PDA

View Full Version : A&M Losing to Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
August 31st, 2013, 1:00 PM
They better Manziel in the game soon.

CenTexDave
August 31st, 2013, 4:50 PM
They turned it around.
Manziel played well, but got yanked after an unsportsmanlike penalty for mouthing off to a Rice defender who mimmicked signinig an autograph. lol
Defense didn't impress me much giving up 38.

cnjbond
August 31st, 2013, 5:06 PM
They turned it around.
Manziel played well, but got yanked after an unsportsmanlike penalty for mouthing off to a Rice defender who mimmicked signinig an autograph. lol
Defense didn't impress me much giving up 38.

Like I said before, Coach Sumlin and crew have their work cut out for them concerning that kid. I could tell he was pretty pissed in the postgame interview about that unsportsmanlike penalty.

blueeagle
August 31st, 2013, 5:18 PM
Too much, too soon.

CenTexDave
August 31st, 2013, 5:44 PM
Sorry, Rice scored 31 on them, not 38. I realize A&M suspended 4 defensive players just before the game.
Ohio State didn't look all that great either, but they also had suspended players.
But Alabama is just rolling Virginia Tech right now.

kantwin
August 31st, 2013, 6:06 PM
Sorry, Rice scored 31 on them, not 38. I realize A&M suspended 4 defensive players just before the game.
Ohio State didn't look all that great either, but they also had suspended players.
But Alabama is just rolling Virginia Tech right now.

Roll TIDE!

CenTexDave
August 31st, 2013, 6:23 PM
Yeah, they are rolling because of their D and special teams. Offense only has 95 yards at halftime.

bbh
August 31st, 2013, 8:04 PM
This article is an article by CBS columnist Gregg Doyle with his take on Manziel's behavior today and about the character issue. He thinks Manziel is uncontrollable.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/23417564/johnny-manziels-return-brilliant-play-tinged-with-stupid-moves

CenTexDave
August 31st, 2013, 8:12 PM
ESPN's college studio crew ate him alive. This kid has serious issues.
And the problem, at least to me and these announcers, is that A&M and the coaches keep sticking up for him and don't discipline him because he's the superstar. Sooner or later they will have to, or they will lose control of the team. Bench his little butt and see how fast he changes.
They also talked about how the NCAA is now running scared and didn't want to discipline him.
Just that pic of him after the game tells it all - the only one with a visor on. It's called a uniform for a reason you fool!!!!!!!!!!!

FieryPrincess
August 31st, 2013, 8:30 PM
and at A&M no less.

I had a better opinion of their football program until now.

He's going to sully the entire esprit de corps that A&M banks on which could ultimately change the entire culture of the college and not in a good way. Alums should phone in with concerns.

sojourner truth
August 31st, 2013, 8:55 PM
Sic 'em Baylor Bears....

CenTexDave
September 1st, 2013, 8:26 AM
Baylor kicked some butt yesterday, but was a vastly inferior opponent.
Texas finally caught fire after being behind New Mexico State.
And Kansas State lost to North Dakota State. :))

Grammar Rules
September 1st, 2013, 10:34 AM
This article is an article by CBS columnist Gregg Doyle with his take on Manziel's behavior today and about the character issue. He thinks Manziel is uncontrollable.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/23417564/johnny-manziels-return-brilliant-play-tinged-with-stupid-moves

Good article. I'm beginning to wonder if this is more than classless, immature, arrogance. He's almost acting like a sociopath with no empathy or regard for anyone else. What a tragic misfit.

CenTexDave
September 1st, 2013, 10:46 AM
Most of us never heard of this kid until his coming out last year. I wonder if he was like this in high school. He just seems like a little spoiled brat whose parents gave him everything he wanted (had a Mercedes in high school) and never applied any discipline.

FieryPrincess
September 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM
He just doesn't sound like an Aggie.

blueeagle
September 1st, 2013, 3:13 PM
His comeuppance will come when he tries to play in the NFL, he is too short. And yes, I know Doug Flutie succeeded for a while, but he did not have this kid's attitude. I hate this, because I love A&M.

CenTexDave
September 1st, 2013, 4:28 PM
He's the same size as Drew Brees. RG3 is 6'2-1/2". Not a whole lot of difference in height, but what a difference in attitude.

blueeagle
September 1st, 2013, 6:51 PM
I did not know that. Somehow, they appear taller........attitude maybe!!