PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals

cnjbond
June 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Spurs take game 1, in South Beach....GO SPURS!!!

xzochye
June 6th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Did you see that last shot by Parker? That man is AWESOME!!

CenTexDave
June 7th, 2013, 4:38 AM
I think the Pacers wore out Miami, while the Spurs had a nice break.

cnjbond
June 7th, 2013, 7:56 AM
Did you see that last shot by Parker? That man is AWESOME!!

I went from cursing at him for stumbling and bumbling on that play to wanting to vote him MVP for that game clinching shot!

xzochye
June 7th, 2013, 8:17 AM
I went from cursing at him for stumbling and bumbling on that play to wanting to vote him MVP for that game clinching shot!

Right! I was yelling at my dang TV set...LOL

Rick
June 7th, 2013, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uAxyRObcl4Y

cnjbond
June 7th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Right! I was yelling at my dang TV set...LOL
And how about that clutch shot Duncan hit right before the end of the 1st half after JUST checking back into the game for the final couple of seconds?!!!

xzochye
June 7th, 2013, 10:30 AM
It was a really good, on the edge of your seat game! They way a finals game should be!

It's interesting in my house right now. My son is a diehard Heat fan. Before the game yesterday he made comments that 76% of the teams that won the 1st game in the finals have won the series and that heat has home court advantage yadda yadda yadda. Well, when the Spurs won I threw that back at him and he replied with in the last 2 finals the losing team had won the first game. Love how he tries to manipulate facts to suit him! Lol

cnjbond
June 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
It was a really good, on the edge of your seat game! They way a finals game should be!

It's interesting in my house right now. My son is a diehard Heat fan. Before the game yesterday he made comments that 76% of the teams that won the 1st game in the finals have won the series and that heat has home court advantage yadda yadda yadda. Well, when the Spurs won I threw that back at him and he replied with in the last 2 finals the losing team had won the first game. Love how he tries to manipulate facts to suit him! Lol
He might have a future as a politician!! :)

CenTexDave
June 7th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Was a great shot, but let's be honest here - he threw up a prayer. He knew the shot clock was about about 0.0 so he just tossed it up there.

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2013, 11:07 AM
If Miami loses tonight they are dead meat.
Can't believe I read an article on ESPN.com criticizing LeBron James for giving up the ball too much. Sure, he only scored 18, but he had 18 rebounds and 10 assists - a triple double. If he would have scored 30 and they still lost someone would be barking that he is selfish and should have passed the ball.

xzochye
June 9th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Can't believe I read an article on ESPN.com criticizing LeBron James for giving up the ball too much. Sure, he only scored 18, but he had 18 rebounds and 10 assists - a triple double. If he would have scored 30 and they still lost someone would be barking that he is selfish and should have passed the ball.

Miami's problem is they can't figure out what to do about Parker. The man is little but he is AWESOME in what he does! GO SPURS GO!

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Yep, Parker is what makes them go for sure.
But I wouldn't count out the Heat yet. Last year's finals they lost the first game to OKC - then ran off 4 straight wins.

xzochye
June 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Yep, Parker is what makes them go for sure.
But I wouldn't count out the Heat yet. Last year's finals they lost the first game to OKC - then ran off 4 straight wins.

Yeah but look at who they played!:))

I think Heat will win tonight but Spurs will take it in game 5.

xzochye
June 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM

cnjbond
June 9th, 2013, 5:47 PM
I'm not a Le-flop James fan but I agree he's in a no win situation with the "experts". He's the only reason they even made it to the finals after the other 2/3s of their Big 3 went AWOL!!! Like I said, I don't like him, but that kid can play!

xzochye
June 9th, 2013, 7:02 PM
Tonight is going to be interesting with Crawford as the ref. He has a history of ejecting Duncan and Lebron.

FieryPrincess
June 9th, 2013, 7:17 PM
I feel badly for LeBron. The talking heads (my husband likes to watch) just won't shut up about him! Win or lose, they will be arguing why it is and isn't his fault.

Someone needs to remind Miami that San Antonio just isn't afraid of a little Heat.

cnjbond
June 9th, 2013, 9:26 PM
Ooooooowweeeeee, that was a BUTT WHOOPIN!!!

xzochye
June 9th, 2013, 9:31 PM
Ooooooowweeeeee, that was a BUTT WHOOPIN!!!

Sure was! But it's okay next 3 are at home!

