View Full Version : Tonight's Games

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2013, 9:51 AM
Cove at Midway
Belton and Temple
Ellison and Heights
Shoemaker and Killeen

By 10:30PM tonight the following should happen:
Midway will beat Cove, giving Cove two district losses.
Temple will defeat Belton.
Heights will keep Ellison winless
Killeen will beat Shoemaker.

This district will be a mess trying to figure out the playoffs.

RooDawg
October 11th, 2013, 9:56 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict an upset.

Ellison over Heights.

sojourner truth
October 11th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Golly gee...I sure hope so. I was talking to one of Ellisons running backs in Church Sunday and he told me that 3 of the backs are injured or out, making him the only one left. He said one was in a car accident...not sure about theother 2. I had no idea that the Eagles were that thin. I know they were moving some of their JV talent up to the varsity ranks, and thought that was good...but it doesn't make for a promising proposition. I can only imagine what the attrition rate is. It has to be tough for those kids to keep thier chin up and slog on every Friday night..But from the sidelines, they don't act like losers. Very positive can do attitudes.

Their defense has been a light years leap better than last year. I can actually start to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Till then, all we Eagle fans can do is be there for them and cheering as loud as we can.

xzochye
October 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Cove at Midway
Belton and Temple
Ellison and Heights
Shoemaker and Killeen

Midway will beat Cove, giving Cove two district losses.
Temple will defeat Belton.
Heights will keep Ellison winless

I HATE YOU!!!!

xzochye
October 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict an upset.

Ellison over Heights.

SHS over KHS

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2013, 11:42 AM
XZ - I just stated my opinion, not where my heart is. :)
Would love to see Cove beat Midway and Shoemaker beat Killeen.
Would love to see the winning lottery ticket with my signature on the back of it too. :))

xzochye
October 11th, 2013, 7:48 PM
7-6 us. :-)

xzochye
October 11th, 2013, 7:53 PM
Okay I'm not posting scores anymore!!!! Every time I do it seems to Jinx us!!!!

siamcat
October 11th, 2013, 7:56 PM
Okay I'm not posting scores anymore!!!! Every time I do it seems to Jinx us!!!!

Use the ladies room, 75% of the time my team scores when I'm not watching:)

Scarlett
October 11th, 2013, 7:56 PM
HHHS and EHS tied 7-7

siamcat
October 11th, 2013, 7:57 PM
HHHS and EHS tied 7-7

Go Ellison, those kids deserve a win.

Scarlett
October 11th, 2013, 8:05 PM
HHHS leads EHS 10-7

rubytuesday
October 11th, 2013, 8:36 PM
What about Cove?

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2013, 8:38 PM
Temple is blasting Belton. Last I heard it was 35-0 near end of first half.
Cove is getting demolished by Midway, 32-10, halftime in a few seconds.
Cove sucks. Find a defensive coordinator. They can't stop the pass, can't stop the run. And Manny Harris' receivers have dropped a bunch of passes tonight.
Think I'm gonna kiss this high school season goodbye. :)

1962bc
October 11th, 2013, 8:57 PM
No need to run and hide at the first misfortune of the Dawgs in years. Be a fan, not a fair weather fan. Even Urban has lost 6 games in a year, at UF. That is when he had heart problems.

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2013, 9:06 PM
I'm not running and hiding, just stating a plain fact - their defense sucks big time. At first I thought that game against Killeen was just an upset - sooner or later the Roos would upset them. It's obvious now it was no upset. Cove will be 1-2 in district, and still have to play Temple and Belton. Maybe it's a good thing - wake up Jack Welch.

Scarlett
October 11th, 2013, 9:23 PM
17-14 at half. HHHS leads.

Scarlett
October 11th, 2013, 9:27 PM
24-14 Heights. Sigh.

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2013, 9:30 PM
39-25, Midway. Sigh.:))

Scarlett
October 11th, 2013, 9:38 PM
31-14 HHHS over EHS.
Wow

Wolfdawg
October 11th, 2013, 9:40 PM
Cove only 7 behind now! Shoemaker up by 7 also! Could be a banner night for WolfDawg!

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2013, 9:47 PM
Problem is Cove has to kick off to Midway. :)):))

CenTexDave
October 11th, 2013, 9:54 PM
Cove's D finally rises to the challenge and stops Midway on a 4th down. They immediately move down the field to the 26 and can't budge it from there, go for it on 4th down and don't make it. lol

Wolfdawg
October 11th, 2013, 9:57 PM
Shoemaker up by 2 TD's now

Bob_Popular
October 11th, 2013, 9:57 PM
Shoemaker up by 2 TD's now

Might be a big night for you wolf!

Scarlett
October 11th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Lord make it end. 38-14.

xzochye
October 11th, 2013, 10:09 PM

Shoemaker won!!

RooDawg
October 11th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Temple up on Belton 48-20 in the fourth

xzochye
October 11th, 2013, 10:15 PM

Shoemaker won!!

1962bc
October 11th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Congrats, Grey Wolves. There haven't been that many but enjoy your win. Hopefully, there will be more to come.

