PDA

View Full Version : Shoemaker Football

xzochye
September 23rd, 2013, 5:06 PM
Saw this little blurb in the KDH.

Temple (1-2) at Shoemaker (2-1), 7:30 p.m. Friday (Buckley Stadium): Temple has lost two in a row and visits a hot Shoemaker team fresh off an impressive victory against Stony Point before the bye.

It's sad that SHS is starting off "hot" but all we get is a little blurb about an upcoming game. KHS loses and its a huge story. :(

sojourner truth
September 23rd, 2013, 5:36 PM
You made me think about these 2 teams....I didn't realize it until Sunday at church and I have 2 guys that are members that I talk to from time to time and go by the name "coach"...I got curious, since I have been talking to these guys for weeks now and didn't know who they were. One (the big guy) Is KHS head football coach, and the other (super nice black guy) was Shoemakers old coach...

I guess Ken Gray retired for a while, then went back to coaching again in Jerrel. His wife and he head up the youth ministry at church. Small world.

CenTexDave
September 23rd, 2013, 6:08 PM
Get used to it xzochye. I've lived here since 1984. Ellison was a power back in the mid to late 90's, yet all the KDH did was write about the Roos.

RooDawg
September 23rd, 2013, 7:25 PM
Don't worry...when Shoemaker makes the playoffs this year there will be enough written about them...

xzochye
September 23rd, 2013, 7:32 PM
Don't worry...when Shoemaker makes the playoffs this year there will be enough written about them...

Yeah, and it will probably focus all on how poorly they have done in the past. :rolleyes The press has a love to hate SHS relationship. I know Generealt Shoemaker calls KDH all the time with positive stories.

xzochye
September 23rd, 2013, 7:33 PM

Oh and from your finger tips to God's eyes. This is Texas so we all know he loves Friday Night Lights!

Wolfdawg
September 23rd, 2013, 8:58 PM
If you think about it, this years seniors were the freshmen that Coach Hall started when he joined us. This is his first year with a team that was completely his.

xzochye
September 23rd, 2013, 9:11 PM
If you think about it, this years seniors were the freshmen that Coach Hall started when he joined us. This is his first year with a team that was completely his.

Yes, I have mentioned that in another thread. He is excited to have a team that is entirely his. There were some of the old coaches "favorites" before and they didn't like to work very hard.

xzochye
September 23rd, 2013, 9:37 PM

Yes, I have mentioned that in another thread. He is excited to have a team that is entirely his. There were some of the old coaches "favorites" before and they didn't like to work very hard.

cnjbond
September 24th, 2013, 4:21 AM
Get used to it xzochye. I've lived here since 1984. Ellison was a power back in the mid to late 90's, yet all the KDH did was write about the Roos.

As if there's anything else to talk about!! :)

sojourner truth
September 24th, 2013, 8:52 AM
You justlet Ellison win one game and see how much coverage that gets. Bwah ha ha ha ha.:))

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2013, 9:21 AM
I know that deal. I remember when Cove had a 20+ game losing streak. When they finally won it was big news. And when Welch came in and they beat Temple his first year it was like Alabama had just lost to Slippery Rock State!! :))