FieryPrincess
June 10th, 2013, 1:13 AM
Popovitch didn't look too concerned. I like to think its all part of a strategy to wear out the "kids" so the veterans can do more at home.

cnjbond
June 10th, 2013, 8:32 AM
Popovitch didn't look too concerned. I like to think its all part of a strategy to wear out the "kids" so the veterans can do more at home.

I think that became the strategy after the 3rd quarter and the Heat went on that ridiculous run. He knew it would hurt in the long run if he kept the starters in to try and make a comeback because even if by some miracle the Spurs were able to come back, they would've been exhausted for the rest of the series.

mac
June 10th, 2013, 10:23 AM
damm! that really hurt.......mac

FieryPrincess
June 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
A loss is loss. By 1 or more its still a loss. The fact that Miami ran away with it so badly shows that (1) the young'uns don't have he sense to conserve energy and (2) the coach isn't in charge or he would have told them to throttle back and save some.

I think that the Spurs biggest competitor is the NBA refs and the bookmakers that were able to get the NFL to immediately do something about the NFL replacement refs.

mac
June 10th, 2013, 4:09 PM
i certainly agree with you regarding the refs. i've seen it in the arena AND on the tube......sometimes it's just outrageously obvious. they sure hated to let that bucket count the other night that parker somehow got rid of in time.....mac

A loss is loss. By 1 or more its still a loss. The fact that Miami ran away with it so badly shows that (1) the young'uns don't have he sense to conserve energy and (2) the coach isn't in charge or he would have told them to throttle back and save some.

I think that the Spurs biggest competitor is the NBA refs and the bookmakers that were able to get the NFL to immediately do something about the NFL replacement refs.

xzochye
June 10th, 2013, 4:52 PM
i certainly agree with you regarding the refs. i've seen it in the arena AND on the tube......sometimes it's just outrageously obvious. they sure hated to let that bucket count the other night that parker somehow got rid of in time.....mac

I don't think that shot really bothered them.

When ever Crawford is officiating there is issues. He hates the Spurs.

cnjbond
June 11th, 2013, 10:27 PM
The Spurs put on a 3 point clinic tonight...that was ridiculous!!!!

Grammar Rules
June 12th, 2013, 6:59 AM
Ridiculously great! :))

CenTexDave
June 12th, 2013, 8:15 AM
Miami looked terrible. They have let the Spurs get in their heads and dictate play. Series may go 6 games, but it's as good as over.

xzochye
June 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Miami looked terrible. They have let the Spurs get in their heads and dictate play. Series may go 6 games, but it's as good as over.

Spurs in 5!

mac
June 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM
wow! payback is a ..........er, payback is brutal!.....mac

FieryPrincess
June 12th, 2013, 11:21 AM
If the teams play each other, the I know the Spurs are the better team.

I worry that the refs are going to change things in favor if the Heat.

mac
June 12th, 2013, 11:57 AM
yeppers....i have the same ...angst....mac

xzochye
June 12th, 2013, 12:11 PM

That is a real possibility if we get Crawford again.

FieryPrincess
June 12th, 2013, 1:27 PM
I have a friend and former colleague in San Antonio who is originally from Indiana. She swears that something was rigged in that game seven in favor of the Heat.

xzochye
June 12th, 2013, 1:38 PM
Apparently Parker has a "slight" hamstring strain. Hopefully with some antinflamatory drugs and some massaging he will be able to go tomorrow.

CenTexDave
June 13th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Didn't matter if Parker went or not.
Wade and Bosh both stepped up big time and played great. LeBron looked like his usual self, and Miami's defense was excellent.
Down to a 3 game series now, and I don't think I care to make any predictions in this one. lol

cnjbond
June 13th, 2013, 11:50 PM
The Spurs needed this one...not sure if their horses can keep up with the Heat's for 3 more games.

CenTexDave
June 14th, 2013, 7:27 AM
While I want the Spurs to win, I have a feeling that Miami will win this thing.
And now two days of rest before the next battle on Sunday. Both will want it bad - games fives are pivotal.

mac
June 14th, 2013, 12:00 PM
i'm afraid dave and bond might be right......doesn't look good. spurs in the clutch? been there done that too many times...mac

corgifan
June 14th, 2013, 1:03 PM
This finals has a pattern developing:
Spurs win game 1: No surprise. The Spurs are a better "team" than those hotshots on the Heat!
Heat win game 2: The Heat wanted it more. There's no stopping them now!
Spurs win game 3: No surprise. The Spurs are a better "team" than those hotshots on the Heat!
Heat win game 4: The Heat wanted it more. There's no stopping them now!
Wake me up when there are 2 minutes left in game 7. That promises to be the best 30 minutes of action in the series!

xzochye
June 14th, 2013, 1:27 PM
It may not be in game 5 like I was saying but I am still going for the Spurs! GO SPURS GO!

