PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Lions

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2013, 3:38 PM
Let's face it, the Cowboys cannot close out games.
Over 300+ yards receiving for Calvin Johnson for the Lions. Cowboys get four turnovers and still can't win.
The defense sucks. I don't give a flip who is out injured, someone needs to step up and they aren't doing it.
No running game whatsoever. Not that is really mattered. Romo played good and Dez Bryant was great. You can trade that worthless Miles "I'm Injured" Austin. Other than an impressive first half of a season 3 years ago, he hasn't done a thing.
Time for Jerry Jones to realize Jason Garrett is not a good head coach. And this defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin, had good defenses, but this guy is now so old the game has passed him by.

cnjbond
October 27th, 2013, 3:45 PM
Disgusted...that is all!

cnjbond
October 27th, 2013, 3:51 PM
I just started a thread at the same time you did. I think the blame for this one is squarely on the secondary. The D-line is still a patchwork that did fairly decent. The offense stunk it up for 3 quarters...Tony Romo was awful for the 1st half. The 2nd half TD passes to Bryant and Williams were YAC TDs. I knew when Dez scored his 2nd TD that they left way too much time on the clock, oh well...they're still the same ol Cowboys!

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2013, 3:55 PM
Definitely the secondary is terrible. Johnson is arguably the best WR since Jerry Rice, but other teams have played him tough and held him down.
Year after year they don't draft a shutdown corner. Finally killing them.

sojourner truth
October 27th, 2013, 4:00 PM
They looked horrible...Getting a defensive edge, and the ball on the 2 yard line...and can't get it in the end zone? Now that's just plain pitiful. Romo couldn't hit a bull in the a$$ with a bass fiddle.

2 backs defending the pass, and can't stop the reception. Too busy trying to strip the ball after it is caught than preventing the catch in the first place.

Sad...simply sad.

siamcat
October 27th, 2013, 5:09 PM
At our house it was an exciting ending, thought the Lions lost the second game in a row at home.:)

taxpayer
October 27th, 2013, 7:07 PM
still a 8 and 8 team

siamcat
October 27th, 2013, 7:32 PM
still a 8 and 8 team

?

The Cowboys are 4-4 and the Lions are 5-3. Who's 8-8? We haven't even played that many games yet.

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2013, 7:34 PM
Prediction, that's all.

siamcat
October 27th, 2013, 8:35 PM
Prediction, that's all.

I understand now. It's the Lions, I'm used to it but I still root for them. Who knows, stranger things have happened:)

taxpayer
October 27th, 2013, 8:38 PM
that how the boys will finish

cnjbond
October 27th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Again, not to make excuses but the defensive line is missing 3 of their primary players, Ware, Spencer and recently cut Ratliff...those are a lot of holes to fill PLUS Claiborne & Church leave the game due to injuries and that leaves you with the mess you saw give up an 80 yard game winning drive with about a minute to go.

I agree with taxpayer, they are an 8-8 team this year and probably for years to come until they get the mentality that they aren't. At least it's getting easier as a fan to accept their mediocrity...I'm more upset that I didn't trust my gut and pick the Lions to win in our Football office pool!

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2013, 8:06 AM
Ratliff hadn't played all year. Sure, but no excuses in the NFL. All teams have injuries

sojourner truth
October 28th, 2013, 9:49 AM
Yeah...and it looks like we have a 2 legged walking injury...who takes snaps.

cnjbond
October 29th, 2013, 3:19 AM
Ratliff hadn't played all year. Sure, but no excuses in the NFL. All teams have injuries

It was even worse than I thought for injuries:

"Stafford got in that position by hitting two long passes in front of rookie safety Jakar Hamilton, brought up from the practice squad the day before the game. He was playing because Barry Church was out with a hamstring issue. Jeff Heath, another undrafted rookie free agent, started at the other safety spot after J.J. Wilcox injured his right knee in practice."

cowboys-bigger-problems-bryant-antics (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-bigger-problems-bryant-antics-204328764--nfl.html)

bbh
October 29th, 2013, 6:27 AM
I read one article that said Dez Bryant needs to be given a time-out like any other 3-yr-old who throws a tantrum. That was one of the most ridiculous sideline displays ever! If Ware hadn't gotten in the middle of it, I really think he and Witten would have thrown punches. He screamed at Romo, screamed at his position coach (even grabbed his arm)....is he out of control or what? I was embarrassed by the display.

cnjbond
October 29th, 2013, 9:57 AM
I read one article that said Dez Bryant needs to be given a time-out like any other 3-yr-old who throws a tantrum. That was one of the most ridiculous sideline displays ever! If Ware hadn't gotten in the middle of it, I really think he and Witten would have thrown punches. He screamed at Romo, screamed at his position coach (even grabbed his arm)....is he out of control or what? I was embarrassed by the display.

That's what I thought at first but there is an actual transcript of what he was ranting about...the method and delivery were DEFINITELY wrong but they need more of that on the sidelines. I'll try to find it and post it.

