PDA

View Full Version : I will predict a Shomaker Playoff Victory Today!!

RooDawg
November 16th, 2013, 8:44 AM
Go Wolves!!

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2013, 9:12 AM
I hope you're right. Attitude will have a lot to do with it - none of that "just thankful to be in the playoffs" crap. Go for the jugular. :)

xzochye
November 16th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I hope you're right. Attitude will have a lot to do with it - none of that "just thankful to be in the playoffs" crap. Go for the jugular. :)

Coach Hall is trying his hardest to keep the kids heads in the game. I believe they are already at the school, possibly have already left the school. I asked him if he wanted a group there to send the kids off when they depart and he said no way. I asked about making a banner for them to run through and again he said no. He doesn't want to change anything up.

I really hope we pull the win off! If we do we will be playing Trinity next. I was looking at the stats for us and Mansfield Timberland and if you go by just that we have a great shot. Our scoring average is 35.5 and theirs is 22.7.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-13/mansfield-timberview-vs-shoemaker/11-16-2013-IblwQ3iPzkKmniQYKoYX4A.htm

However, they are 22 in the state and 117 in the nation. We are 220 in the state and 1879 in the nation.

It's okay though...this has been the year for upsets in football high school, NCAA and NFL!

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2013, 2:16 PM
Trinity? You mean Euless Trinity? OMG!!!

corgifan
November 16th, 2013, 5:53 PM
Shoemaker will win. Speed and skill on both offense and on defense. Well coached. After watching them vs Heights I became a believer.

CenTexDave
November 16th, 2013, 6:23 PM
Against Euless Trinity? No way.

corgifan
November 16th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Too bad. Shoemaker is out, 28-14. Glad they made it though.

Night Owl
November 17th, 2013, 3:34 PM
Bad prediction. Congrats to the Wolves for their season.

onetime
November 18th, 2013, 10:13 PM
I wish I had seen this post last week, but I would have bet against solely because they probably struggled to get their J.V. and quality freshman players to continue to come to practice after the season was complete. Not to sure if the grading cycle add gain or whatever played a role as well.

xzochye
November 19th, 2013, 7:44 AM
I wish I had seen this post last week, but I would have bet against solely because they probably struggled to get their J.V. and quality freshman players to continue to come to practice after the season was complete. Not to sure if the grading cycle add gain or whatever played a role as well.

There was absolutely no problem getting players to practice. Everyone from freshmen to seniors were excited about this opportunity. Once again it just KILLS YOU to say anything good about KISD athletics and SHS.

SHS proved you wrong in all areas. They beat EVERY school in KISD and Midway. Their success wasn't luck either. They have a talented team (Dwayne the corner back is #2 in the state I believe) and a great coach.

CenTexDave
November 19th, 2013, 10:40 AM
They did have a good team, and will build on it for the future.

RooDawg
November 20th, 2013, 6:17 AM
They have ALWAYS had Division 1 kids...it's the coaching that is making the difference right now.

onetime
November 21st, 2013, 8:01 PM
Shoemaker will have a make or break year next season, as the good teams will gather video from their playoff loss and figure out where they are weak offensively and defensively. I wish the staff luck next season, but I honestly do not see them sustaining this success.

xzochye
November 21st, 2013, 8:09 PM
Shoemaker will have a make or break year next season, as the good teams will gather video from their playoff loss and figure out where they are weak offensively and defensively. I wish the staff luck next season, but I honestly do not see them sustaining this success.

Once again it kills ya. Can't you just say "great season shoemaker. I'm impressed!"

I think KISD kicked you off of a team somewhere and you are bitter.

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM
For what it's worth, Denton Ryan eliminated Hewitt Midway yesterday. Midway had a huge lead at halftime, but blew it and ended up on the short end of a 34-33 score. Good year for them though.

xzochye
November 24th, 2013, 11:42 AM
For what it's worth, Denton Ryan eliminated Hewitt Midway yesterday. Midway had a huge lead at halftime, but blew it and ended up on the short end of a 34-33 score. Good year for them though.

I was hoping they would go all the way.

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Go all the way from 8-5A??!! :bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl
First of all, I don't care what all these 8-5A coaches say - it is a very weak district.
Second - ever since they put us all in Region 1 we have been doomed. And if you don't think it matters what region we're in you are wrong.
How do you think Austin Westlake or Converse Judson always made it to the state semis? They were out of Region IV - weakest region in the state. In the meantime, we get Allen, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, Euless Trinity - lots of luck with that.

xzochye
November 24th, 2013, 12:20 PM
First of all, I don't care what all these 8-5A coaches say - it is a very weak district.
Second - ever since they put us all in Region 1 we have been doomed. And if you don't think it matters what region we're in you are wrong.
How do you think Austin Westlake or Converse Judson always made it to the state semis? They were out of Region IV - weakest region in the state. In the meantime, we get Allen, DeSoto, Southlake Carroll, Euless Trinity - lots of luck with that.

Hey! A gal can hope right?

RooDawg
November 24th, 2013, 1:28 PM

I agree with everything you said especially about being in Region 4.

In 2008, Killeen was the fourth place team out of a 6 team district. Because they were in Region 4 they had to play Austin Crockett, upset Alamo Heights, and Gregory-Portland to face Lake Travis in the Regional Quarterfinals.

CenTexDave
November 24th, 2013, 1:35 PM
There are good teams in Region IV, just not very many. So the odds of having to meet a real good team in round 1 or 2 are about slim. Glad you guys beat Alamo Heights in 2008. The year before those Mules beat us in the finals.

JohnKilleen
November 25th, 2013, 10:03 AM
That's the bad thing about how the regions are set up. For 5A at least, regions 1 and 2 are always the toughest. Regions 3 and 4 are usually the weakest. Makes it easy for Katy and others like them to get to the finals. I have always though that for the semis Region 1 should play 3 and 2 should play 4. Even it out some. Will be interesting to see where we land in the next realignment. I am afraid we will remain in Region 1.

CenTexDave
November 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Rotate is every other year.

onetime
November 27th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I agree with everything you said especially about being in Region 4.

In 2008, Killeen was the fourth place team out of a 6 team district. Because they were in Region 4 they had to play Austin Crockett, upset Alamo Heights, and Gregory-Portland to face Lake Travis in the Regional Quarterfinals.

I don't know Roo, its honestly a crap shoot based on region and the division you fall under. A district champ could go small school and fall in a tough bracket and face several difficult opponents while the fourth place school could have a tough 1st round opponent and not face another real challenge until the fourth round or so. Killeen had just as good a shot in 2011 in region 1 as they did in 2008, but fell short. I think the goal for this region in the 5a bracket would be to either go small school or be the #1 big school otherwise your playing desoto in the first round. Shoemaker would have likely been beaten in the second round, but temple and midway just fell short in their second round games. Who knows.

CenTexDave
November 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM
True. But I just think 8-5A as a whole is a weak district. The teams are not what they once were.

JohnKilleen
November 27th, 2013, 4:14 PM
Our district has been weak for awhile. As mush as I hate to admit it the Killeen schools are not going to be state powers anymore. Temple seems to be getting better, but they will probably drop next year so they wont be in our district. I don't understand why Belton hasn't done better.

CenTexDave
November 27th, 2013, 4:35 PM
Certain years of kids seem to do better than others.
7-8 years ago Cove was a state power. No more.