PDA

View Full Version : The Ocean Can't Reclaim New York Fast Enough For Me.

Dagobert II
June 14th, 2013, 5:51 PM
http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/new-york-city-wants-3d-gun-registration/21854?tag=nl.e660&s_cid=e660&ttag=e660&ftag=

CenTexDave
June 14th, 2013, 7:58 PM
Hopefully it takes the idiot mayor too.

sojourner truth
June 14th, 2013, 8:08 PM
No no you 2...Let them stay where they are. Remember what we got in Texas after Katrina before you start wishing things like that.

Grammar Rules
June 14th, 2013, 9:11 PM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/06/10/texas-gov-perry-coming-to-new-york-connecticut-to-lure-businesses-away/

Bad news. The governor is inviting businesses from NY. Some of them are run by New Yorkers.

sojourner truth
June 14th, 2013, 10:20 PM
That's OK...Those people are "business people"...There is a difference.:))

Grammar Rules
June 14th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Elitist! :))

Dagobert II
June 15th, 2013, 2:04 PM
Hopefully it takes the idiot mayor too. Hopefully that'll be one BIG gulp forced down his throat.

Mestral
June 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/06/10/texas-gov-perry-coming-to-new-york-connecticut-to-lure-businesses-away/
Bad news. The governor is inviting businesses from NY. Some of them are run by New Yorkers.This is in the gun talk section of the board.
before we get dinged for being off topic, the businesses he invited include gun manufactures. :)

sojourner truth
June 16th, 2013, 1:23 PM
Yep...Not exactly New Yorks favorite industry...Now, if we could get some ammo producers here locally, that would be a good thing...Shoot, I'd even accept some from a foriegn country...say California or Colorado.

Mestral
June 16th, 2013, 2:54 PM
I know colorado has been on the list to court their gun manufactures, and I think he has been courting a couple of ammo manufactures too (but I could be mistaken about that).

IronErnin
June 16th, 2013, 4:25 PM
If Gov. Goodhair can't get an established manufacturer to relocate here, I'm sure he knows someone with the money and / or the know how to start up such a company.

Mestral
June 16th, 2013, 4:35 PM
If Gov. Goodhair can't get an established manufacturer to relocate here, I'm sure he knows someone with the money and / or the know how to start up such a company.It's not as easy as you think, and would probably require TX Nat Guard to secure them from the DHS thugs.

Dagobert II
June 16th, 2013, 9:56 PM
Yep...Not exactly New Yorks favorite industry...Now, if we could get some ammo producers here locally, that would be a good thing...Shoot, I'd even accept some from a foriegn country...say California or Colorado. I believe there's a Tula distributor in Round Rock. http://www.manta.com/c/mtgq621/tulammo-usa-inc

Mestral
June 17th, 2013, 2:04 AM
I believe there's a Tula distributor in Round Rock. http://www.manta.com/c/mtgq621/tulammo-usa-inc
Distributors are nice. We want manufactures.

Mestral
November 28th, 2013, 6:24 PM
Don't know if this is a hoax or not. IIRC, the law says no more than 7 rounds allowed in a weapon in NYC, so, since the letter says 5 rounds, that is suspect. Plus the web site is notorious for being "all over the map" on its postings (pro and con 2nd Amendment authors, not truth and lies). I'll be keeping an eye on this.

The picture on the page is a notice, allegedly sent from NYPD to gun owners. And, based on the second line in the letterhead, I suspect it IS a hoax. But Liberal Governments have been know to do some mighty stupid things, so advanced notice is a good thing. (Especially when other countries, like Kalifornia, have done registration, followed by confiscation already)
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/11/robert-farago/begins-new-york-sending-gun-confiscation-notices/

New York’s SAFE Act is a bad, bad thing. It requires people to register, sell or transfer (out of state) “assault rifles” and “high capacity” magazines. Many Empire State gun and standard capacity ammunition magazine owners have complied. Many have not. So, at some point, the State’s gonna go get ‘em. People on both sides of the law enforcement divide will die and the s will hit the fan. Meanwhile, there it is: the reason why expanded background checks, indeed all background checks and any type of registration, set the stage for confiscation. And tyranny. [ED: This notice was sent for New York City residents, based on New York City laws, not necessarily SAFE Act provisions.] [h/t DrVino]

Mestral
November 28th, 2013, 7:06 PM
UPDATE: In trying to research if it is a hoax or not, I discovered the law in NY is indeed 5 rounds max. The law was passed sometime last January. Wow, City of Libtards. (Yes, I know it is a state law)
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/ADC/10/3/10-306

Here is a list (http://www.policymic.com/articles/23757/new-york-gun-control-law-exposed-15-more-measures-left-out-of-final-bill)of things that supposedly didn't make it into the law, but...
1. Confiscation of "assault weapons"
2. Confiscation of ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder's information to be replaced to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as "assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons
Actually about 12 of the 15 are de-facto contained in the law.