Ok I found it but this is probably from the 1st tantrum, not sure if there is one that happened between Dez & Witten:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/dez-bryant-rant-transcription/

BRYANT: No! We can’t let them do that! These [expletive] [unclear.] They’re manning me the [expletive] up. We destroy that!

Hey — we gotta mix that [expletive] up! [Unclear, PA covers up Bryant's comments.]

They press me! [Or maybe "It's fresh meat!"] It’s over! [Unclear]

ROMO: What?

BRYANT: [Unclear] I’m cutting! I’m cutting clean.

I know on that last one, they bust me, it’s over.

[Talks with coach, unclear with stadium noise]

Man, we good on that, Tony. We the best in the NFL on that. We the best in the NFL. And I could…I’m telling you, if you look at it on film…man, if you look at it on film, [unclear] I swear to God out there, [unclear, PA announcer speaking] on the zero, I’m cutting. [Unclear] [expletive] [unclear.]

DOOLEY: Hey, what you gotta do, you gotta set it down.

ROMO: You gotta set it down.

DOOLEY: In other words, don’t look at Tony, because the safety’s coming out of the top.

BRYANT: I see that.

DOOLEY: So when you run… When you run…

ROMO: Look it. Look at me. I’m throwing the ball and you’re already over here.

BRYANT: Yeah.

ROMO: You should be setting down on that.

DOOLEY: Run like this. Don’t look at Tony and then stop, and say “Tony.”

ROMO: I don’t care [unclear] [expletive] like as soon as you’re over the ball you should tell me right now.

DOOLEY: Give it to me.

ROMO: Stop or you’re gone.

BRYANT: OK.

ROMO: [Unclear]

DOOLEY: It looks open, but they’re coming out of the top.

BRYANT: It did. It did. It did.

DOOLEY: I knew what you saw because they doubled Wit.

BRYANT: [Unclear] I hadn’t seen it… [Looks out on field.] Pick that [expletive] up man. C’mon…

We [expletive] good, man. We bust our ass not to win this [expletive] game.

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
SI had a big article on it this morning. All parties claim it was blown out of proportion. Yeah, sure. :))
Trade deadline is today. Cowboys sure could use a CB and RB. I have a feeling DeMarco Murray will just come back and get hurt again.

bbh
October 29th, 2013, 3:35 PM
That's what I thought at first but there is an actual transcript of what he was ranting about...the method and delivery were DEFINITELY wrong but they need more of that on the sidelines. I'll try to find it and post it.

Ok I found it but this is probably from the 1st tantrum, not sure if there is one that happened between Dez & Witten:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/dez-bryant-rant-transcription/

BRYANT: No! We can’t let them do that! These [expletive] [unclear.] They’re manning me the [expletive] up. We destroy that!

Hey — we gotta mix that [expletive] up! [Unclear, PA covers up Bryant's comments.]

They press me! [Or maybe "It's fresh meat!"] It’s over! [Unclear]

ROMO: What?

BRYANT: [Unclear] I’m cutting! I’m cutting clean.

I know on that last one, they bust me, it’s over.

[Talks with coach, unclear with stadium noise]

Man, we good on that, Tony. We the best in the NFL on that. We the best in the NFL. And I could…I’m telling you, if you look at it on film…man, if you look at it on film, [unclear] I swear to God out there, [unclear, PA announcer speaking] on the zero, I’m cutting. [Unclear] [expletive] [unclear.]

DOOLEY: Hey, what you gotta do, you gotta set it down.

ROMO: You gotta set it down.

DOOLEY: In other words, don’t look at Tony, because the safety’s coming out of the top.

BRYANT: I see that.

DOOLEY: So when you run… When you run…

ROMO: Look it. Look at me. I’m throwing the ball and you’re already over here.

ROMO: You should be setting down on that.

DOOLEY: Run like this. Don’t look at Tony and then stop, and say “Tony.”

ROMO: I don’t care [unclear] [expletive] like as soon as you’re over the ball you should tell me right now.

DOOLEY: Give it to me.

ROMO: Stop or you’re gone.

BRYANT: OK.

ROMO: [Unclear]t

DOOLEY: It looks open, but they’re coming out of the top.

BRYANT: It did. It did. It did.

DOOLEY: I knew what you saw because they doubled Wit.

BRYANT: [Unclear] I hadn’t seen it… [Looks out on field.] Pick that [expletive] up man. C’mon…

We [expletive] good, man. We bust our ass not to win this [expletive] game.

Uh, okay.....care to translate that for me? I have a problem....I only speak English.

cnjbond
October 29th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Uh, okay.....care to translate that for me? I have a problem....I only speak English.
LOL...basically he was telling Romo to throw him the ball if they got a certain coverage from the defense. He was also telling Romo that they are the best and worked too hard to lose this game.

bbh
October 30th, 2013, 8:19 AM
LOL...basically he was telling Romo to throw him the ball if they got a certain coverage from the defense. He was also telling Romo that they are the best and worked too hard to lose this game.

Thanks! I'm not sure what is most disturbing.......the fact that you could translate it, or the fact that "[expletive]" was the only thing I clearly understood! :))