FieryPrincess
June 14th, 2013, 1:55 PM
Wade and Bosch are all or nothing players, aren't they?

It seems to boil down to if they're going to produce or not. If they have an off night, the Spurs win. If they have an "on" night, Spurs lose.

If those kids ever learn consistency, the NBA is in trouble.

Reminds me of Shaq and his free-throws.

CenTexDave
June 14th, 2013, 3:08 PM
Shaq and his free throws? Ever see Wilt Chamberlain? :bluerofl

cnjbond
June 14th, 2013, 4:28 PM
I think it's time for Pop to sit Genobli down a little longer and Tiago "No Ups" Splitter needs to find a pair of those old Nike's with the little air pump in them. I've never seen someone get shorter when they jump...the dude is nearly 7' and has like a -2" vertical!!!:doh

xzochye
June 14th, 2013, 6:22 PM
I think it's time for Pop to sit Genobli down a little longer and Tiago "No Ups" Splitter needs to find a pair of those old Nike's with the little air pump in them. I've never seen someone get shorter when they jump...the dude is nearly 7' and has like a -2" vertical!!!:doh

I'm not sure but I think that was some weird clone in Ginobli's jersey last night. I think that was the worst game of his career! Do you remember a few years back in the playoffs with the Mavs his nose was broken? He even played better then with that face mask on!

CenTexDave
June 14th, 2013, 8:00 PM
Ginobili is old. The Spurs are old. Experience is great, but they looked a step slower last night.

xzochye
June 16th, 2013, 9:53 PM
This says it all!

xzochye
June 16th, 2013, 9:54 PM
Ginobili is old. The Spurs are old. Experience is great, but they looked a step slower last night.

Ginobili is what? The Spurs looked what? LOL

cnjbond
June 16th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Ginobili is what? The Spurs looked what? LOL

I guess the pep talk from Pop worked!

CenTexDave
June 17th, 2013, 7:46 AM
I kept waiting for Miami's run and it never happened.:))
This will go 7 games.

Ludwig
June 17th, 2013, 8:44 AM
Yes it will go 7 games... for the max $$. Then the Spurs will come home the victors.

mac
June 17th, 2013, 10:54 AM
WHAT!? say WHAT? i believe a reasonable man (or lady) would say that you just said the spurs would lose intentionally if necessary to go to game 7. shirley that is NOT what you meant to say........is it?....Nope, the spurs will not lose intentionally.......in fact i expect 'em to close it down next game....mac

Yes it will go 7 games... for the max $$. Then the Spurs will come home the victors.

xzochye
June 17th, 2013, 10:57 AM
WHAT!? say WHAT? i believe a reasonable man (or lady) would say that you just said the spurs would lose intentionally if necessary to go to game 7. shirley that is NOT what you meant to say........is it?....Nope, the spurs will not lose intentionally.......in fact i expect 'em to close it down next game....mac

Spurs won't win the next game simply because the Heat are going to come at them full force and with a wild vengeance. There has been a pattern this entire series of that. Spurs will win the series in game 7 but it won't be planned or for the $$. Too much is at stake to just "throw" a game.

mac
June 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
i hear what you're saying and i understand your logic....BUT it's that same "full force and wild vengeance" that think will morph into desperation and contribute to their loss. i kind of feel like they'll be all over the place....except for the scoreboard. i expect james to have one of his worst nights ever. But, of course, this could all be wishful thinking, too.....mac

Spurs won't win the next game simply because the Heat are going to come at them full force and with a wild vengeance. There has been a pattern this entire series of that. Spurs will win the series in game 7 but it won't be planned or for the $$. Too much is at stake to just "throw" a game.

cnjbond
June 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I think Pop will tell the big 3, look here fellas, you have until halftime to show me that you're ready to close this series out...if the score is close or the Heat are up by a lot, y'all will be riding pine until game 7!

FieryPrincess
June 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Here's the thing:

My husband and I were talking and we think it comes down to Bosch and Wade. James is a fairly consistent player. The other two are all over the place. They are seriously hot and cold players. The Spurs play on a consistent high line in terms of skill. yes, it wavers a bit, but it is like a kiddie coaster at Six Flags.

When the Heat 3 are hitting it is an amazingly high line. When they're not, it's amazingly low. Plot their highs and lows and it looks like the Titan at Six Flags.