So, if the letter is a hoax, it is only because such letters haven't been sent yet.
No definitive word yet.

Mestral
May 23rd, 2014, 3:35 PM
This is in the gun talk section of the board.
before we get dinged for being off topic, the businesses he invited include gun manufactures. :)

Yep...Not exactly New Yorks favorite industry...Now, if we could get some ammo producers here locally, that would be a good thing...Shoot, I'd even accept some from a foriegn country...say California or Colorado.Well, some of the news is in, and Remington has decided to move two gun production lines from New York to Huntsville AL.
http://whnt.com/2014/05/20/new-york-lawmakers-complain-alabamas-remington-gain-due-in-part-to-gun-friendly-political-climate/

Too bad they didn't pick TX, but at least they left NewYork.

mac
May 23rd, 2014, 8:43 PM
we might wanna be careful what we wish for. the recent influx of folks from the likes of California and Colorado have already altered the political landscape just a little north of us. remember, they bring their ideology with them.......look what we got out of new Orleans! it might just be time to start puttin' on the brakes.....mac

IronErnin
May 24th, 2014, 5:55 AM
It's not as easy as you think, and would probably require TX Nat Guard to secure them from the DHS thugs.

Why would any manufacturer, in Texas, need protection from DHS thugs? And if they did, a couple Texas rangers, should be more than adequate. "Remember, one riot, one one ranger!

Mestral
September 3rd, 2014, 7:19 PM
Don't know if this is a hoax or not. IIRC, the law says no more than 7 rounds allowed in a weapon in NYC, so, since the letter says 5 rounds, that is suspect. Plus the web site is notorious for being "all over the map" on its postings (pro and con 2nd Amendment authors, not truth and lies). I'll be keeping an eye on this.

The picture on the page is a notice, allegedly sent from NYPD to gun owners. And, based on the second line in the letterhead, I suspect it IS a hoax. But Liberal Governments have been know to do some mighty stupid things, so advanced notice is a good thing. (Especially when other countries, like Kalifornia, have done registration, followed by confiscation already)
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/11/robert-farago/begins-new-york-sending-gun-confiscation-notices/
New York’s SAFE Act is a bad, bad thing. It requires people to register, sell or transfer (out of state) “assault rifles” and “high capacity” magazines. Many Empire State gun and standard capacity ammunition magazine owners have complied. Many have not. So, at some point, the State’s gonna go get ‘em. People on both sides of the law enforcement divide will die and the s will hit the fan. Meanwhile, there it is: the reason why expanded background checks, indeed all background checks and any type of registration, set the stage for confiscation. And tyranny. [ED: This notice was sent for New York City residents, based on New York City laws, not necessarily SAFE Act provisions.] [h/t DrVino]

It looks like the next step towards confiscation is taking place in NY.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/03/gun-shop-owner-says-hes-been-forced-to-turn-over-165-customer-records-why-he-fears-door-to-door-confiscation-could-be-next/

The owner of a New York gun shop says he was given 24 hours to comply with a “request” from the New York State Police to turn over records of all customers who have purchased “bullet button” AR-15 rifles since the passage of the hastily-passed SAFE Act in 2013.

Joseph F. Palumbo, owner of the Albion Gun Shop in Albion, New York, told TheBlaze on Wednesday he had no choice but to turn over roughly 165 customer records last week. Now, both he and his customers are concerned that “door-to-door confiscation” or “warrantless searches” could come next.

An AR-15 with a “bullet button” modification makes it so the rifle’s magazine is not detachable without a special tool. Though the legality of bullet button semi-automatic rifles appears to murky under the SAFE Act’s unclear definition of a “detachable” magazine, Palumbo said he was only recently informed in “vague” terms that the weapons he sold are not compliant under the law.