Scarlett
October 11th, 2013, 10:27 PM
HHHS 38-20 over EHS

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2013, 5:19 AM
Cove's comeback falls short.
39 all at the end of regulation, then went no where in OT and missed a 42 yard FG. Midway didn't.
Final: 42-39 Midway.

sojourner truth
October 12th, 2013, 6:41 AM
HHHS 38-20 over EHS

The eagles only had one running back last night, which is why you saw all the pass plays that looked so...unusual. Coach had to try something different with 3 of his backs out of service. For a first attempt at a mostly aerial game, they didn't look too bad.

I am still amazed at the good attitude the players I know have. The kid who does most of the kicking sits behind me at church, and I try to let him know what a great job he does (and their kicking game is a ton better than in the past) and I keep track of how many points on the board are his...Still, it has to be tough to keep your chin up.

KHS at 1-5...now that IS a shocker. But Shoemaker looked pretty darn good last night, you gotta admit.

Dave, I know you have to be heartbroken over Coves losses lately, but at least they are pretty close games. Plus, it ain'tlike they are playing amatuers either. Those teams they have lost to are pretty tough cookies.

Gonna be mighty quiet in church Sunday...KHS coach sits next to me, and a bunch of Ellisons players right behind me. Sigh...Keep smiling SJ..Keep smiling.

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2013, 6:51 AM
I still think Cove will make the playoffs, but won't go anywhere. One and done. No defense, no running game.
Someone asked me the other day where is the RB Vondraez King - last year's RB who was a real force. No one seems to know why he isn't playing. If it was an injury it would be mentioned, so is probably disciplinary reasons.

Bob_Popular
October 12th, 2013, 7:33 AM
Why didn't the paper say anything about this being the first time in school history that shoemaker beat killeen?

bbh
October 12th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Bob...you will be a much happier person when you stop wondering why KDH does what KDH does. :-)

xzochye
October 12th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Why didn't the paper say anything about this being the first time in school history that shoemaker beat killeen?

Because it's Shoemaker. Seriously, Shoemaker is the ugly stepchild in Killeen. Today's article is the longest article SHS's football team has had.

That's okay though. SHS isn't the school that a lot like to think it is. It has great kids, great teachers and they are all doing great things.

xzochye
October 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM

Please feel free to be wrong more often.

Seriously though last night was a game. At first we didn't think it was going to be very good. We almost went in to halftime 7-20 but the boys really came back. We were a head with 5 minutes left in the game and everyone was afraid to say anything about it....lol

Bob_Popular
October 12th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Bob...you will be a much happier person when you stop wondering why KDH does what KDH does. :-)

You're probably right

Bob_Popular
October 12th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Because it's Shoemaker. Seriously, Shoemaker is the ugly stepchild in Killeen. Today's article is the longest article SHS's football team has had.

That's okay though. SHS isn't the school that a lot like to think it is. It has great kids, great teachers and they are all doing great things.

Well in all fairness they had many articles referencing the first time a killeen school had beaten cove in about 20 years. Seems like shoemaker picking up the win over khs for the first time in school history would be big news as well.

gnatsum
October 12th, 2013, 12:26 PM

Been there, done that...

Forgot what year (years?:unsure: ) it was, but the KISD admin building has been the site of at least ONE coin toss between representatives from different high schools, to see which team goes on to the playoffs...and which team sees the end of the season.
If I was there, it had to have been a year that Ellison was in the mix (talking DECADES, folks! :)) ). Forgot who the other schools were.
OR was it '91, when KHS went all the way?

Burger King
October 12th, 2013, 1:26 PM
Well in all fairness they had many articles referencing the first time a killeen school had beaten cove in about 20 years. Seems like shoemaker picking up the win over khs for the first time in school history would be big news as well.
Shoemaker over Killeen is major news. I would never thought the day I would hear Shoemaker beat Killeen in football, until now. Congratulations for breaking the long drought against Killeen.

RooDawg
October 13th, 2013, 8:10 AM
There has been a dramatic increase of the writers in the sports department as many as 3 writers have left within a month's time. These are new writers writing the stories and they may not be aware (not sure why not) of this being the first victory for the shoe over killeen.

cuatro
October 22nd, 2013, 2:47 PM
There are new sports writers, but they still seem to spend a lot of time in Lampasas, Salado, Gatesville at the games. That's where my frustration lies with the KDH sports department. It is that they report a lot of stuff about these small schools and games, and don't even send a reporter to the Killeen teams games. Now...they normally will if the game is against a team they think is better...ALWAYS Cove. I've actually asked them, and they said they cover the whole area and can't always cover Killeen. My thought is this...it is the KILLEEN DAILY HERALD, so cover those schools first, then the others if possible. I understand they are small, might not have a local paper, etc. but it still bugs me. They also cover Temple a lot...Temple has its OWN paper. SMH

CenTexDave
October 22nd, 2013, 3:43 PM
They cover Temple "a lot" because there are 4 Killeen teams and one is usually playing Temple.
These sports writers have certain "beats" to cover. The one that covers Cove works at the Cove Daily Herald - the Thursday special edition of the Killeen Daily Herald.
If they want people from Salada, Gatesville, Lampasas, Cove, etc to buy the KDH, you better believe they better cover their schools' teams.