PDA

View Full Version : 8-5A Playoff Scenarios

RooDawg
November 2nd, 2013, 8:41 AM
Let me start by saying this is ALL SPECULATION. I have NO DIRECT KNOWLEDGE if what I am saying is true.

Here are the different playoff scenarios for week 10.

Midway (5-1) is in the playoffs. Currently the #1 seed in the district and would be in the Division 2 playoffs. Can guarantee a share of the district championship with a win over Belton. Will win the district championship outright with a win over Belton and loss by Temple.

Temple (5-1) is in the playoffs. Currently the #2 seed in the district and would be in the Division 2 playoffs. Can guarantee a share of the district championship with a win over Killeen. Will win the district championship with a win over Killeen and a loss by Midway.

Shoemaker (4-2) is in the playoffs. Currently the #3 seed in in the district and would be in the Division 1 playoffs. Can secure the #3 seed with a win over Ellison. Can even move up and share the district championship with a win over Ellison and loses by both Midway and Temple. A loss to Ellison would turn this into a mess but they would still make the playoffs. If the Shoe loses to Ellison then they will need to have Killeen or Cove lose as well to remain in the #3 position. If Cove and Killeen both win then there would be a 3 team tie for the final two playoff spots. Shoemaker has lost to Cove and beaten Killeen. The three teams would each have a 1-1 record in head to contests against each other and therefore would go to point differential. Cove beat the Shoe 63-41 which is a 22 point differential but the maximum allowed is 18. Cove would be +18 and the Shoe would be -18. The Shoe then beats Killeen 34-20. This would make Cove +18, the Shoe -4, and Killeen -14. Killeen beat Cove 47-38. This would make Cove +9, the Shoe -4, and Killeen -5.

Killeen (3-3) is currently tied with Cove for the the 4th seed but owns the tiebreaker because of their win over Cove earlier in the season. Will secure the playoff spot with a win over Temple and Shoemaker beats Ellison. No other options are available to Killeen.

Cove (3-3) is currently tied with Killeen for the 4th seed but because a loss to Killeen earlier in the year would lose the tiebreaker. Cove secures a playoff spot with a win over Heights and a Killeen loss. They could also get in with a win over Heights and if Killeen and Ellison wins which I described above for Shoemaker.

Harker Heights (2-4) is currently one spot out of the playoffs with a long shot chance of getting in. Heights has to win over Cove. Killeen has to lose to Temple. There would be a 3-way tie for the final playoff spot. Heights would have a 1-1 record in head to head match ups with Killeen and Cove. Killeen would have a 1-1 record and Cove would have an 0-2 record. Cove would be eliminated. Heights would make the playoff with their win over Killeen.

Belton (2-4) - Eliminated from the playoffs. A scenario that could happen though. Belton beats Midway and Cove and Killeen lose. If that were to happen then there would be a 4-team tie for the final playoff spot between Cove, Killeen, Heights, and Belton. Belton beat Heights 42-38, lost to Cove 41-14, and lost to Killeen 31-28. Their head to head record would be 1-2. Killeen beat Cove 47-38, lost to Heights 34-28, and beat Belton 31-28. Killeen's record would be 2-1. Cove lost to Killeen 47-38, beat Belton 41-14, and would have lost to Heights making their record 1-2. Heights lost to Belton 42-38, beat Killeen 34-28, and would have beaten Cove to make their record 2-1.

cnjbond
November 2nd, 2013, 9:45 AM
Goodness, my heaed hurts after looking at all those possibilities!!!

CenTexDave
November 2nd, 2013, 1:46 PM
Actually pretty simple.
If Cove wins and Killeen loses they go. If Cove loses or Killeen wins they stay at home.

cnjbond
November 3rd, 2013, 12:53 AM
Actually pretty simple.
If Cove wins and Killeen loses they go. If Cove loses or Killeen wins they stay at home.

But what if they both lose and Belton and HH both win Mr Know It All!!! :)
Then you have to use that crazy pythagorean theorem formula that RooDawg was trying to explain...

CenTexDave
November 3rd, 2013, 5:45 AM
Oh, you mean Belton beats Midway? :bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl

Night Owl
November 3rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Another social experiment gone bad. If a team doesn't win district they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

xzochye
November 3rd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Another social experiment gone bad. If a team doesn't win district they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

SHS has beaten every school in KISD except EHS which we play next. That counts for district...KISD disctrict! LOL

cnjbond
November 3rd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Oh, you mean Belton beats Midway? :bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl

I guess you're right, that's like saying Killeen could beat Cove! :bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl

Oh wait, that DID happen...:-0:-0:-0

xzochye
November 3rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
I guess you're right, that's like saying Killeen could beat Cove! :bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl

Oh wait, that DID happen...:-0:-0:-0

Or Shoemaker beating Midway :));)

CenTexDave
November 3rd, 2013, 1:08 PM
Or the Aggies winning the SEC?? :)):)):))
The bottom line is this district, top to bottom, is weak. Match ups in the playoffs with District 7 will be a disaster.

cnjbond
November 3rd, 2013, 1:13 PM

I said good day sir!!!

LOL

Iteachtoo
November 3rd, 2013, 3:02 PM
I am so proud of Shoemaker beating Midway!!

RooDawg
November 4th, 2013, 7:58 AM
The bottom line is this district, top to bottom, is weak. Match ups in the playoffs with District 7 will be a disaster.

I agree.

sojourner truth
November 4th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah...now Ellison gets to face them Friday night...I have tickets and am hoping for a huge upset...In my dreams.