouraging new shooters. Not making them think they may be embarrassed or hurt. Anytime I take a girl shooting for the first time, I give her a talk letting her know I take safety extremely seriously with guns, and she has nothing to worry about with me giving her more than I think she can handle because the last thing I want is to see anyone be hurt. They always seem to appreciate that talk simply because of all the prank videos they've seen with girls shooting more than they can handle their first time.

Then, I give them a .22 bolt action to get them going. They always love that .22. They're usually nervous about the .45, so I don't push it on them.

cnjbond
February 4th, 2014, 6:20 AM
It was supposed to be a GIF but it didn't load properly.

I'm all for gun safety as well. I think this clip shows women bitting off a little more than they can chew or maybe they weren't given all the facts on what to expect from the kick of the different weapons they were firing.

Mestral
February 4th, 2014, 6:55 AM
I agree on both sides of the issue. I guess I have always assumed the girls in the video got as big a kick out of the prank as the rest of us, but I suppose it isn't always so. (The videos I have seen where there was a follow up showed them getting a good laugh and going right back at it, but I guess they omit the videos that went wrong) I impress safety on anyone I teach, but I don't get overly serious or wrapped up in it. (My main rules are always KNOW the status, whether loaded or unloaded, and NEVER touch the trigger till ready to fire)

Shotgun Jeremy
February 4th, 2014, 7:50 AM
I can see the humor in it if it's a girl who's comfortable with and been shooting guns for a while-and she knows about the gun. I just cringe when it they appear to be first time shooters or not comfortable with what they're doing.