PDA

View Full Version : Bama vs A&M

cnjbond
September 14th, 2013, 9:03 AM
The day has finally arrived!! Hopefully it'll be an exciting, good, CLEAN game. I'm going to have to stay up late to catch this one but it'll be worth it!

Let's go Aggies!!

WHOOP!!!!

Ludwig
September 14th, 2013, 9:16 AM
I will be rooting for the Fighting Texas Aggies. However, I have a great concern about their Offensive Line being up to the task, i.e. giving Johnnie Football the time he needs to do his magic. Also, is the Aggie Defense ready to control Bama?

CenTexDave
September 14th, 2013, 9:22 AM
I think their OL will be fine. Not so sure about their defense.

kantwin
September 14th, 2013, 9:28 AM

cnjbond
September 14th, 2013, 9:29 AM
I will be rooting for the Fighting Texas Aggies. However, I have a great concern about their Offensive Line being up to the task, i.e. giving Johnnie Football the time he needs to do his magic. Also, is the Aggie Defense ready to control Bama?

The defense has me a little worried as well. They have 3 or 4 starters coming back from suspension but they haven't played a game all season...Bama is the wrong opponent to knock the rust off against.

taxpayer
September 14th, 2013, 9:32 AM
Roll Tide

cnjbond
September 14th, 2013, 9:43 AM
What do the Aggies and the moon have in common?

Night Owl
September 14th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Sorry Aggie fans.

ALA 38
A&M 24

Night Owl
September 14th, 2013, 4:23 PM
28-14 Alabama at the half. This will not end pretty for the Aggies.

kantwin
September 14th, 2013, 4:26 PM
28-14 Alabama at the half. This will not end pretty for the Aggies.

Roll Tide!

cnjbond
September 14th, 2013, 4:33 PM
Man oh Man it's not looking good but there's still another half of football to play!

sojourner truth
September 14th, 2013, 4:42 PM
Hope coach talked to the defense....

Ol' Johnny lookin' a bit reckless...again.

xzochye
September 14th, 2013, 4:52 PM
It's not over till it's over!

cnjbond
September 14th, 2013, 5:25 PM
Wow, the Aggie's defense went to sleep after the 1st Quarter...

xzochye
September 14th, 2013, 5:49 PM
WOW! Did you see that TD?!?! We have a game folks!

cnjbond
September 14th, 2013, 6:10 PM
Looks like the Aggies may run out of time on this one...ya played good boys! No one gave you a chance to be competitive in the SEC and you proved them wrong. Saban was so scared that he scheduled a bi-week before this game to prepare. You may not have BTHO Bama but you sure did STHO Bama (Scare The Hell Outta)

Gig Em!!

sojourner truth
September 14th, 2013, 6:21 PM
Outstanding game...The biggest difference was the turnovers...2...and that was about all. The defense needs a lot of work, but the Aggies looked pretty darn good, as did the tide.

kantwin
September 14th, 2013, 6:53 PM
Outstanding game...The biggest difference was the turnovers...2...and that was about all. The defense needs a lot of work, but the Aggies looked pretty darn good, as did the tide.

A&M put on a good game, but a loss is a loss. LOL

ROLL TIDE!

CenTexDave
September 14th, 2013, 8:41 PM
Helluva game. Manziel was fantastic except that INT which really was not all his fault.

GO BUCKEYES :)

CenTexDave
September 14th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Not a good weekend for Texas teams.
UT got dusted by Ole Miss. I'm sure the calls for Mack Brown's head are growing louder tonight down on 6th Street.:))
But wait, Owl's Alma Mater comes through. North Texas defeats Ball State. Congrats Mean Green. :)

xzochye
September 15th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Not a good weekend for Texas teams.
UT got dusted by Ole Miss. I'm sure the calls for Mack Brown's head are growing louder tonight down on 6th Street.:))
But wait, Owl's Alma Mater comes through. North Texas defeats Ball State. Congrats Mean Green. :)

Can't say I'm sad about UT.

bbh
September 15th, 2013, 9:19 AM
Rumor going around that Mack will move to AD and that Saban is talking to UT.

Don't know if I believe it.

