PDA

View Full Version : Foam For My Home

cnjbond
April 19th, 2013, 8:48 PM
Has anyone else tried Foam For My Home yet or any other foam insulation company for that matter? We're looking at foaming the exterior walls of our existing home to beef up the insulation values. After halving the estimated energy savings the company claimed we'd see (since no one ever reaches the estimates that businesses advertise) it would actually pay for itself during the time we plan on staying in our home...there was also a $500 off BuyTexasDeal.

We have a friend that's having their house built right now and a few of their neighbors and friends encouraged them to get the foam insulation as well. I hope it's as good as advertised!

Rick
April 19th, 2013, 9:09 PM
Looks interesting. When we built our house, we did an insulation upgrade. It wasn't foam, but a more dense cellulose. It not only saves electricity, but is much more soundproof. Something you will appreciate in the city.

I'm always looking at ways to save. Do you mind me asking how much it would cost? We got an estimate for the radiant barrier, but given our already low electric bills, it wouldn't make sense to pay the $15,000 it would have cost.

Here's a video of how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLP64PoCQIc&feature=player_embedded

cnjbond
April 20th, 2013, 8:09 AM
They quoted us $3,300 to foam all of the exterior walls (minus the garage) plus re-blowing the insulation in the attic. We thought about doing the interior walls as well but the only purpose that would've served would be for the sound deadening properties which in the grand scheme of things really isn't necessary.

CenTexDave
April 20th, 2013, 1:59 PM
If you do this let us know your results.

cnjbond
April 20th, 2013, 9:49 PM
If you do this let us know your results.
Will do!