For the NBA, it seems to weird to have a team that inconsistent and that high up in the finals. I'm not sure what it says, but I don't like any of the implications.

CenTexDave
June 17th, 2013, 2:37 PM

Who is "shirley"??????? :))

xzochye
June 17th, 2013, 2:55 PM
Who is "shirley"??????? :))

Possibly the mare?

Ludwig
June 17th, 2013, 5:02 PM
IMHO, anyone who believes that Professional Sports in the USA are more about sport and than about money is living a life of self-deception.

CenTexDave
June 17th, 2013, 5:15 PM
Same with college, Ludwig. Why do you think all these conferences are starting their own television networks.
A big time college football program can support a whole university's athletic department for the year.

FieryPrincess
June 17th, 2013, 7:27 PM
I know it's all about the money I'm just hoping that it isn't rigged. I AT&T on the fence about that - especially in basketball.

cnjbond
June 17th, 2013, 10:19 PM
I AT&T on the fence about that - especially in basketball.

That has to be the weirdest auto-correct ever!!! LOL

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I think it will go 7 games for sure. The Heat always seem to rise to the occasion when their backs are against the wall.
This game 7 may be a classic.

xzochye
June 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I think it will go 7 games for sure. The Heat always seem to rise to the occasion when their backs are against the wall.
This game 7 may be a classic.

This has definitely been a great series!

FieryPrincess
June 18th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Autocorrect hates me.

a friend has notes on his Facebook page that for game six, thy will be using two refs from game two and one ref from game four. Then they can also use one ref from game two and two refs from game four. My friend feels that the deck is being stacked for the Heat.

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2013, 2:53 PM
They switch off refs all the time. Nothing new.
Any other conspiracy theories? :))

xzochye
June 18th, 2013, 4:23 PM
Crawford did eject Duncan a few years ago in a finals game for laughing. As a result he wasn't able to officiate in a playoff/finals game for a while.

On the other hand Crawford has no problem penalizing the home time, in tight games during the playoffs/finals.

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2013, 4:46 PM
Whooppee. I saw the video of that.
Sounds like you already looking for excuses if Miami takes it all.

xzochye
June 18th, 2013, 7:30 PM
Whooppee. I saw the video of that.
Sounds like you already looking for excuses if Miami takes it all.

No, no excuses at all. I just pointed out that Crawford's history can hurt just as easily as it can help the Spurs.

Actually, the refs have been fairly decent during this series. Not perfect but decent.

Why must you try to read into things when there really isn't anything to read into?

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2013, 8:35 PM
Late first quarter - a questionable call or two against Miami so far.

xzochye
June 18th, 2013, 10:01 PM
This game just might get ugly, very ugly before it is over! But damn! I am loving my SPURS!

cnjbond
June 18th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Man oh man, the Spurs let them back in it! Less than 6mins to go in the 4th and too close to call!

xzochye
June 18th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Man oh man, the Spurs let them back in it! Less than 6mins to go in the 4th and too close to call!

I know! They had such a good lead too!

cnjbond
June 18th, 2013, 10:34 PM
I know! They had such a good lead too!
The Spurs are looking tired, just like I feared would happen if it stayed close at the end...

xzochye
June 18th, 2013, 10:42 PM
The Spurs are looking tired, just like I feared would happen if it stayed close at the end...

I was thinking the same about both teams earlier. If it goes to game 7 it will be interesting because I don't think either team can keep up this pace for another game.

That being said I am on pins and needles right now!

xzochye
June 18th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Crap! Once again I thought it was a sure thing and now I am nervous again!

cnjbond
June 18th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Overtime.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

xzochye
June 18th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Overtime.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I had to go get a strong drink!

cnjbond
June 18th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I had to go get a strong drink!
Make mine a double!!! Why is Ginobli still in the game?!!!!

xzochye
June 18th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Make mine a double!!! Why is Ginobli still in the game?!!!!

Oh this killed me!

cnjbond
June 18th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Spurs looked bad, bad, bad, bad those last couple of minutes in regulation and most of the overtime...I'm still pulling for them but I don't see them winning game 7, their tanks are empty!!

CenTexDave
June 18th, 2013, 11:44 PM
What a nail biter.
Just as I was wondering why Miami still had Chris Bosh in the game he comes up huge. Kinda figured they wouldn't keep LeBron under control all night.
I hope they get a new ref crew for game 7. Terrible, terrible officiating. I'm all in favor of letting them play, but it was getting ridiculous there late in the 4th and in OT.

