PDA

View Full Version : UT and A&M Football

LoneStarL
January 29th, 2013, 10:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8892840/texas-legislator-files-bill-revive-texas-longhorns-texas-aggies-rivalry-game

Wish our elected officials thought more of education than football.

Night Owl
January 30th, 2013, 12:01 AM
So A&M and UT don't play. No big deal. Where was the elected officials when A&M was leaving the Big 12. Guess they didn't consider it a big deal then and shouldn't consider it a big deal now.

CenTexDave
January 30th, 2013, 5:39 AM
A&M left the Big 12 because of the Longhorn Network - pure, plain and simple. A Big 12 Network, fashioned after the Big Ten Network, would have equally divided money between schools.
This great invention of UT is really piss poor. I don't think TWC carries it; I know DirecTV does not and I wouldn't subscribe to it if it was offered.

olderthandirt
January 30th, 2013, 6:30 AM
A&M has moved soooooo far past the Thanksgiving Day showdown. Yes, there is a long history with these two schools, but when A&M first approached tu about continuing the tradition, that door was quickly slammed shut by t-sippers. I was a little apprehensive about moving into the SEC, but we've also shown to be HUGE contenders. Saw 'em off. Short. WHOOP!