PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber AR

Dagobert II
August 14th, 2013, 8:49 PM
Hmm, carbon fiber. Of course it should be lighter than aluminum and perhaps give less of a metallic signature, though I'm sure the barrel and bolt will still be metal. It may also stand up better to corrosion and heat. Now, what's the cost? I wonder if a carbon fiber slide would work on a polymer handgun?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el_PmZoinl8

CenTexDave
August 14th, 2013, 9:38 PM
This is "home and garden"? :))

Dagobert II
August 15th, 2013, 9:18 AM
Sorry, thought it was 'gun talk', though I guess it could be 'home and garden' too.

sojourner truth
August 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Bat girl was shooting snakes in the garden....

Mestral
August 15th, 2013, 6:04 PM
Hmm, carbon fiber. Of course it should be lighter than aluminum and perhaps give less of a metallic signature, though I'm sure the barrel and bolt will still be metal. It may also stand up better to corrosion and heat. Now, what's the cost? I wonder if a carbon fiber slide would work on a polymer handgun? Yes, it will have less of a metallic signature. The bolt and barrel will have to be metal, so the gain isn't a lot. Yes, a carbon fiber slide will work on a polymer handgun, as carbon fiber is a type of polymer. It will be bulkier than metal, and so, will be harder to conceal. May not make a lot of difference, I don't know.