CenTexDave
June 19th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Game 7 predictions???

cnjbond
June 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I'm still pulling for the Spurs.

FieryPrincess
June 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Depends on the refs.

the refs officiating game six all officiated at a previous game where the Heat beat the Spurs.

I am admittedly ignorant in This situation, but how many refs does the NBa? Are they that short?

CenTexDave
June 19th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Bad officiating last night.
I want the Spurs to win it, but.................

cnjbond
June 19th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Bad officiating last night.
I want the Spurs to win it, but.................
I know what you mean...like I said before, I think the Spurs left everything they had on that court last night....everyone except Oh No Ginobli...

FieryPrincess
June 19th, 2013, 11:29 AM
but the Spurs have to play better than the Heat and the refs.

It's a little like being a corporate female in the 60s. Gotta be twice as good to get the same attention.

xzochye
June 19th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I know what you mean...like I said before, I think the Spurs left everything they had on that court last night....everyone except Oh No Ginobli...

And Green. The dude forgot they were in a championship game last night!

cnjbond
June 19th, 2013, 12:06 PM
One of my biggest complaints was on the play that Ginobli was fouled and he missed the first of two free throws. Why did he even try to score so quickly when they knew the Heat were trying to foul them to stop the clock? He had a guy all by himself that he could've passed the ball to run some more time off the clock. I know they are coached to get the ball in the hands of their higher percentage free throw shooters but they were up by 3 so time to me was a bigger factor...although if he'd made both of those free throws we wouldn't be talking about a Game 7 and shoulda, coulda, wouldas.... :)

xzochye
June 19th, 2013, 12:13 PM
One of my biggest complaints was on the play that Ginobli was fouled and he missed the first of two free throws. Why did he even try to score so quickly when they knew the Heat were trying to foul them to stop the clock? He had a guy all by himself that he could've passed the ball to run some more time off the clock. I know they are coached to get the ball in the hands of their higher percentage free throw shooters but they were up by 3 so time to me was a bigger factor...although if he'd made both of those free throws we wouldn't be talking about a Game 7 and shoulda, coulda, wouldas.... :)

In my opinion Ginobli is losing his cool on the court. I think he wants this ring in a horribly bad way so he can retire this year.

cnjbond
June 19th, 2013, 12:44 PM
In my opinion Ginobli is losing his cool on the court. I think he wants this ring in a horribly bad way so he can retire this year.
Well he might need to win this ring riding the bench!

CenTexDave
June 19th, 2013, 4:27 PM
They finally put a body on Green. He wasn't running around all by himself last night.

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2013, 5:47 PM
Two hours to tip off!!!

xzochye
June 20th, 2013, 6:11 PM
Two hours to tip off!!!

I am ALREADY nervous!

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2013, 6:39 PM
Cheer on the Spurs and hope for the best.
Maybe LeBron will break an ankle. :)

xzochye
June 20th, 2013, 6:42 PM
My son thinks the Heat will blow out the Spurs. Of course I hope the Spurs when but either way I hope it is a close, exciting game. There is a lot at stake tonight and I think both will be playing with a vengance.

mac
June 20th, 2013, 7:05 PM
yeow.....me too. God, I hope this turns out well tonight. i fear a little for parker, hope he doesn't hurt himself too bad....mac

I am ALREADY nervous!

Grammar Rules
June 20th, 2013, 7:07 PM
Watching Kimmel's "Sausage Party" music video. Traumatized.

CenTexDave
June 20th, 2013, 8:00 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen - it's Showtime!!!!!!!!!

xzochye
June 20th, 2013, 8:10 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen - it's Showtime!!!!!!!!!

Can I come watch it with you? My son is already whooping and hollering and annoying the crap out of me. That's with him in his own room!

Grammar Rules
June 20th, 2013, 8:19 PM
That's some desperation.....:)) you think Dave will be quiet?

xzochye
June 20th, 2013, 8:27 PM
That's some desperation.....:)) you think Dave will be quiet?

At least we are for the same team! My son runs around with his Heat jersey on when they score...lol

cnjbond
June 20th, 2013, 9:54 PM
It's a nail biter for sure!!!

cnjbond
June 20th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Miami showed the Spurs how to close out the game with a lead with less than 30 seconds to play. Man I thought Romo was playing for Ginobli with all of those turnovers and stupid passes!!! Green was MIA and when he did finally make a shot, Pop took him out the game. I tell you, this was like watching the Rangers in the World Series in 2011...1 strike away from being crowned the World Series Champions just to give it away. Siiiigggghhhhhhh

corgifan
June 20th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Wake me up when there are 2 minutes left in game 7. That promises to be the best 30 minutes of action in the series!
I was wrong. The last two minutes only took about ten minutes.
The Spurs did well but simply ran out of gas, which explains a lot of the turnovers and bad shots at the end.

xzochye
June 20th, 2013, 11:19 PM
I was wrong. The last two minutes only took about ten minutes.
The Spurs did well but simply ran out of gas, which explains a lot of the turnovers and bad shots at the end.