It is illegal to purchase or sell semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines in New York following the passage of the SAFE Act. Rifles obtained before the gun control law was passed are required to be registered with the state government. The law also limits all magazine capacity to 10 rounds, regardless of when they were made or purchased.

fchafey
September 3rd, 2014, 9:47 PM
God Bless Texas..... if it wasnt for the yearly trip north to visit my 86 year old mother, I would never go up there. The gun laws are a joke, all it takes is one day trip to PA. NC for cigarettes and fireworks works too.....

Mestral
September 4th, 2014, 7:03 AM
I fear they will ignite a civil war with their stupid attempts at gun control.
And I fear the civil war will fail to ignite.
Either direction would be a disaster.

sojourner truth
September 4th, 2014, 7:22 AM
I'd love to know how many illegal firearms there are in NY... We all know the thugs have tons of them... Now I am wondering how many solid citizens also have them.

More than many might think, I suspect.

CenTexDave
September 4th, 2014, 7:44 AM
Why would any manufacturer, in Texas, need protection from DHS thugs? And if they did, a couple Texas rangers, should be more than adequate. "Remember, one riot, one one ranger!

You have watched too much "Walker, Texas Ranger". :))

CenTexDave
September 4th, 2014, 7:46 AM
I'd love to know how many illegal firearms there are in NY... We all know the thugs have tons of them... Now I am wondering how many solid citizens also have them.

More than many might think, I suspect.

Sure wish I did. Used to have a claymore, LAW and a grenade, but when I moved here - drove from South Carolina to Fort Hood - I didn't want to take a chance of being stopped with that stuff in the car so sold them.

Dagobert II
September 4th, 2014, 7:46 AM
I fear they will ignite a civil war with their stupid attempts at gun control.
And I fear the civil war will fail to ignite.
Either direction would be a disaster. There's always the possibility of something in between, like the 'war' on drugs with casualties on both sides while innocent third parties. and civil liberties, take the bulk of the casualties.

Mestral
September 4th, 2014, 7:49 AM

More than many might think, I suspect.It is expected, between NY and CT, there are more than 1 million rifles and handguns of designs that currently under attack by the forces of tyranny.

But, if the governments of those states can confiscate even 1% of those, there will a choice for the entire population
to either rise up violently against the government or capitulate and be led into slavery.
Once it happens to 1% of the population of those states, there is no going back.

Death by either Strychnine or Hemlock. What a choice.

Mestral
September 4th, 2014, 7:59 AM
There's always the possibility of something in between, like the 'war' on drugs with casualties on both sides while innocent third parties. and civil liberties, take the bulk of the casualties.There was no "war" on drugs, only a sorry excuse of suppression of the trade.
That would fit my definition of "failed to ignite."

sojourner truth
September 4th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Made me laugh... I am reading one of those "aliens invade earth" sci fi books where the first thing the president did after ET gets on the ground was to lift all restrictions from buying firearms and ammo, and repealed all laws concerning magazine capacity...

He was too late of course, and the run on the stores was tremendous.. No background checks, and even convicted felons were allowed to buy in order to defend themselves.

Only in the world of fiction folks.

Mestral
September 4th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Made me laugh... I am reading one of those "aliens invade earth" sci fi books where the first thing the president did after ET gets on the ground was to lift all restrictions from buying firearms and ammo, and repealed all laws concerning magazine capacity...

He was too late of course, and the run on the stores was tremendous.. No background checks, and even convicted felons were allowed to buy in order to defend themselves.

Only in the world of fiction folks.The author is, of course, too generous with his assumptions about the establishment.
It is more likely the establishment would prohibit any hostilities against the aliens, lest we make them angry.
Never mind that they see us as food... [remembering War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells]
The current establishment might even side with the aliens, hoping they will be eaten last.

sojourner truth
September 4th, 2014, 4:58 PM
Well, I knew it was science fiction because the president in the story was a Republican, and an ex Army Colonel.

Mestral
September 22nd, 2014, 7:21 AM
Another good use for gun registration (http://memoryholeblog.com/2014/09/08/gun-control-down-under/#more-12538):
Brought to you by those who keep trumpeting Australia as a model of gun control (since Britain is now pretty obviously a disaster)

from the Daily Telegraph.

