PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer M400 With Scope

Rick
May 4th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I went to Cove's Walmart last night and they had 1 Sig and three Colt AR's. Decided to go back this morning and see if they still had any left. They had the Sig and two Colts left, so I bought the Sig for $947. Was more than I wanted to pay, but with the scope, I figured it was at least, a decent deal.

Link to the Rifle. http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sigm400-srp.aspx
Link to the scope. http://sigsauer.com/SigStore/cp1-optical-scope-496.aspx

They even had .223 ammo. $5.27 for a box of 20, limit three.

I went into the PX the other day and picked up two 42 round Promag magazines (http://www.promagindustries.com/product-p/col-a16.htm) for $13.00 each.

sojourner truth
May 4th, 2013, 3:14 PM
Sweet...Hope the scope works well. I use iron sights only, having had a bad experience with some of the new pointing technology.

It's nice that they provided a single short rail up front if you want to add a laser or some other attachment. Is it .223 or 5.56?

If you get the 5.56, you can shoot both out of it......Maybe we need to set up a date for the range to try it out.:)

Ludwig
May 4th, 2013, 3:26 PM
You might want to check the boresight befoe you waste ammo at the range.

Rick
May 4th, 2013, 3:49 PM
It's a 5.56.

I'd prefer the old army sights as well, but the optics ready are cheaper and that gives more options. It's not like I'll be maneuvering through the jungle with it...lol

My son ordered an M&P from Quantico and it came in in three days. He's on his way from Dallas to pick it up today.

Dagobert II
May 4th, 2013, 6:43 PM
Academy had about 6 AR's in the rack and an M1A. I was tempted, but.... Anyway, I'm just glad the dry spell seems to have abated, though the domestic enemies of the constitution are threatening more assault legislation on the constitution.

sojourner truth
May 4th, 2013, 7:51 PM
My bud bought scopes for his AK and AR...Both couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and we couldn't get them even on the paper at 50 yards no matter how hard we tried. I bought a laser boresighter, and that fixed my problems, but old hardhead wanted to do it theold fashioned way. He finally borrowed the laser boresighter from me. Voila...good spots on targets after that. If you don't want to waste time and valuable ammo, get the boresighter.

They now have laser boresighters that mount in the chamber, just like the round does, that are way more accurate than my laser is. Of course, boresighting an AK is difficult because it's all done from the front sight, and you had better have the special tool.

The M1A is a great rifle, but finding ammo for it right now is hard to do, and very expensive. No more surplus cans of 200 rounds for $100. The M1A is supposed to be OK with 308, and I am trying some just to see. Many folks I know who own one have tried with no ill effects.

S and W has a great rifle in the MP series. I have the MP 15-22, in 22 Long Rifle. It is a blast. It shoots as fast on semi as my old M16 did on auto. No kick, no noise, and cheap as heck.

Rick
May 4th, 2013, 7:53 PM
Thanks, my son was asking about the boresighter and if it worked. Sounds like a good investment.

Rick
May 4th, 2013, 8:56 PM
Which one do you recommend?

sojourner truth
May 5th, 2013, 5:33 PM
Sorry I took so long to get back...Church stuff and now I'm making chicken fajitas.

I have the one you stick in the end of the barrel, and it works as long as you have a flash suppressor that doesn't get in the way. It won't work on my AK or M1A..Cheaper than dirt and all the other sites have a set of the "in bore" types for sale for each caliber weapon you have. They look just like a bullet, and fit in the chamber shining the light down the center of the bore. You can boresight at various distances, as long as you can see the light.

I boresighted my 22 caliber weapons at about 25 feet, and they were very close to spot on at 50 yards when I went to the range. The AK and M1A were a different story. I borrowed my buddies in bore device, and it worked like a charm.

Dagobert II
May 5th, 2013, 6:28 PM
I've used a laser bore site on a couple of my weapons. At dusk, I've clamped the weapon in a vice pointed at a distant reflective surface (an unwitting neighbor's wall works well), inserted the laser in the bore and looking through the scope, adjusted the cross hairs until the they're just under the laser light. This method allowed me to take my .308 to a 100 yard range where it printed about 2" above point of aim at that range. I figured 2" high at 100 yards was good enough to make it close enough at more extended ranges given the ballistics of the round I use.

