PDA

View Full Version : Second Amendment Law Changes Texas

circle_c
August 28th, 2013, 7:43 PM
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/8/texas-key-pro-second-amendment-law-changes-to-take-effect-this-sunday.aspx (http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/8/texas-key-pro-second-amendment-law-changes-to-take-effect-this-sunday.aspx)

mac
August 28th, 2013, 8:12 PM
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/8/texas-key-pro-second-amendment-law-changes-to-take-effect-this-sunday.aspx (http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/8/texas-key-pro-second-amendment-law-changes-to-take-effect-this-sunday.aspx)

?????????????????.,.....mac

Mestral
August 29th, 2013, 3:27 AM
?????????????????.,.....mac
I assume you don't want to follow the link. Understandable in today's computing environment, although I would expect the NRA website to be safe.

The Texas Legislature passed a record number of pro-gun measures before adjourning its 2013 regular session on Memorial Day. A number of these new laws will take effect this Sunday, September 1:

SB 1907 by state Senator Glenn Hegar (R-Katy) and state Representative Tim Kleinschmidt (R-Lexington) prohibits public and private colleges and universities from adopting administrative rules banning the possession, transportation and storage of lawfully-owned firearms and ammunition in private motor vehicles by students and visitors with Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHLs).

SB 299 by state Senator Craig Estes (R-Wichita Falls) and state Representative Kenneth Sheets (R-Dallas) protects CHLs against charges of unlawful carry for the accidental display of a handgun.

SB 864 by state Senator Donna Campbell (R-New Braunfels) and state Representative Dan Flynn (R-Canton) reduces the minimum number of required classroom training hours for an original CHL from 10-15 to 4-6 hours, making it far more convenient for license applicants to exercise their right to self-defense.

HB 48 by state Representative Flynn and state Senator Dan Patrick (R-Houston) streamlines the process for renewal of a CHL by eliminating the continuing education requirement and handgun proficiency demonstration. License holders would still be required to renew their licenses every five years, but they would be provided an informational form regarding firearm and deadly force laws, which must be signed and submitted with the renewal application.

September 1 also marks the two-year anniversary of the NRA-backed employee/parking lot protection law taking effect, which was sponsored by state Senator Hegar and Representative Kleinschmidt. . . .

ithoughtso
August 29th, 2013, 7:46 AM
I assume you don't want to follow the link. Understandable in today's computing environment, although I would expect the NRA website to be safe.

Now, if we can get all the local cops to read these new laws we might be ok.

Ludwig
August 29th, 2013, 8:41 AM

We need not worry about the "local cops" for they only report... it is the prosecutors whom we need to fear. How long will it be before some fool decides that the relaxation on accidental reveal means open carry for all intent and purpose. :)

circle_c
August 29th, 2013, 9:44 AM
It either is, or isn't accidental.

Mestral
August 29th, 2013, 3:26 PM

I am not sure if we can get anybody to actually read anything (other than a novel) nowadays.
And then, I wonder if it is only the teachers on here that read those.

kantwin
August 29th, 2013, 3:30 PM
We need not worry about the "local cops" for they only report... it is the prosecutors whom we need to fear. How long will it be before some fool decides that the relaxation on accidental reveal means open carry for all intent and purpose. :)
Open carry of a handgun makes more sense than open carry of a rifle, in my opinion.
Open carry of a rifle in town is just silly.

Mestral
August 29th, 2013, 3:51 PM
Open carry of a handgun makes more sense than open carry of a rifle, in my opinion.
Open carry of a rifle in town is just silly.Well, I would agree, if it was a run from a near downtown apartment to a supermarket, and you kept it on your shoulder the whole time. But one of the reasons for that is all the trucks that used to have a gun rack in the back window. And all the farmers and ranchers that drove into town. And a couple of my friends that hunt on the weekend, but drive open bodied vehicles (motorcycles and some kinds of jeeps).