CenTexDave
September 15th, 2013, 11:13 AM
If Saban leaves Alabama I would be mildly surprised. I say mildly because he did leave LSU, after winning a national championship there, for the NFL which was a failed experiment, and then jumped to Alabama. Yeah, LSU fans just love him. :))

Rick
September 15th, 2013, 11:28 AM
The only way I see it happening is if he's trying to escape a possible "soon to be" sanctioned program.

cnjbond
September 15th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I don't see any reason for Saban to leave Bama to come to tu, what's the benefit besides money? The Big XII is a shell of what it used to be and is no longer a power conference...I think that rumor is just wishful thinking from the tu fans.

bbh
September 15th, 2013, 2:21 PM
I don't see any reason for Saban to leave Bama to come to tu, what's the benefit besides money? The Big XII is a shell of what it used to be and is no longer a power conference...I think that rumor is just wishful thinking from the tu fans.

I'm wishfully thinking it would be be NICE for Mack to go. Not sure about Saban.

You really need to get your computer checked, though. The spell-check is changing it to "tu" every time you type "UT".

:))

Night Owl
September 15th, 2013, 4:10 PM
Tu is stinking up the field. I guess the smell will cause the other team to be overwhelmed.:)):))

bbh
September 16th, 2013, 7:46 AM
Can't argue with you, NO. My 'Horns are looking bad. Next is Kansas State; we might win that one....IF a flu bug hits the Wildcats and they substitute band members, although their trombone player looks pretty tough.

The good news is -- we won't lose the week after that! We have a bye.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Year in and year out UT is rated by Rivals.com and Scout.com as having one of the top 5 recruiting classes.
This is Mack Brown - pure, plain and simple. He got away with it for years because he had great offensive and defensive coordinators and coaches. They left.
And I'll be mildly surprised if Mack survives to the end of this season unless they turn it around start Saturday, because KSU is not that great this year. They still have Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Baylor. Lots of luck.

kantwin
September 16th, 2013, 10:30 AM

cnjbond
September 16th, 2013, 11:24 AM

Next year buddy!

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM
You think Johnny Manziel will be there next year?

Night Owl
September 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
He better be there next year. There is a big difference between Alabama and the NFL. He will not survive in the NFL. He might not get drafted.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Very possible, Owl.
I think these "mobil" QB's in the NFL are getting defensed much better this year. Most teams still want a drop back QB.
But you have to admit, the kid is exciting to watch.

cnjbond
September 16th, 2013, 1:42 PM

N.O.P.E!!

I'm banking on the hope that the Aggies have built a team that can win without Manziel.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2013, 2:51 PM
The first half of the first game the backup sure looked good. I'm sure the Aggies will blow a few teams out this year. Put the backups in early and see how they do. Nothing beats game experience.

kantwin
September 16th, 2013, 4:00 PM
The first half of the first game the backup sure looked good. I'm sure the Aggies will blow a few teams out this year. Put the backups in early and see how they do. Nothing beats game experience.

Don't think they would do that unless they were ranked 12th or worse, late in the season or have the game well in hand. . They still have a bowl bit to hope for.

kantwin
September 16th, 2013, 4:41 PM
Next year buddy!
Alabama and A&M won't necessarily play every year.

cnjbond
September 16th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Alabama and A&M won't necessarily play every year.
I thought the East and West always play through their divisions but alternate who they play in the other division?

kantwin
September 16th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I thought the East and West always play through their divisions but alternate who they play in the other division?

I have not done an in depth analysis, but you may be correct. I was not taking the easy/west division into consideration.

CenTexDave
September 17th, 2013, 2:23 PM
No, think kantwin is correct. 14 teams in the SEC now. This is what Saban was pushing for I think, but he was shot down. Play your 4 cream puffs like all the big boys do, and that leaves only 8 games in the conference. That would be 6 games within your division, and don't think that is gonna happen.

cnjbond
September 17th, 2013, 3:00 PM
No, think kantwin is correct. 14 teams in the SEC now. This is what Saban was pushing for I think, but he was shot down. Play your 4 cream puffs like all the big boys do, and that leaves only 8 games in the conference. That would be 6 games within your division, and don't think that is gonna happen.
Check out the Aggie's site; it shows 6 division games last year, 6 division games this year and 6 division games next year...I think it's safe to say that they will play the other 6 teams in their division each year, just a hunch. :)

It also looks like the conference is set up to play 2 interdivisional games, with Missouri being a yearly opponent for A&M...probably because of their old Big XII ties.

www.aggieathletics.com (http://www.aggieathletics.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=632662&SPID=93232&DB_OEM_ID=27300&Q_SEASON=2013)