Rick
May 5th, 2013, 9:52 PM
I looked them up and saw a video of the kind that looks like a bullet, but thought that if you accidentally release the bolt, the thing would likely break. We went to pick up my son's M&P today, so I asked them and the guy told me he had that happen to his. He suggested the "end of the barrel type since they have adapters for multiple calibers. I got this one, http://www.laserlyte.com/products/mbs-1 and it worked like a champ. Very easy to use and very accurate. Even in daylight.

I really like dealing with the guys at Quantico, very knowledgeable and helpful.

LEVEL II
May 6th, 2013, 6:03 PM
Rick--here is a trick that will save you money. After you use your bore site, fire your weapon at a 100 yard target. When it is in the bullseye unload it and put your boresight back in and see where the x is on the chart. i.e. 3 up 2 to the right . you will never have to site it again. prior to using put the bore sight in and make sure it is where you zeroed it at 100 yards. if not adjust scope with bore sight in to reflect your 100 yard zero and it will be exact every time. do this with all your rifles and you will not have to spend money at the range unless just for fun.

mac
May 6th, 2013, 6:10 PM
ah hell, it's a whole lot easier than that! just fire your first shot at the bulls eye....at dammed near any range you want....10 yds....20.....what ever floats your cork. get it on paper. let the barrel cool back down to ambient.......set back up on the bulls eye, lock her down, make sure it's still on the bulls eye, now move the reticues to the bullet hole. cost? 1 cartrige.....mac

Rick--here is a trick that will save you money. After you use your bore site, fire your weapon at a 100 yard target. When it is in the bullseye unload it and put your boresight back in and see where the x is on the chart. i.e. 3 up 2 to the right . you will never have to site it again. prior to using put the bore sight in and make sure it is where you zeroed it at 100 yards. if not adjust scope with bore sight in to reflect your 100 yard zero and it will be exact every time. do this with all your rifles and you will not have to spend money at the range unless just for fun.

kantwin
May 6th, 2013, 6:25 PM
ah hell, it's a whole lot easier than that! just fire your first shot at the bulls eye....at dammed near any range you want....10 yds....20.....what ever floats your cork. get it on paper. let the barrel cool back down to ambient.......set back up on the bulls eye, lock her down, make sure it's still on the bulls eye, now move the reticues to the bullet hole. cost? 1 cartrige.....mac

Old skewl. Nuffin' wrong with that. :)

LEVEL II
May 6th, 2013, 7:24 PM
I don't think you old goats get it. bump your scope or take it off and see what you get. you get to start over and zero again. but if you put your bore sighter in the gun and adjust to your x and y to where your zero was, you do not even have to take a shot.

sojourner truth
May 6th, 2013, 8:08 PM
I too like to zero old style. It takes a few rounds, but it works when you only use the iron sights like I do. Call it an old habit, born of many years running rifle ranges. One click at a time...Gets the job done.

Rick
May 6th, 2013, 8:30 PM
I saw it in action. When I installed the bore sighter, I was in the house and adjusted it on a wall, about 20 ft away. Went outside, shot a couple of rounds from maybe 20 yards away, it hit high and to the right. I put the bore sighter in and the laser hit the target exactly where the bullets had hit. So I adjusted it from there and hit dead center.

circle_c
May 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I too like to zero old style. It takes a few rounds, but it works when you only use the iron sights like I do. Call it an old habit, born of many years running rifle ranges. One click at a time...et.s the job done. Me too Sojo, I still adjust my '03 Peep and open sights to the strike of the bullet. Just seems like the right thing to do with an 03... :-):-):-).

mac
May 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM
yeow, i did the same thing with my '03A3 before i converted it into a scoped Win .300 mag.......mac

Me too Sojo, I still adjust my '03 Peep and open sights to the strike of the bullet. Just seems like the right thing to do with an 03... :-):-):-).

Mestral
May 7th, 2013, 7:22 PM
I too like to zero old style. It takes a few rounds, but it works when you only use the iron sights like I do. Call it an old habit, born of many years running rifle ranges. One click at a time...Gets the job done.I found out the need to also learn battle site zero technique on the last gun I had to sight in. Came out of the armory (from the factory) with the sights as far off the target as they could be adjusted. First shot wouldn't have even been on the paper at 25 yards.