PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Bowl Selections

Rick
December 8th, 2013, 8:34 PM
Edited for the browser challenged.
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games_bowl_schedule.html

kantwin
December 8th, 2013, 8:55 PM
Formatting in that looks like crap in ForumRunner.

xzochye
December 8th, 2013, 8:58 PM
Same in TapaTalk. Can't tell what in the world I am looking at.

Scarlett
December 8th, 2013, 9:13 PM
Well in the meantime...here's to the Big 12!

xzochye
December 8th, 2013, 9:18 PM
I just bought my son tickets to the Alamo Bowl for Christmas. The Ducks are his second favorite team so it should be fun.

Rick
December 8th, 2013, 9:48 PM
I edited it for the browser challenged.

CenTexDave
December 8th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Baylor and UCF in the Fiesta Bowl.
This whole BCS/conference tie ins to bowl games are a joke.

cnjbond
December 8th, 2013, 11:04 PM
A&M vs Duke in the Chick Fil A bowl...this should be another bowl win for the Aggies, sending Manziel & Evans out with a win.

Night Owl
December 9th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Aggies vs Baylor and Duke vs UCF sounds like better games. The BCS only looks at the $ not the match ups. There needs to be a 16 team playoff. Get rid of two non-conference games at the beginning of the season.

yankeerunner
December 9th, 2013, 7:05 AM
I counted 14 teams with a 6 - 6 record. In what world is a 6 - 6 team a bowl team? I think a team that has lost two games is a stretch for a bowl game. The way the bowl games are set up now has turned into a circus. The current bowl fiasco has adopted the "everyone gets a trophy" and is souring the fans. Bring on a true playoff format like D2 and D3 use. Have the winner of each conference go onto the playoffs.

yankeerunner
December 9th, 2013, 7:11 AM
Get rid of two non-conference games at the beginning of the season.

If you do that then the Longhorns will miss out on beating up on New Mexico State for an easy win!

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2013, 8:14 AM
It's all about the $$$$$$.
I remember when a bowl game was a reward for a great season. Now just anyone gets a bowl game and, for the most part, they are boring games. Who the hell cares about Schneck Tech playing Slippery Rock State, etc?
And I think the people are the ones voting on this. Less and less people are tuning in to watch these joke games. That's the reason virtually every year a bunch of the bowl games have new sponsors. I can't even keep track of the games anymore. Whatever happened to the Peach Bowl, Bluebonnet Bowl, Citrus Bowl, etc?

Rick
December 9th, 2013, 9:40 AM
It's all about the $.

Iteachtoo
December 13th, 2013, 2:39 PM
I remember the Bluebonnet Bowl; held in the Astrodome!!