PDA

View Full Version : Cracked driveway

Imagine
June 1st, 2013, 7:17 PM
My poor cement driveway has cracks that are getting deeper and wider. Anyone have any advice for how I can fill/fix them myself? Budget is rather tight right now, so I'm hoping to avoid having to pay a repair person.

IronErnin
June 1st, 2013, 8:06 PM
Go to www.qcidirect.com, they have some products that may be of use to you.
You might wish to try one called "Pli Stix Crack Filler". It is a rope like material and you'll need a propane torch to melt it.
The ordering info is:
Product # 511403. The price is $24.99. If you want to call, the number is 1 800 810 2340.
Hope this helps. :-)

Night Owl
June 1st, 2013, 10:06 PM
Go to Lowes and get tubes of driveway tar.

pioneer
June 2nd, 2013, 12:16 AM
at home depot online it Pli Stix Crack Filler is cheaper and there is 2 sizes of it

Shotgun Jeremy
June 2nd, 2013, 2:05 AM
Have you done a walk around and inspected your foundation? If things are shifting and cracking your driveway-I would keep an eye out for your foundation too.

CenTexDave
June 2nd, 2013, 9:54 AM
How wide and deep are these cracks?? Is there more cracking frequently, or just a few that keep getting wider?

The Torii Fox
June 2nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
I grabbed a jug of something that felt like thinly mixed cement with latex in it from Lowes and tried it on my driveway last week. It was 10-15 bucks I think, and covered several cracks criscrossing my driveway, ranging in size from pencil lead to a quarter inch wide or so. Too early to tell if it stopped the damage but it covered the cracks at least. I do need to touch up in a couple places. Cosmetically, the patch job is MUCH more visible than the cracks were. I wonder about the curb appeal a little.

Ludwig
June 2nd, 2013, 2:31 PM
I grabbed a jug of something that felt like thinly mixed cement with latex in it from Lowes and tried it on my driveway last week. It was 10-15 bucks I think, and covered several cracks criscrossing my driveway, ranging in size from pencil lead to a quarter inch wide or so. Too early to tell if it stopped the damage but it covered the cracks at least. I do need to touch up in a couple places. Cosmetically, the patch job is MUCH more visible than the cracks were. I wonder about the curb appeal a little.

Get a paint roller and cover the entire driveway with the stuff to hide the repairs. Just a thought. BTW: there is a business in town that will do such resurfacing on patios, driveways, and garages. They coated the drive at the church I attend and it looks very good.