They had butter on their hands

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2013, 4:40 AM
What a great series. This should go down as one of the all time great championship series. Unfortunately, the Spurs fell just short.
I doubt there are many out there now that don't believe LeBron James is one of the best ever.

cnjbond
June 21st, 2013, 9:02 AM
What a great series. This should go down as one of the all time great championship series. Unfortunately, the Spurs fell just short.
I doubt there are many out there now that don't believe LeBron James is one of the best ever.

It looks like his talent finally caught up with him in South Beach...that kid was on fire last night!!

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2013, 9:23 AM
Only a double-double last night. :))
I hope Ginobili returns. He'll be 36 in a while, but he still can play.
I have a feeling Miami will pretty much stay intact, but they might want to start considering a replacement for Bosh. He was exposed in this series.

Night Owl
June 21st, 2013, 11:05 AM
He has a ways to go before he will be consider one of the greatest ever. Time will tell.

FieryPrincess
June 21st, 2013, 11:30 AM
I still think the Spurs won in an important way.

This was supposed to be a blowout. The Heat was supposed to walk all over the Spurs and blow it out in 4 games. That surely didn't happen. They had to fight for their wins and it did come down to the end of Game 7. These "old guys' weren't supposed to get anything done and they still did (overall) a great job.

And then they were classy in their defeat.

If more teams were like the Spurs and less of the them tried to be the Heat, I might actually start to watch basketball again.

xzochye
June 21st, 2013, 11:42 AM
I think there is a good chance that Ginobli will retire now. He wasn't his normal awesome self this year. He also made comments about how he loves the game but is tired of having to go through physical therapy year after year.

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM
He has a ways to go before he will be consider one of the greatest ever. Time will tell.
Really? His stats the past two seasons exceed even what Jordan accomplished.

cnjbond
June 21st, 2013, 4:31 PM
I still think the Spurs won in an important way.

This was supposed to be a blowout. The Heat was supposed to walk all over the Spurs and blow it out in 4 games. That surely didn't happen. They had to fight for their wins and it did come down to the end of Game 7. These "old guys' weren't supposed to get anything done and they still did (overall) a great job.

And then they were classy in their defeat.

If more teams were like the Spurs and less of the them tried to be the Heat, I might actually start to watch basketball again.

Did you hear what Wade said after the game? He told the commentators that he still doesn't know what some of the Spurs sounds like because they didn't say a word on the court...they would make a shot, block, rebound, or assist and not say ONE word. Just run back down to the other end of the court...yep, the Spurs are CLASSY!!! They'll get 'em next year...if they can get passed the Thunder....

CenTexDave
June 21st, 2013, 5:12 PM
The Thunder without Westbrook just couldn't hang this year.
They'll be back next year.

cnjbond
June 21st, 2013, 6:50 PM
Exactly!!

corgifan
June 22nd, 2013, 6:38 PM
I still think the Spurs won in an important way. This was supposed to be a blowout. The Heat was supposed to walk all over the Spurs and blow it out in 4 games.

I disagree about blowout predictions. Every analysis show I watched both prior to and during the series had expert after expert saying that the series was going to be a nail biter, and they also correctly predicted that the Spurs age/stamina might be a factor. It was at the end of games 6 and 7. But I do agree that the Spurs showed a lot of moxie in the way they left it all out on the court.

corgifan
June 22nd, 2013, 6:41 PM
...yep, the Spurs are CLASSY!!! They'll get 'em next year...if they can get passed the Thunder....

I can't think of a classier team. It starts with Duncan. But they won't get past the Thunder unless they get younger, fast.

cnjbond
June 22nd, 2013, 6:44 PM
Actually they have quite a few youngins on the team...just not ones thst contribute yet. :)

FieryPrincess
June 22nd, 2013, 7:09 PM
Green wasn't food enough to play with James in Cleveland.

And now he has the record for shorting 3s in the playoffs.

the Spurs know how to grow potential.

They might have a year or two of "off" seasons, but they will inevitably be back on another championship bid.