“Hundreds of guns stolen across NSW as thieves target private homes and firearms charges rise” is the headline Mark Morri has used to introduce his report.

This is followed by:

THIEVES are targeting the private homes of registered gun owners as NSW’s illegal firearms crisis escalates.

Nearly 600 guns have been stolen in the past year. Of the 578 weapons stolen about 80 per cent were from homes, mainly in rural NSW, according to the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics.

The bureau said there had been a 34 per cent increase in “prohibited and regulated weapons offences”.

This raises the question as to exactly how did the thieves know which residencies had accessible firearms and the appropriate time to burgle those residencies?

If we consider these 56% of firearms stolen whilst appropriately stored and locked in secure ‘gunsafes’ then exactly how were these firearms stolen?

A retired resident of the Riverina District in New South Wales, who is a retired gunsmith, has told me that of the cases he was aware of in his district, most of the thefts involved the thieves using grinders to cut open the gunsafes. There was only one case where the thieves used a trolley to remove the gunsafe.

In the State of Tasmania it was reported that the majority of thefts there involved the entire gunsafe being trolleyed out of the residence. The Tasmanians also noted that these burglaries normally occurred about a month after a visit by a Police Firearms Inspector!Are we getting the picture?

Mestral
November 10th, 2014, 7:10 AM
It looks like the next step towards confiscation is taking place in NY.
gun-shop-owner-says-hes-been-forced-to-turn-over-165-customer-records-why-he-fears-door-to-door-confiscation-could-be-next/ (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/03/gun-shop-owner-says-hes-been-forced-to-turn-over-165-customer-records-why-he-fears-door-to-door-confiscation-could-be-next/)And more of the "confiscation always follows registration:"

Buffalo Police Department Confiscates Guns From Widows (http://www.captainsjournal.com/2014/11/09/buffalo-police-department-confiscates-guns-from-widows/)
BY HERSCHEL SMITH
8 hours, 52 minutes ago
WGRZ.com (http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/local/downtown/2014/11/08/bpd-checks-death-records-and-pistol-permit-records/18741131/):

BUFFALO, NY – Buffalo Police say they’re determined to get more guns off the streets and now they’re checking to see whether pistol permit holders have passed away and what happened to their gun or guns.

During a press conference last week regarding weapons brought in illegally from Pennsylvania, police officials told reporters their biggest problem with weapons in crimes seems to involve guns that are stolen in burglaries from homes.

They feel that, in some cases, families are holding on to weapons even after the person who bought them originally has died.

So now they’re actually looking for those situations.

“We recently started a program where we’re cross referencing all the pistol permit holders with the death records, and we’re sending people out to collect the guns whenever possible so that they don’t end up in the wrong hands,” said Police Commissioner Daniel Derrenda.” Because at times they lay out there and the family is not aware of them and they end up just out on the street.”

Some police agencies give families of the deceased permit holder 15 days to sell or transfer a weapon or weapons held with the permit to another permit holder or a dealer.

Forget passing down heirlooms to family members, or bequeathing cherished things to those you love. The state has decided to send the Gestapo to collect your stuff. Instead of calling it “stealing private property,” which would land you or me in prison, they do it all under the rubric of protecting the safety of the public. That’s always the stated reason, no?

The Bible has strong words for those who would mistreat and take advantage of widows and orphans. Men like this are the lowest of the low, and God will judge them for their actions. Those men have no right to weeping and gnashing of teeth on judgment day – they have been warned concerning their sin.

Mestral
November 10th, 2014, 8:28 AM
"An unconstitutional law is void." So says the standard legal text American Jurisprudence. That is certainly true. The tricky part is how we are to make that point when the local, state and federal executive and legislative branches as well as the courts are in the hands of the domestic enemies of the Constitution. -- Mike Vanderboegh, speech at Hartford, CT, 20 April 2013.

mac
November 10th, 2014, 12:20 PM
i'm not sure I know what "void" means in this context but does it really matter whether or not a law or rule is constitutional and/or void as long as you're being punished for being in violation of it?.....mac

Dagobert II
November 10th, 2014, 12:26 PM
i'm not sure I know what "void" means in this context but does it really matter whether or not a law or rule is constitutional and/or void as long as you're being punished for being in violation of it?.....mac And if one is never punished does it really matter whether or not a law or rule is valid? Ultimately, only reality matters. It is what it is.