PDA

View Full Version : New Ellison football coach featured in article

siamcat
February 24th, 2013, 8:52 PM
http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/drawing-it-up-new-ellison-football-coach-takes-different-approach/article_d3812232-7e44-11e2-aca9-001a4bcf6878.html

From what I've read in the article I like the new coach.
He attends other sporting events, gets the football team to make a cheer tunnel for a girls team, and wants to really support not only the football team but all of Ellison.
I wish them the best.

In just over a month on campus, Gregory’s infused his energy and excitement into the program like an epinephrine needle.
“We want to create an excitement at Ellison High School that everyone can be a part of, and I think that’s beginning,” Gregory said.

Gregory has been a staple at nearly every athletic event Ellison has participated in since he was hired, attending both boys and girls playoff basketball games and even taking pictures with a couple of Lady Eagle medal winners at the UIL state wrestling championships Saturday at the Delco Center.
“Last time I checked, we’re in the kid business and it’s about the kids, it’s not about me,” Gregory said.

One afternoon earlier this month, as the Lady Eagles basketball team was preparing to load a chartered bus to their bi-district playoff game against DeSoto in Waco, Gregory had the idea to have his JV and varsity football players line up in “spirit lines” — creating a tunnel of excitement as the girls walked onto the bus.

Scarlett
February 24th, 2013, 9:02 PM
I haven't had time to go personally meet him yet but I can tell you I've seen a huge difference in the attitude of my football playing students. They are walking taller and holding their heads up.. And they have something in their voices that they haven't had in over a year... HOPE.

siamcat
February 24th, 2013, 9:19 PM
I haven't had time to go personally meet him yet but I can tell you I've seen a huge difference in the attitude of my football playing students. They are walking taller and holding their heads up.. And they have something in their voices that they haven't had in over a year... HOPE.

I'm happy to hear that.

sojourner truth
February 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM
So am I. Eagles have always had a lot to be proud of. It's a great school, and has great kids. A breath of fresh air, with a good heart will be a great addition to the sports program. Ellison already has the best teachers ever, and the coaching staff has always been super. Can't hide that Eagle pride.

Go Eagles.