PDA

View Full Version : Baylor - Big 12 Champs

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 6:00 PM
Well, they will be in 4 minutes. Leading 30-10.
Bye bye, Mack.

xzochye
December 7th, 2013, 6:04 PM
Did you see the look on Mack's face when Baylor scored that last td. He was staring at the ground and truly looked like he could cry.

bbh
December 7th, 2013, 6:06 PM
Can't believe it!!!! Go Bears!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
December 7th, 2013, 6:08 PM
Mack sure didn't stick around long. Walked to midfield, shook hands with Briles and got off the field quick. :))

This gets the Bears the BCS slot in the Fiesta Bowl. I hope they win it. Right now, I have no idea who they face. Earlier I saw University of Central Florida projected there. LOL They just barely got by SMU, with SMU's backup QB, today in the Conf USA Championship Game.

yankeerunner
December 7th, 2013, 9:52 PM
Congrats to the Baylor Bears! I was so happy to see Mack Brown and his Longhorns go down in defeat! It's funny how UT has this elitist attitude and then get beat by little ole Baylor! Sic'em Bears!

gnatsum
December 9th, 2013, 4:45 PM
Saw a rumor story on the internet earlier today that has Art Briles leaving Baylor...

,,,to go coach the WASHINGTON REDSKINS!?!?!

(anything to make RG3...AND the owner of the Redskins happy...)

xzochye
December 9th, 2013, 5:37 PM
Didn't he just sign a 10 year extension?

CenTexDave
December 9th, 2013, 5:41 PM
Yes he did.
I doubt Briles would budge, but Snyder (the Skins owner) could make him the highest paid coach of all time.
Been reading a lot today on ESPN's website where Snyder is fed up with Shanahan, and sounds like he's getting fed up with Griffin too.
That's fine - trade RGIII to the Cowboys. :)

sojourner truth
December 9th, 2013, 5:53 PM
Gotta admit, since RGIII has lost his mobility, he's not the same quarterback. The last thing in the world he needed was to be an "in the pocket" quarterback because it removed almost all of his strengths. If he were healthy at pre injury levels, he'd be putting Cam Newton to shame...Which is what he used to look like.

I personally think he has a hard time throwing the ball when he's standing flat footed, and not off balance wile on the run.

Of course, it would help if his line could protect him every once in a while. A QB needs more than 1/2 second to set up a pass.

Night Owl
December 9th, 2013, 7:37 PM
Yes he did.
I doubt Briles would budge, but Snyder (the Skins owner) could make him the highest paid coach of all time.
Been reading a lot today on ESPN's website where Snyder is fed up with Shanahan, and sounds like he's getting fed up with Griffin too.
That's fine - trade RGIII to the Cowboys. :)
Please don't. Not until he learns to protect himself. He is going down the same road as many other mobile QBs.

gnatsum
December 10th, 2013, 5:05 PM
FoxSports.com had a story yesterday called "Ten Reasons Why Robert Griffin III Should Be Shut Down For the Rest of the Season" by David Whitley. Tried to re-read it today, and opening it tended to crash my computer here...but NOT the one at work?
Anyhoo, not ALL of the ten reasons are things that RG can control. Whitley thinks that RG3's offensive line LIKES to see their quarterback get pressured and/or sacked.
Another reason is to settle, once and for all, IF the BACKUP quarterback that "everyone" wants to use, is any good...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/end-it-ten-reasons-why-rg3-should-be-shut-down-for-the-season-120913

CenTexDave
December 10th, 2013, 5:58 PM
Read that too. And it is believable. Still think there is some animosity there about Griffin's instant success last year.
The kid, at least IMO, was not fully recovered. He still seems to favor that knee. And he sure seems to worry about it - he knows one more blowout of that knee and he's history.
Cousins played last year - he's good. But sitting on the bench all year will need to see some real play before he comes into his own. But if he does prove good, a reliable back-up, who could be a starter, would be valuable trade bait for a team that does not have a #1 draft pick this coming year.

CenTexDave
December 10th, 2013, 6:00 PM
Gotta admit, since RGIII has lost his mobility, he's not the same quarterback. The last thing in the world he needed was to be an "in the pocket" quarterback because it removed almost all of his strengths. If he were healthy at pre injury levels, he'd be putting Cam Newton to shame...Which is what he used to look like.

I personally think he has a hard time throwing the ball when he's standing flat footed, and not off balance wile on the run.

Of course, it would help if his line could protect him every once in a while. A QB needs more than 1/2 second to set up a pass.

His line sucks. And some think they want him to get hurt.
Believe me - I watched him in college. He can throw without scrambling. Can toss it 60 yards and hit the receiver.