PDA

View Full Version : Glock magazine availability

Dagobert II
February 19th, 2013, 1:24 PM
Glockstore.com is advertising factory Glock magazines, to include the 30 round G18 magazines, at pre-Obamunist prices. Of course they're admitting a backlog in filling orders, but they are taking orders and promise not to charge your card until your order is filled. Furthermore, they are taking orders for the 50 round 9mm drum magazine for any 9mm Glock. The price is about 90% more than the pre-Obamunist predicted price and Glockstore.com is saying that their quantities are limited which is consistent with the rumor I heard that the company that was producing them has ceased production in the face of an uncertain market future. Were I to contact that company, as I contacted the Just Right Carbine Company which is located in New York, I'd suggest relocating to Texas where the market and business climate are much more conducive to prosperity.

Mestral
February 19th, 2013, 7:19 PM
Two questions.
1. How can a 50 round 9mm drum magazine feed reliably? My calculations are that it would have to corkscrew, similar to a snail shell. (and I don't know how to make a spring that shape.)
2. Do you know anything about the prices of JR carbines? I looked around on their website and couldn't find any prices. (Of course, prices on nonavailable weapons is an oxymoron.)

sojourner truth
February 20th, 2013, 7:41 AM
Just got a hot flash from Cheaper than Dirt that they now have magazines in stock. I ordered 3 more for my AK, and am about to cancel my backorders with Sportsmans guide.

I didn't look for other caliber mags, but they do have a few on there available.

Now I'm waiting on the supplemental "gee, we are sorry that item is out of stock" Email. Despite them having already taken and processed the order as "in stock". Hmm..We'll see.

Dagobert II
February 20th, 2013, 7:51 AM
I don't know what price might be asked for a JR Carbine at any given source. I suppose it depends very much on what the market will bear, rather like those "market" prices on the fresh fish at Red Lobster. Here's the Glockstore video on the 50 round magazine. They claim to have experienced NO failures with it. I've seen videos of 100 round magazines for Glocks where a Glock on full auto fed the entire magazine flawlessly, but the same type of magazine on a Keltec sub 2000 was a total disaster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeUBDdCgqvs&playnext=1&list=PLmlpAAR7SFKV4 ctlUZsE0mz0jSTONLJlU&feature=results_video

sojourner truth
February 20th, 2013, 5:26 PM
Well, you could take Joe Bidens brilliant suggestion...Just by a double barrell shotgun and if you hear a burglar, just step out on the porch and blast of both barrells. That'll scare him away. Especially when he figures out that you're now totin' an empty shotgun.

What a marroon.:))

Mestral
February 20th, 2013, 5:53 PM
Well, you could take Joe Bidens brilliant suggestion...Just by a double barrell shotgun and if you hear a burglar, just step out on the porch and blast of both barrells. That'll scare him away. Especially when he figures out that you're now totin' an empty shotgun.
What a marroon.:))Not to mention, if you aren't hitting the burglar, you are endangering anyone for the next 100 yards or so.
Much like most of the current administration: reckless discharge and deadly conduct.

Dagobert II
February 20th, 2013, 6:47 PM
I wonder if Joe and his master would like this shotgun. I do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

sojourner truth
February 20th, 2013, 9:12 PM
What's really funny is that in the district where Joee an Jill live, it is illegal to brandish a firearm outside the home OR to discharge it.

But what Chains really is trying to say is that gun rights are meant only for home defense, and that all we need is the bare minimum. Not to actually harm the burglars, but to "scare" them off.

He hasn't a clue what the real meaning of the 2nd amendment is, and that our guns are there to prevent him from taking them and our rights away from us.

Citizen/Voter/Resident
February 21st, 2013, 1:14 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/01/09/backfire-obamacare-forbids-gun-and-ammo-registration

Interesting.

Mestral
February 21st, 2013, 1:33 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/01/09/backfire-obamacare-forbids-gun-and-ammo-registration
Interesting.Hilarious.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot use doctors to collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift . . ."