PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Is Reporting...............

CenTexDave
December 30th, 2013, 12:44 AM
That UT will hire Art Briles as their next head coach.
I hope it isn't true. Not that Briles wouldn't do great there, but Baylor just gave him the farm to stick around.

cnjbond
December 30th, 2013, 3:56 AM
That UT will hire Art Briles as their next head coach.
I hope it isn't true. Not that Briles wouldn't do great there, but Baylor just gave him the farm to stick around.

I hope it's not true as well, for the simple fact that it's like incest snatching a coach from the same conference!

bbh
December 30th, 2013, 6:25 AM
Oh, no!!! Speaking as a fan of both schools, I don't like that either.

theextradegree
December 30th, 2013, 7:57 AM
If Briles has made the decision to go to UT, it wouldn't be a good coaching decision to announce that decision right before Baylor plays in the Fiesta Bowl. For the record, I am not saying he isn't going to UT. I just don't think he would announce it a couple of days before the BIG ONE.

He addresses the UT rumor in this interview he gave on 12/29. It starts around the 2:22 mark.

http://stationcaster.com/stations/krzi/media/mp3/Art_Briles_12_29_13-1388362138.mp3

CenTexDave
December 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
He sure doesn't deny it.

Wolfdawg
December 30th, 2013, 6:22 PM
Also rumors of him talking with Redskins….

xzochye
December 31st, 2013, 1:25 AM
Also rumors of him talking with Redskins….

That I could see. I bet he would like to work with RG3 again.

theextradegree
January 3rd, 2014, 11:22 AM
It looks like Briles is staying in Waco.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010314aac.html

CenTexDave
January 3rd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Good
UT will find their right coach.

CenTexDave
January 3rd, 2014, 1:55 PM
Maybe. Just read UCLA's Mora told them he isn't interested.
It seems many know what a real pressure cooker it will be.

onetime
January 3rd, 2014, 2:29 PM
Looks like Texas is going to to be Tennesse 2.0 after they ran Fulmer out of town. Look how that has gone

bbh
January 3rd, 2014, 5:06 PM
Maybe. Just read UCLA's Mora told them he isn't interested.
It seems many know what a real pressure cooker it will be.

You may be right, Dave, but it will be a VERY HIGHLY paid pressure cooker.

CenTexDave
January 3rd, 2014, 6:35 PM
Looks like Texas is going to to be Tennesse 2.0 after they ran Fulmer out of town. Look how that has gone

That's it. You hit it right on - LANE KIFFIN!!!!!!!!!! :))

CenTexDave
January 3rd, 2014, 6:36 PM
And he can hire his father away from the Cowboys to be his defensive coordinator. :)

xzochye
January 3rd, 2014, 10:54 PM
Reports from 247 sports and Chip Brown (who has been on top of pretty much every Texas story in recent memory) indicate the Longhorns will hire Louisville's Charlie Strong as their next head coach. What do you think of the potential hire?

bbh
January 3rd, 2014, 11:04 PM
Hmmmm.......weird, maybe? Strong doesn't always play perfectly nice with the press during news conferences, which may bring into play that pressure cooker that Dave mentioned. I don't really care about that; I just hope he finds a QB that can cut it.

xzochye
January 3rd, 2014, 11:08 PM
Reports from 247 sports and Chip Brown (who has been on top of pretty much every Texas story in recent memory) indicate the Longhorns will hire Louisville's Charlie Strong as their next head coach. What do you think of the potential hire?

I forgot to mention that this was copied from Facebooks WFAA Sports page.

theextradegree
January 3rd, 2014, 11:17 PM
ESPN/Yahoo Sports/Sports Illustrated are saying Charlie Strong, too.

corgifan
January 3rd, 2014, 11:40 PM
If he wins all will be good. If not, things will get very interesting in Longhorn Nation.

xzochye
January 3rd, 2014, 11:42 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report-charlie-strong-become-texas-coach-045419115--ncaaf.html

CenTexDave
January 3rd, 2014, 11:47 PM
Probably their 5th or 6th choice. I'm not impressed at all. Reminds me of Michigan hiring Rich Rodriguez and we all know how that worked. :)

theextradegree
January 4th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Probably their 5th or 6th choice. I'm not impressed at all. Reminds me of Michigan hiring Rich Rodriguez and we all know how that worked. :)

Only time will tell.

cnjbond
January 4th, 2014, 12:45 AM
It looks like t.u. is rushing this selection just a bit in hopes of shoring up their high school commitments before they start bolting for the door!

corgifan
January 5th, 2014, 12:26 AM
It will be official later today. Charlie Strong will be the head coach of the Longhorns. If he's reading this, I highly recommend Trulucks for a nice seafood dinner. Both the Colorado and the Research locations are excellent! For a nice lunch with the coaches after a meeting I suggest Hoover's Cooking on Manor, just 2 minutes west of the stadium. They have sweet potato pie to die for!

CenTexDave
January 5th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Hopefully he won't have time for that for a while.
He had a great QB and a WR at Louisville. That's why they were so good the last two years. Both are going to the NFL now. Small wonder he accepted the Texas job.
Recruiting is everything. Hope he hits the high school circuit immediately. Many obvious needs for the Horns. And while he's at it, bring in some good assistants.